Any Smith & Wesson M&P Owners out there?

Burboy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an M&P Pro and an M&P 9. I sold my glocks after shooting these. I use the Pro in IDPA and really love it. I bought the M&P9c for carry but it was a little too bulky for my taste so I carry a KAHR K-9 or Sig 239. I love the M&Ps however.

Guest Revelator

I have a .40 compact and it is a good, reliable gun. Period. It's all I carry, but it's also the only pistol I own so I can't compare it. It is a bit snappy, and I'm not sure if that's just the caliber or if the gun contributes to that because of its size.

I have owned the full size and the compact both in .40S&W.

In my personal opinion there isn’t a better deal in a Tupperware gun.

I thought the M&Pc was to fat for a compact, but so are the Glocks and XD’s.

As an added bonus they are made right here by an American company employing American workers.

:)

I have owned the full size and the compact both in .40S&W.

In my personal opinion there isn’t a better deal in a Tupperware gun.

I thought the M&Pc was to fat for a compact, but so are the Glocks and XD’s.

As an added bonus they are made right here by an American company employing American workers.

:D

Dave, Is there any way you and I could get together and shoot a bit? I was looking at an M&P in .40 cal but I'd like to shoot both the full and compact before I decide.

-Mike

Guest nraforlife
I have the 40c. Never malfunctioned and no problems of any kind. Its a great gun

Same here. I've had a great deal of guns in my life, before selling them all to that black dude with a gold tooth who lives down by the projects. Cash basis no less. :D

The M&P 40c was a very fine carry piece, no problems at all and hid real well in a MTAC holster. The 165gr Golden Saber round was outstanding in it.

Guest superdrew4000

My M&P .45 has run around a thousand rounds now and keeps getting better. I was convinced by friends that a Glock was the way to go for a novice handgun owner. So I shot various Glocks, and on a whim the M&P.

I bought the M&P and will probably get another this spring.:D

• Administrator

I have owned the M&P 9, 9C, 9L, 40C and 40. I just bought another 40 today to replace the one I sold a while back. It will probably be my primary carry during the winter months.

They have all been good guns but the 9C and 9L were a bit quirky out of the box and required minor issues to be addressed before I felt comfortable with them for anything more than range use.

Dave, Is there any way you and I could get together and shoot a bit? I was looking at an M&P in .40 cal but I'd like to shoot both the full and compact before I decide.

-Mike

You're welcome to shoot my full-size 40 anytime. I hope to have a 45C sometime before the end of the year.

Guest cbrantl1

M&P9. Put about 850 +/- a few. 250 of those were shot in one day. No problems at all. Its great!!!

Did a round of shooting like we have to do for the HCP class, put all the rounds through basically the same apple-sized grouping.

Edited by cbrantl1
typo...

-Mike

You would be more than welcome to shoot anything I have; but I don’t have them anymore. You can get with Tungsten, but you better hurry he changes guns almost as a often as I do. :cop:

Guest sharpshooter01

I've got the full size .45 and love it. I only have about 350-400 rounds through it, but have had no problems. Very accurate. I hope to soon get a compact .45 and possibly later on a compact 9.

• Administrator
You would be more than welcome to shoot anything I have; but I don’t have them anymore. You can get with Tungsten, but you better hurry he changes guns almost as a often as I do. :bat:

Oh come on now... Joe mislead you. I've got a few now that I won't part with. The others are up for discussion. :cop:

Guest utarch00

I have a a full size 9 and carry it easily in a MTAC. No problems what so ever. It actually made me sell my Sig. I have been thinking about getting one in .45.

Guest EasilyObsessed

I had a 45 and now I have a 9.

The 45 was a great gun but I wanted something cheaper to shoot. Picked up the 9 and mine has been perfect. At least 1k rounds through it now without a single hiccup. Matter of fact, I like this gun so much that it replaced the Kimber CDP as my daily carry.

I have a 9mm compact Ive had it about 8 mo. When I first got it didnt like to shoot hollow points, One trip to S&W ( they polished the feed ramp) and no other problems. Ive probly got about 1500 rounds throught it with no other problems.

I like the way it shoots and carries very easly.

I think the new models dont have any problems with jhp.

One reason I bought the M&P is that its made in America!

Guest bkelm18
I hope you don't need any parts, the customer service is a JOKE. The pistols are great, but they have forgotten great customer service goes along with a good product.

Dude, give it a rest on their customer service. So they wont sell you a part. Big whoop. Plenty of other companies do the same.