amnesty to illegal immigrants

vontar

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/55c9fbb9e4b0923c12be0ddb

Remove the word illegal and voila, no laws are broken.

I am not a xenophobe, were it not for legal immigration in 1916, I wouldn't be here.

If immigrants are taught the laws are flexible and selectively enforced, how does that impact assimilation into society and how it could affect next and future generations?
  • Like 2
If illegals are given amnesty (I bet that will be citizenship) and allowed to vote; another Republican will never be elected. It is beyond me how anyone can’t see that people coming here illegally for our social welfare programs will run up a bill that we (Taxpayers) can’t pay.
  • Like 1

You see that part as a Bad Thing?

- OS

Nope. Its not a bad thing. The Catholic Church has many enemies, most of those are historical with long detailed histories. It also cannot continue to flourish in this country as it once did without an influx of the faithful What's the most rapidly growing Roman Catholic racial group in this country? There are mutually beneficial needs between the two and with the enormous influx of illegal Hispanic's a symbiotic relationship. Nothing sinister but an opportunity none the less.  

• Like 1

.... It also cannot continue to flourish in this country as it once did without an influx of the faithful ...

Dunno about  when "once did" was. Whatever the exact boost it gets from El Sur, the Catholic population still maintains about the same percentage of total population it's had since 1960 at something over 20%, even as total Christian identification has declined some 7 percentage points just over the last decade.

Ironic that the initial surge in American Catholicism happened during huge immigration from Europe in the 1800s. The Irish alone were cause enough for most of the original cathedrals in the big NE cities.

- OS

• Admin Team

Baptists believe Jesus turned the water into Welch's grape juice, and they don't recognize each other in liquor stores. ;)

- OS

You know why you always take more than one church of Christ guy fishing with you, right?

Because if you only take one, he'll drink all your beer.
  • Like 2

Baptists believe Jesus turned the water into Welch's grape juice, and they don't recognize each other in liquor stores. ;)

- OS

I swear we have infiltrators among my church community, during communion there are sippers and gulpers. :angel: 

witnessed it first hand a few times.

Yep, when you see 4 Baptists you'll always see a 5th and I'm not talking about another person. :cheers:  

- OS

witnessed it first hand a few times.

If you take a Baptists fishing, you better take 2.  If you don't the first one will drink all your beer.