Man, this is getting close to home!

gregintenn

• Administrator

Scottsville is one of the last places I ever would've expected to hear about this. It's a small town where telling the kids to go play and be back for supper wouldn't be at all out of the ordinary. For something like this to have happened is just positively stunning. 

I hope they caught the right guy, and I hope he gets everything he has coming in prison. 

If they caught the right guy, I hope he doesn't make it to prison.  As the father of two girls, I'll rent someone the woodchipper.

• Like 6

why would they allow a bond of any amount if they believe this is the killer?

Local talk is that he wasn't in it alone. I hope they get everyone involved. A public hanging would be ideal, but won't ever happen today. This guy can't be dead enough quick enough for me.

• Like 3

They said in the news that police have said they have good DNA to test so it will all come out when tests come back. I do hope they have the right guy and if he had an accomplice that they can catch them also. I still find it hard to believe how fast this crime took place and the short period of time in which they found her body................ :confused:  Someone knows a lot more than is being let out on this I believe. Hope it all comes out soon so the family can get some kind of closure if that is possible............ :shrug: 

They said in the news that police have said they have good DNA to test so it will all come out when tests come back. I do hope they have the right guy and if he had an accomplice that they can catch them also. I still find it hard to believe how fast this crime took place and the short period of time in which they found her body................ :confused:  Someone knows a lot more than is being let out on this I believe. Hope it all comes out soon so the family can get some kind of closure if that is possible............ :shrug:

I expect the police handled this well. Don't tell the media squat until it's over.

• Like 1

I expect the police handled this well. Don't tell the media squat until it's over.

Probably a very smart move or they will have a Bobo case or Vanderbilt Rape case that could last for years.............jmho

Edited by bersaguy

I would say MOST of the time. Sometimes, "they" just want a conviction under their belt.

Right, but what I was pointing out was that the belief of police and prosecutors regarding a person's guilt shouldn't have bearing on whether or not that person is granted bond. Innocent until proven guilty actually means something.

The guy is probably guilty, and should be raped to death by a herd of rhinos. I can have that opinion, because I'm a person and my opinions will have no bearing on this case. It is not okay for the courts to have this opinion, and that's not for the sake of this guy, it's for the sake of the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I would say MOST of the time. Sometimes, "they" just want a conviction under their belt.

Just to add, this brings up a good point. I watch those 20/20 specials every so often where you have an innocent person being railroaded, and some of the stories are absolutely horrific. Not saying that is the case here; this guy is likely guilty. But it does happen, and that is why the courts must treat each person with the presumption of innocence.

Right, but what I was pointing out was that the belief of police and prosecutors regarding a person's guilt shouldn't have bearing on whether or not that person is granted bond. Innocent until proven guilty actually means something.

The guy is probably guilty, and should be raped to death by a herd of rhinos. I can have that opinion, because I'm a person and my opinions will have no bearing on this case. It is not okay for the courts to have this opinion, and that's not for the sake of this guy, it's for the sake of the system.

Cutting to the chase, I believe TN law requires bail for all charges except any form of homicide.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Local talk is that he wasn't in it alone. I hope they get everyone involved. A public hanging would be ideal, but won't ever happen today. This guy can't be dead enough quick enough for me.

WTF is wrong with people? How does anyone see a 7 year old and think "boy I'd like for screw her!"  How do multiple people think the same thing?

I'd be happy to pull the trigger on them.  Save everyone effort.  Nah, on second thought a bullet is too good for them.  A .22 is worth more.

Kill them with fire.

• Like 2

What? I would assume that anytime anyone is arrested and charged, "they" believe they have the right guy.

I was referring to innocent until proven guilty.  Get arrested for anything and you are guilty until you prove otherwise.

I have a 7 year old and almost 5 year old. We are right at the age where at sporting events and birthday parties, I have noticed some parents let their kids go to the bathroom and/or concession stand by themselves. It may not be obvious, but I try to watch my kids like a hawk. My wife says that developmentally, it is good for kids to develop a sense of Independence. As far as I am concerned, they can do that with me watching from a distance. Statistically, I may be paranoid. I am 100% OK with that. It is just not that much trouble. Edited by JReedEsq
  • Like 2