How to kill wild blackberry bush?

That's what I have been reading about. I'm guessing you have experience with it? You think I am too late to spray this year? Seems like as long as they are active it should soak up the spray.

Never too late. It is a hardwood herbicide. It'll kill thistles, wild roses, blackberries, small trees, etc. It does the job that Roundup just won't do. I think it only takes about a teaspoon to a gallon of water to do the trick.

I mix a bit with my weedkiller to get what it doesn't. Works great.

• Like 1

Just get some Roundup (glyphosate if you get it at co-op) or other vegetation killer product.  Multiple applications will probably be necessary though.  I have some on my land that just won't die, come to find out that the roots are like centipede grass roots, just spread everywhere so when you kill off one patch it grows somewhere else.  You may want to yank out as much as you can, they make a chain types that work great: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200381588_200381588 Roundup can be applied any time of the year, better when leafy though.  And if rain is expected you may want to wait or get one that says waterproof after couple of hours.

It's pretty big and has lot's of briars. I just don't want to mess with it really haha. I'll have to do that once it's dead anyways but it's bee easier to handle.

The chain method is quite easy and you won't have to really mess with the briars part until you pull it out.  I pull them out then run them over with the tractors belly mower or brush hog. 

Triclopyr 4 is also another spray to use. I use it and it works really well on just about anything leafy. Won't hurt your grass either.

Is it similar to crossbow? Looks like similar ingredients.

Luckily this area bush is in an area that we normally mow with the lawnmower so I shouldn't have an issue with them coming back.

Is it similar to crossbow? Looks like similar ingredients.

Luckily this area bush is in an area that we normally mow with the lawnmower so I shouldn't have an issue with them coming back.

I think so. I've never used Crossbow or seen what's in it so I can't say. I can't imagine it being much different though, both are for woody plants and broadleaves. Edited by gjohnsoniv

Joking aside, this is some of the best I've ever used.  

I use it everywhere except where the dogs play.  It turns everything crusty brown and dead.

http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/product_pages/Products.asp?mi=87680&itemnum=17176&redir=Y

Yeah I'm wondering if something like that would work better. The crossbow is supposed to preserve the grass. I'm thinking something like that can't be a strong as something that kills everything in it's path.

Yeah I'm wondering if something like that would work better. The crossbow is supposed to preserve the grass. I'm thinking something like that can't be a strong as something that kills everything in it's path.

Oh no if the Crossbow is like Triclopyr 4 it gets the job done no issue.

I use a low pressure, tiny stream when spraying my fence line.  Everything for 4 inches to either side is dead.  Of course, I mix it twice as strong as they say but I only spray twice a year.  Caster don't do Weedeaters.

That Ranger will kill those blackberries.   There was a grape vine in the field across the street.  Pissed me off cause I'd have mow close to it and it'd grab my hair every time.   Needless to say the only evidence it was ever there is a black charred looking thing,  The Ranger killed the  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  out of it!

Edited by Caster

I use a low pressure, tiny stream when spraying my fence line.  Everything for 4 inches to either side is dead.  Of course, I mix it twice as strong as they say but I only spray twice a year.  Caster don't do Weedeaters.

That Ranger will kill those blackberries.   There was a grape vine in the field across the street.  Pissed me off cause I'd have mow close to it and it'd grab my hair every time.   Needless to say the only evidence it was ever there is a black charred looking thing,  The Ranger killed the  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:  out of it!

Well my wife is gonna stop by tractor supply on the way home to see if they have anything similar. It compares itself to Roundup Pro but I don't know if they will have that or not.