Any way to verify military record?

Thats a Dependa-card. Just saying you are married to a soldier so you can go get fleeced at the PX and Commissary.

She is trying way too hard.

Ask her for her FC 4137 lol...bet she will give some crazy excuse why she does not have one (which she wont - thats the TSAAS application form to go to Air Assault/Pathfinder, etc)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Those cards are color coded. What color is it. In the day many years ago the AD cards were green and Reserve Component were a pinkish red. Dependent ID cards are a orange/tangerine/peach tintish were dependent with gray being retired. Only the later two are still in use. The orange tint one is issued to Reserve and guard post deployment to receive their six months post health care as a I'd card for insurance. These cards are know to be highly counterfeited at times. Edited by R1100R

Its an expired ID, means nothing. If she was still entitled to ANYTHING she would have a current ID card. If she was a veteran she would also have a veterans card WITH her photo on it.

Another HUGE clue is why do you make a copy as proof when you have the actual ID as proof? And finally if she has the ID why is there a need to carry around a folded up copy like most copies of IDs when they are carried. I bet someone here has access to the DEERs enrollment system and can verify her claims. When I was in we would get people trying to do the same.

And she does have an active and national guard record for the state of Tennessee on military.com. They used to verify whether the record was a DoD record or a record where someone registered but apparently they no longer validate people. So if you see the records on military.com do not believe them.

I was medically discharged from the military so if anyone wants to verify I can. No, I will not post ANY copy on the internet because wasteoids like this are looking for more documentation.

Because I was disabled and medically discharged I can verify the process she says she went through to be medically discharged. Mine took three years with several appeals because mine was finalized. And if she was medically discharged without reaching her retirement she would have received a lump sum disability payment from the military as an exit severance package. Then she should apply to the IRS to receive a lump sum return of the taxes taken out of the disability payment. Pretty sure the disability payment is calculated like this, time in service in months x base pay x % of disability awarded by the medical board. Under certain circumstances if they believe there is a chance the service member might be able to return to duty at some point they will award a 50% rating (similar to retirement) that will be reevaluated later to determine if they may reenter the service.

But that might not mean anything either because if her active duty husband went through it she would know the process.

Thats a Dependa-card. Just saying you are married to a soldier so you can go get fleeced at the PX and Commissary.

She is trying way too hard.

Ask her for her FC 4137 lol...bet she will give some crazy excuse why she does not have one (which she wont - thats the TSAAS application form to go to Air Assault/Pathfinder, etc)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Did she say she was AA or Pathfinder somewhere? That would be the biggest clue she is a scammer if it is.

A good indicator would be the date. I'm not aware of any active duty being issued these types of ID cards in 2010. Last time I remember having a card like that was before we invaded Iraq. My wife's dependent ID looked like that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course she wasn't. May she be raped to death by a herd of rhinos. I wouldn't rub salt in this one. She sounds like the type who would burn your house down in the middle of the night with you in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by TMF

Of course she wasn't. May she be raped to death by a herd of rhinos. I would rub salt in this one. She sounds like the type who would burn your house down in the middle of the night with you in it.

Well, it's funny you should say that. Her mother claims that this woman has threatened to burn down their home, and even talked about having a hit put on her stepfather. She has been institutionalized multiple times, and is currently on some pretty serious medications. The family has been attempting to get custody of her daughter, but have failed, even with the help of an attorney. This woman has some serious issues.

I'm wondering if this is worth taking to the authorities. I'm not familiar with laws pertaining to stolen valor.   

Well, it's funny you should say that. Her mother claims that this woman has threatened to burn down their home, and even talked about having a hit put on her stepfather. She has been institutionalized multiple times, and is currently on some pretty serious medications. The family has been attempting to get custody of her daughter, but have failed, even with the help of an attorney. This woman has some serious issues.

I'm wondering if this is worth taking to the authorities. I'm not familiar with laws pertaining to stolen valor.

It's why I mentioned the part about burning down houses and whatnot. I do have experience with these types of people, and I've gone out of my way to keep them out of my life. It's why I would advise against any further involvement in your part. These people thrive on conflict, which is why they live in a perpetual state of drama. Even though you might not directly engage this person again, by being indirectly involved may come back on you, especially now that you've been in contact with the mother.

Without knowing the entire situation, I'm going to assume the mother has a similar personality, and rolls in close circles with her daughter. While she might be on your side today, she might not be tomorrow.

Either way, folks like this like to run their mouth, and loose lips sink ships. Best to make it clear to everyone involved that you are simply disassociating yourself from this person and moving on with your life. I sense the crazy is strong with this one.

ETA: As Kid Rock once famously said, "I ain't straight outta Compton, I'm straight out the trailer." I know these people; they are my people. It's why I got as far away as I could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by TMF
  • Like 4

And be forewarned that when she doesn't get what she wants she WILL go on the offensive. I was going to contact her to try to catch her in a lie but after seeing her facebook page I realized she is too involved with that to let anyone try to make her lies public.

I suspect part of the problem is also substance abuse which makes any mental problems she might have even worse.

Maybe, but no one would prosecute her for stolen valor.

If anyone needs to call the Police; it’s the family. If her or the kid ends up dead there will be a lot of hand wringing and blaming everyone else. Sorry, but the only people that get anything done is the family. If the woman is the danger everyone claims she is; they need to step up.

Maybe, but no one would prosecute her for stolen valor.

