HANDGUN PERMIT EXAM PREP.

Guest jwcont1

Guest jwcont1

LOOKING FOR ALL HELP TO PREPARE FOR HCP!

VERY CONFIDENT IN SAFETY & RANGE SHOOTING.

JUST WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING COVERING RULES & EXAM.

I GUESS STUDY GUIDES AN ALL NEED TO KNOW INFO.

THANKS TO ALL , SUPER SITE, NEW MEMBER

OH, HCP CLASS SCHEDULED IN FEB 09

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Welcome to TGO. The answer to this and a lot of other questions can be found by doing a simple search of the existing threads. As member Steelharp said, the exam is very easy. Just pay attention, take notes if you feel lead to do so, listen to the instructor and relax when it comes time to shoot. You'll do fine.

Only one failed in the class my wife and I took and it was on the range as he was judged to be to to dad-gum dangerous with a handgun to be carrying. I dont really know how they decided that as the wheel gun he brought to shoot wouldnt even turn and would barley open to load:screwy:. Go figure. As they already stated all common sense if you grew up around guns you know what you need to know you just need to state it in there terms and pay the blood money for your rights.

Good luck and safe shooting;), Rando

Dont worry,be happy.

The problem is the wait.I just took mine about 2 weeks ago,it took me about 4 hours to fill out papers get pic taken and drive to another location for finger prints.

I took my class at ETSU, the instructor made an8 hour day go by quick.

The movie was probobly good in 1984.

Guest benchpresspower

Basically you're gonna be identifying the main parts of the gun. What to do and what not to do. Fear and some other things. As everyone is saying, it is basic common sense.

The written is easy- unless you have a brain/memory defect or something.

We had two people fail in my class of about 20 or so - they failed because of the shooting component- They had never handled a handgun and they were both shooting all over the place. Several instructors tried to help them to no avail.

My wife had never fired a handgun before when she took her class- made a perfect score using the G19 furnished by the range.

Guest sharpshooter01

Our instructor read out the test questions before the test and everyone answered out loud. Then he give us our test after that. Scored 100% on mine, I never did that in school when I studied. :) Just pay attention during the classroom part and if you can shoot at all you will breeze through the firing range part. We shot 24 rounds at 3 yards, 12 at 7, and 12 at 15. By the time you moved to 15 you were already qualified if you are any kind of shot. Good luck and don't worry about a thing!

Guest jwcont1

THANK TO ALL , JUST TRING TO GET AHEAD OF THE BALL.

I'AM 33 AN BEEN SHOOTING OUT BACK AN RANGES SINCE I WAS EIGHT YEARS OLD,SO SHOOTING NO PROBLEM.

JUST NO SURE ON ALL CCING RULES!

GOT A CLASS 1\7\09:D

THANK TO ALL , JUST TRING TO GET AHEAD OF THE BALL.

I'AM 33 AN BEEN SHOOTING OUT BACK AN RANGES SINCE I WAS EIGHT YEARS OLD,SO SHOOTING NO PROBLEM.

JUST NO SURE ON ALL CCING RULES!

GOT A CLASS 1\7\09:D

LOL...well one rule is, it doesn't have to be CC. :P

Pay attention in class, watch the outdated video, our instructor went over test questions b4 testing. Read all the answers on the multiple choice. Some questions all the answers are correct so don't pick the first correct answer. Shooting is a breeze, relax, pay attention, and have fun. Know your gun and its parts!!

Guest justinbelcher13

The test is so easy, if you can't pass it with common sense, you honestly have no business touching a gun. As far as shooting, same goes. If you cant keep 50 rounds from 15yds or less in a b27, carrying a gun for self defense is just going to get you killed because you aren't gonna hit them.

Guest canynracer

The transition from handgun to AR is what got me...but I made it up when I went from AR back to handgun...

all kidding aside,

its harder to fail the test than to pass it.

Guest abailey362

our test was as a group...no possibility of getting any wrong...but to the point of all before, it is easy....just common sense and a steady hand is all that is needed