Unarmed, long knife and tomahawk combatives course

Spots

I had some interest in this last year, so I'm putting the offer out there. I am offering a one day basic course. It will cover throws, chokes, kicks, strikes, joint locks and ground work for the unarmed portion. It will also include Long knife and Tomahawk techniques, as well as improvised weapons design and usage in urban and rural areas. This will be a 10-12 hour class. Location will be within 20 minutes of Oliver Springs, TN. Water, coffee and Gatorade will be provided, you need to eat breakfast, bring a lunch, and bring money for supper at a $10-15 per person restaurant after the class. I'll be your main instructor, as well as my father, who is a 6th Degree black belt in Taekwondo, Hapkido and Judo. I hold black belts in those three as well and that is were the unarmed techniques will come from. The long knife and tomahawk techniques are drawn from my one on one training with Col Dwight McLemore. You will need to bring a mouth guard, pants, non-steel toe boots or shoes, and a tshirt or sweatshirt. Any weather except snow. Training will be outdoors and your clothes need to be suitable for mud, dirt and grass. For more info PM me. The class will be Saturday March 12th, meeting in Oliver Springs at 630 am eastern time.

Sent from behind the anvil Edited by Spots
  • Like 2

sounds great, on the off chance that lacking both a knife and a gun, I happen to have an axe in my pocket.

:) 

Just kidding, wish I were closer & such...  one of my teachers in HS was a champ axe thrower but I never got the hang of those, I can do a knife reasonably well. 

• Like 1

When I think of fighting someone with a tomahawk it makes me wanna buy the best running shoes money can buy and ramp up my cardio.

My personal opinion is that if you can't shoot the sumbitch then that's probably your best option. But you can learn to use one defensively and offensively. A lot of it is having the will power and violence of action to win.

Sent from behind the anvil
  • Like 1

Whether I can make it or not, thank you for doing this. Very generous (your time, effort, and knowledge).

I've had a lot of opportunities given to me. Blacksmithing, martial arts and others. I try to pay that forward any way I can. I firmly believe knowledge should be available to anyone who is willing to seek it.

• Like 3

I've had a lot of opportunities given to me. Blacksmithing, martial arts and others. I try to pay that forward any way I can. I firmly believe knowledge should be available to anyone who is willing to seek it.

^^^^^ this right here is why I choose to live in TN and visit this forum more than others. I echo the thought of TN-popo as well. Kudos.

I'm interested, but not certain I can attend yet. When do you need a head count?

Friday March 10th lol. If I have one or two I'll hold it, but the more the better. I can always schedule another one later on if there's intrest

Anyone else interested?

Unarmed techniques will include joint manipulations, strikes using hands, feet, knees and elbows. We will also cover a few throws, and basic groundwork.

Knife and tomahawk techniques will cover angles of attack, carry postions, how to chose a knife, footwork and other things.

Approiate clothing would be tshirt and bdu pants. There will be ground fighting involved so make sure to wear things that can get dirty or torn.

If this class goes well there will be an advanced covering two days that is much more physical.

sounds great, on the off chance that lacking both a knife and a gun, I happen to have an axe in my pocket.

:)

Just kidding, wish I were closer & such... one of my teachers in HS was a champ axe thrower but I never got the hang of those, I can do a knife reasonably well.

One example I like to uze. Anything I can do with a tomahawk I can do with a 28 oz Estwing framing hammer and it will cause equally devastating trauma. I I need to practice throwing some more, it's been awhile

• 3 weeks later...

Really wish I could make it. Work won't allow for it now, but hopefully there will be another I can manage to make later on. 

You guys have fun though, thanks for opening your house and sharing your knowledge Spots, damn good of you.

Really wish I could make it. Work won't allow for it now, but hopefully there will be another I can manage to make later on.

You guys have fun though, thanks for opening your house and sharing your knowledge Spots, damn good of you.

I was just discussing with peejman that there will be another one down th road

Dang!!! How did I miss this? What a great opportunity.  I would have been first on the list. No way I can make it now. If you ever do this again I'll be there. You and your father are amazing for doing this. I sure hope you can do it again sometime. 

Edited by Randall53

So my only question is whether this is taught in the beginner or advanced class:

LoIKxvA.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's actually the first requirement to begin class lol.

Dang!!! How did I miss this? What a great opportunity. I would have been first on the list. No way I can make it now. If you ever do this again I'll be there. You and your father are amazing for doing this. I sure hope you can do it again sometime. I'm am so pissed at myself for not seeing this sooner!!

It'll happen again. Probably in the next couple of months. I will make sure to send you a PM for the next one

• Like 1

That's actually the first requirement to begin class lol.
It'll happen again. Probably in the next couple of months. I will make sure to send you a PM for the next one

Thank you Spots. I'm an hour or so away from Oliver Springs and would really enjoy it.