If anyone needs to call the Police; it’s the family. If her or the kid ends up dead there will be a lot of hand wringing and blaming everyone else. Sorry, but the only people that get anything done is the family. If the woman is the danger everyone claims she is; they need to step up.

Several family members have contacted me. They've been trying for years to get custody of her daughter, but have been unsuccessful. This woman has been arrested at least 7 times, according to a quick Google search. It doesn't seem like the police have been very successful at doing much. Well, I guess the courts are ultimately to blame.  

Edited by TripleDigitRide

It's why I mentioned the part about burning down houses and whatnot. I do have experience with these types of people, and I've gone out of my way to keep them out of my life. It's why I would advise against any further involvement in your part. These people thrive on conflict, which is why they live in a perpetual state of drama. Even though you might not directly engage this person again, by being indirectly involved may come back on you, especially now that you've been in contact with the mother.

Without knowing the entire situation, I'm going to assume the mother has a similar personality, and rolls in close circles with her daughter. While she might be on your side today, she might not be tomorrow.

Either way, folks like this like to run their mouth, and loose lips sink ships. Best to make it clear to everyone involved that you are simply disassociating yourself from this person and moving on with your life. I sense the crazy is strong with this one.

ETA: As Kid Rock once famously said, "I ain't straight outta Compton, I'm straight out the trailer." I know these people; they are my people. It's why I got as far away as I could.

My mother was a dependapotumus. After she and my father divorced she dedicated her life to playing the system and doing everything she could to keep my father in and out of court, although he had done nothing wrong. My father was a a naval officer and while he was a deadbeat in the term of humanity, he paid his child support. As an adult now, I fully understand why he was absent, my mother was as crazy as this woman this thread is about. I can't recall her holding a stable job my entire life, and she has been in and out of jail quite a bit. Unfortunately for this woman's children, I don't have much hope for them either. Of my five other siblings, I am the only one that has come out of that disaster and created some semblance of a normal life. Drug abuse, prostitution and physical abuse were things I saw daily and grew up with as 'normal and accepted.' We grew up in the trailer parks near military bases so my mother could ply her trade. Her third husband was in the Army until she managed to get him drummed out and ruined his life.

But she was always a victim.

It took me nearly twenty years after leaving home (and the foster care system) to get her out of my life. After watching most of my siblings follow directly in her path. I have a sister in prison, and she will be there for another seven years or so. I have a brother that is currently a fugitive, another sister that drank herself into oblivion and lost custody of her children and last I heard was living on the streets.

I removed myself from that life.

It is not worth the drama, and you can't fix what wants to stay broken.

My advice to the OP?

Move on, and forget any association with that woman.

If you cross her, she will make it her life to ruin you, and she has NOTHING else to do. That will be her job, and I am sure she won't mind the overtime.

Edited by Murgatroy
  • Like 3

Several family members have contacted me.

Why are they contacting you?

They've been trying for years to get custody of her daughter, but have been unsuccessful. This woman has been arrested at least 7 times, according to a quick Google search. It doesn't seem like the police have been very successful at doing much. Well, I guess the courts are ultimately to blame.

It’s tough to have a child taken from their parent. Simply being arrested isn’t going to do it unless she is incarcerated, which obviously she isn’t.

If Child and Family Services and the Courts have been involved and something happens to the child, then yes, they are to blame. But only if that is the case.

Some guy is tearing her up on a local Facebook gun trader page LOL . This is what was written ,  check this out .............

"Stephanie Ralph guess what bitch? Your stolen valor #### is going famous. Don't pretend to be a disabled vet. We veterans don't like people who lie about war.

https://www.facebook.com/missninja82?fref=ts

Beware of Stephanie Ralph / Stephanie Ralph-Pinckley

After doing some digging, searching online and speaking with people close to Stephanie, it quickly became apparent that she is little more than a seasoned con artist who's suffering from what appears to be some quite serious mental/psychological issues. The fact that DCS allows a child to be in the custody of someone with such obvious issues is deeply disturbing.
Stephanie was NEVER in the military. Not even for one day. She was NEVER a combat medic. She is NOT a disabled veteran. She is nothing more than a mentally ill con artist who is smart enough to pull at the heartstrings of the community by pretending to be a disabled veteran. The closest she came to being in the military was her ex-husband who was the real combat medic in the US Army.
Stephanie will try to prove that she was in the military by posing in Army shirts and military garb that just about anyone can buy. For all we know, they are items that were left behind by her ex-husband. She cannot provide any actual documentation to prove that she was ever enlisted in the military. She cant, because there is none. This is a blatant case of stolen valor, period.
This con artist has made a full-time job out of trolling local Facebook groups, begging for free stuff. She cannot post a single thing on Facebook without making sure everyone knows that she's a disabled veteran (not), a single mother, and having another baby on Christmas day. She is one big walking-talking sob story. Sadly, some of us were gullible to fall for her scam.
Please keep an eye out for this woman. Don't fall for her BS.

A quick research about her "story" of being in war...

yielded a post on PTSD's Facebook page

https://m.facebook.com/story.php…

Edited by tercel89

She has admitted to doing something to actually violate the Stolen Valor Act. She bragged about getting military discounts at various places.

She needs to feel the wraith that is our veterans

I will go ahead and get the ball rolling on her demise.

I know some have suggested I just walk away from the mess, but I cannot do that. People who profit off of stolen valor should suffer. I am currently working with a local, small town reporter on a story about her. I just left the Sheriff's department, where I made a public records request. Her arrest record is so lengthy, they told me I would have to come back and pick it up tomorrow. I have a TON of info on her.