Carrying around people who don't share your views of protection.

If it's family it's a family issue; not a gun issue. Deal with it.

If it's not family you respect the owners wishes or you don't enter. One of the Southern states (can't remember which one) requires that you notify the home owner before carrying into a private home. We don't need to have that law added here because some can't respect the homeowners wishes.

With all do respect you guys are beating a dead horse!  Here's my take and I am 80 years old.  I think a man's home is his castle and when you take a weapon in his house you are disrespectful to him and his famlly.  If I am that fearfull for my life in his home then I wouldn't bother to go there.  I would never put him or his familly in that situation. That goes for anyone's home relative or friend.

All my family agrees with me........

• Like 1

What rules? No rules were ever established according to his original post. Out of sight out of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's about respect for another's domain.  This isn't about rules.  Too many people today only worry about respect for another if it suits them.  It's called doing the right thing in my opinion.  I can do a lot of things, it doesn't mean I should.  Concealed vs. not concealed isn't the issue in my opinion.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1
Well said. Too many in the gun culture are quick to complain about their rights being trampled, all while oblivious to their disrespect of other rights with which they disagree.

• Moderators
I know for one I don't automatically ask if they are ok with me having a knife in my pocket, an iPhone in the other, and an SUV parked in their driveway (all of these has the potential to insult someone). It just so happens I may have a Glock 19 strapped to my side.

Yes, respecting others rights and wishes on their property is important, but if they are not explicitly anti-gun then I just assume I am doing them a favor by protecting them from harm while I visit. If they were to somehow find out then in that case I would either respectively leave or place the gun in my SUV.

It's about respect for another's domain. This isn't about rules. Too many people today only worry about respect for another if it suits them. It's called doing the right thing in my opinion. I can do a lot of things, it doesn't mean I should. Concealed vs. not concealed isn't the issue in my opinion.

I don't see it any different than carrying somewhere that you know you aren't supposed to. We all know that the majority of the people here carry where they want for the most part. Are you respecting the owner of the place who posted the TCA sign, not at all, so what's the difference? I am all for respect, but that's not even the issue.

I don't see it any different than carrying somewhere that you know you aren't supposed to. We all know that the majority of the people here carry where they want for the most part. Are you respecting the owner of the place who posted the TCA sign, not at all, so what's the difference? I am all for respect, but that's not even the issue.

I don't carry where it is clear they don't want me to.  You can do what you want, but it is about respect for others.  I don't agree with a lot of things people do, but if it isn't in my house or under my direct authority, it's not my right to tell them what they have to do.

Don't get me wrong, I am no saint, but I don't purposely ignore someone's request because I don't like it, especially when I am at their house.  That is what we are discussing, not carry in general.

I don't carry where it is clear they don't want me to. You can do what you want, but it is about respect for others. I don't agree with a lot of things people do, but if it isn't in my house or under my direct authority, it's not my right to tell them what they have to do.

Don't get me wrong, I am no saint, but I don't purposely ignore someone's request because I don't like it, especially when I am at their house. That is what we are discussing, not carry in general.

I get what you are saying, but his brother did not ask him not to carry in his house, so he is not purposely ignoring anyone's request.

In fact his brother doesn't even know he carries...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by conn_air7
I don't think they should have to if it is known they are that anti-gun.

I don't sleep in the same room as my girlfriend at my parents because I know they don't approve. Should they have to tell me not to?

My point is simply at times people shouldn't have to tell you everything to know what their wishes are.

I don't think they should have to if it is known they are that anti-gun.

I don't sleep in the same room as my girlfriend at my parents because I know they don't approve. Should they have to tell me not to?

My point is simply at times people shouldn't have to tell you everything to know what their wishes are.

If she's good looking enough, I'd be tempted to do that also [emoji23]

• Like 1
I carry around my family all the time. They just think I'm a whack job so I just carry smaller guns around them and don't ever let them know.

I just started shooting pistols last February and I am seeing a change of attitude in my family. Since all this craziness they come up to me and ask about going to the range with me. It's funny too because they all try to do it on the down low and I'm just going to sucker them into all showing up at once at the range with me. Both my older sisters now want pistols.

Sent from the Fortress of Solitude.

My wife's aunt is rabid anti-gun and pretty much anything else super liberal. She lives in CA (imagine that) and comes to visit every Christmas. We usually go out to eat with her and her husband (he's not as bad as her but she wears the pants in that family). While I don't open carry, I make sure to let out a clue that I'm armed and I make sure I wear my NRA cap. She won't come out and say anything but you can tell it eats her up.

She's actually a pretty nice lady if she keeps her liberal thoughts to herself. She knows this and tends not to bring up politics during her visit. 

My sister in law is an idiotic liberal, worst than most. Last time, as in the last time as well as never again, shev was at my house my wife handed her an AK and my sister in law pooches her stomach out, walked around bow legged and put her tongue inside her lower lip like she had a chew in. She then made grunting noises like she thinks we act.

It took every bit of strength i had not to kick her out of the house. And the only reason why I did not was because of my wife.

Now my SIL is blasting Facebook that we should allow as many Muslims in the country as we can because Muslims are good people. She also believes that gun laws will make bad guys have a change of heart.

I secretly wish she suffers a home invasion but knowing her she will try to give them a hug.

She also believes the government should regulate everything she doesn't like. If she had her way anyone with a different opinion would d be tossed in jail.

If justify never see her again it will be too soon.