What is the ATF doing down there???

Trend times for form 4s for trusts went from 90 days to almost 150 days. But wait times for individuals is down close to 30 days. I am a naturally impatient dude but this is getting frustrating.

833dbb79c59bbcec1f3a96f54708ecf6.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by WarPig

The title of this thread is, " What is the ATF doing down there???"

My thinking.....Obama provided long term vacations for any workers that support gun owners in practicing their second amendment rights while telling the workers that fight our rights to work nights and weekends.

want frustrating, our F3s are 2.5-3 months... I'm getting F4s back as fast for some ... yeah, 2001, 14 months from payment to first bullet down the pipe..

Thats crazy. Form 3's were six weeks like clockwork back in the spring.

Is it because more folks are filing or is it something else?

I have been watching the NFA tracker for about 15 months...people said I was crazy and I don't know how it officially works but I swear I saw the trend graph wave. Like the ATF said, "this month we are going to docus on form 1's, next month form 4 trusts, now for 4 individuals." I'm sure they don't do that but every time I look something goes up and another immediately has a significant drop.

When people found out that it was, keyword WAS, only taking a matter of a month or two to get an e-filed stamp approved, it caused a big influx of trusts being started and e-files being submitted. 

Edited by reed1285

When people found out that it was, keyword WAS, only taking a matter of a month or two to get an e-filed stamp approved, it caused a big influx of trusts being started and e-files being submitted.

My e filed form 1's went through in about 60 days. I have 4 hard copy form 4's in right now...the first 2 were done in the first week of April.

The Sig-Brace ruling had a lot to do with Form 1 wait times going up rapidly, and the ever present threat of 41P looming hasn't helped either.

So I'm throwing money at Form 1s while I'm overseas, since the wait won't matter as much since I can't touch things I want to build. lol

THIS IS AWESOME...I finally called to check on the status of a few form 4s I dropped in March. The lady on the phone said they were approved SIX WEEKS AGO!!! And I quote, "call your dealer, we have been having some mail issues. They can request another form."

I called the good people at Everything Weapons and they told me they had received paperwork from the ATF that was opened (unsealed). Everything Weapons is checking on it now for me...ATF, mail issues indeed.