Facebook help...

I'm not much of a Facebook person, mainly it's just to go on and like baby pics or something. I don't post politics or any dirty laundry that some people do, I'm on it an average of 5 minutes or less when I login.

My question is, lately i've been getting every single "like" my friends have clicked on my homepage and I haven't done anything to my settings. It floods my homepage with stuff I care nothing about, it didn't used to do that. I have gone through my settings to see how to stop all that and I can't find a way to block it without blocking everything from friends. All I want to do is block their "likes", not what they post or share, i'm sure they don't want to see all my likes of niece's new baby pics.

And the Facebook haters will start their "I don't do Facebook" ramblings in about two minutes.

There's a few things i'll do or check out on Facebook but there's sometimes I envy those who never started an account, especially when some people get into soap opra fights and all that stupid stuff. I hide all politics posts also on Facebook.

Go to your Account Settings, then Notifications. even though you didn't change anything doesn't mean FB didn't add a new setting and default it to their version of "show me everything". Just review them all and see if any changes are needed.

Thanks, i'll try that.

I never wanted a facebook account and my daughter signed me up for one without asking. I went through hell trying to close it out and finally after months of trying finally succeeded. I don't do face book, twitter or any of the other gossip to the world my whole life story sites and don't have any intentions of that changing any time soon............. :2cents: 

I have nothing against it, I just wasted too much time on it, I first got Facebook in 2005 and disconnected my account earlier this year. There are things I miss about it and there are friends that I don't get to see often that Facebook kept me in contact with and I miss that. TGO is the closest I come to social media anymore and it's really too much on some days.
  • Authorized Vendor

Gun and knife

I have nothing against it, I just wasted too much time on it, I first got Facebook in 2005 and disconnected my account earlier this year. There are things I miss about it and there are friends that I don't get to see often that Facebook kept me in contact with and I miss that. TGO is the closest I come to social media anymore and it's really too much on some days.

Gun and knife forums is also the closest I'll ever get to social media. I just don't have time for all that other stuff.laugh.gif

ARRRGGGG. A post just showed up on my home page, Stan changed his profile pic. I don't know Stan, i'm not friends with Stan but my friend Bobby is friends with Stan and "liked" his profile pic. Why is it showing up and taking space on my homepage?

And the Facebook haters will start their "I don't do Facebook" ramblings in about two minutes.

I don't hate it, I just won't use it 'cause it's haunted....

( My ex-wives are there.  :eek:  :panic: :death: :hiding:  )

At one point Facebook kept recommending that I be friends with a certain person because we had 108 friends in common. Don't you think that if we have 108 friends in common and we aren't already friends then there is a good reason for that? It was my wretched ex by the way.

AFAIK, you can't turn that off. FB doesn't know that you don't know Stan. Maybe you want to be friends with Stan. Wash-Rinse-Repeat.

No, if I friended Stan, Bobby's friend, then I would get a post about Stan liking Freddy's profile pic then I would have to friend Freddy and Bill and Sammy and so on and so on. Actually I am friends with a Bill, but not his friend Clarence.

Edited by K191145

At one point Facebook kept recommending that I be friends with a certain person because we had 108 friends in common. Don't you think that if we have 108 friends in common and we aren't already friends then there is a good reason for that? It was my wretched ex by the way.

Pardon me for laughing at that...

No, if I friended Stan, Bobby's friend, then I would get a post about Stan liking Freddy's profile pic then I would have to friend Freddy and Bill and Sammy and so on and so on. Actually I am friends with a Bill, but not his friend Clarence.

Yeah. That's how this social media thing works.