The American Flag Is Offensive

NextExit

All this flag nonsense is really out of hand.I say if you can not even respect our countries flag maybe you should remove yourself to a different country.When I graduated in 1976(Whoa the bicentennial year no less)there was an American flag in every room in the school,and we said the allegience every morning when we were in the lower grades.Who are we offending other than ourselves-America get a grip already.If you don't like it here leave already.

• Like 5

Don't all Dickson County schools have an American Flag flying on a flagpole in front of the school (and a TN state flag)?  Just like every other school I've seen?  Do they not recite the Pledge of Allegiance every morning?

My Grandson says it is an option of the teacher as to whether they recite the pledge in the Cheatham County Schools. He attends Grammer school in Kingston Springs. My son is considering home schooling him since my daughter in law is qualified to be a teacher and at one time was offered a position teaching in Cheatham County.

Edited by bersaguy
That sounds like the Board of Education for you in Dickson. Seriously these are the same people who couldn't pass a budget and almost kept kids from going to school. The Director of Schools of his cronies are a bunch of jackwagons. They don't represent the county at all because they aren't from there.

I remember when I was in school our school district was constantly trying to make news by being the first school district in the state/country do do just about anything.  They just wanted to be noted so they had all kinds of silly programs and rules.  About half the school would rebel against every new rule and they would get the media involved, which made the school system look really stupid.  Talk about the crazies running the asylum.  I think Dickson County needs some of that spirit if there are any kids left that have the guts to do it.  

• Moderators
I think this is more of an example of dumb zero tolerance and lack of common sense than it is a political statement.

"no flags allowed".

Half the patriots in the school figure out some way to display American flag.

"well, we did say NO FLAGS".

It's like me. I wore a very nice button up shirt to school once and got a dress code violation because it was striped instead of solid. Didn't matter that it was nicer than the majority of shirts at the school.

And yep, I knew that would probably happen but it didn't stop me expressing myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by CZ9MM