Mark Kelly's assault dog kills a baby seal

Sam1

They no doubt lied about the dog attack. I have owned dogs since I was 4 years old and I have never had a dog break a leash as they claim happened. What probably did happen is the dog was off the leash, which is against the law, when it attacked the seal. But because they are now the political elite they can lie about anything and everything with impunity.

He is a liar and is doing so for personal gain. Funny how a person can go from a honorable person who served in the military to a POS virtually over night. I can think of a couple of space shuttles I wish he would have been on.

Dolomite

• Like 4

I may not like his politics, and it's unfortunate that the seal was killed, but I won't hold this against him.  It was apparently his daughter who didn't control the dog and I suspect most parents would probably try to cover for their kid in a similar situation.  Granted he is a public figure so he should know this was going to get out, but I think natural instinct is to protect your family, literally or figuratively.

If it was my or your dog, you would have never seen this.  I am guessing most people here have done or been in situations they aren't proud of.  I suspect he isn't proud of this either.  Just because we have a differing opinion doesn't make him the devil.  Wishing him dead is over the top for me.  We can and should do better.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1

A spokeswoman for Kelly's political committee said that the family crated the dog and talked to officers. No citations were issued because they did not do anything illegal.
'It was legal for her to have the dog on the beach this time of year, and she did have it leashed. It was so strong that it pulled free of her when it saw the [sea lion],' Kravetz said.

So…. It’s okay to have a dog on the beach that you don’t have the ability to control?

Those three women are lucky that dog didn’t turn on them. I love dogs but if I saw that go down I would have walked over and put a bullet in that dogs head before someone got attacked. The dog was out of control and the owner did not have the ability to control it.

So…. It’s okay to have a dog on the beach that you don’t have the ability to control?

Those three women are lucky that dog didn’t turn on them. I love dogs but if I saw that go down I would have walked over and put a bullet in that dogs head before someone got attacked. The dog was out of control and the owner did not have the ability to control it.

That sounds good, just hope it isn't my dog. That may seem extreme, but my dog is more important than a seal.  If it was attacking a person ok, but not a seal. 

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

I may not like his politics, and it's unfortunate that the seal was killed, but I won't hold this against him.  It was apparently his daughter who didn't control the dog and I suspect most parents would probably try to cover for their kid in a similar situation.  Granted he is a public figure so he should know this was going to get out, but I think natural instinct is to protect your family, literally or figuratively.

If it was my or your dog, you would have never seen this.  I am guessing most people here have done or been in situations they aren't proud of.  I suspect he isn't proud of this either.  Just because we have a differing opinion doesn't make him the devil.  Wishing him dead is over the top for me.  We can and should do better.

Wishing he would cut the crap and quit being the next in line for a liberal propagandist's career would suit me, but

he made his bed. He will have to sleep in it. That means he gets no slack from me. :D

You made the example of if it were yours or my dog. Okay. Are you or I in the public arena? He put himself there.

Don't compare apples to oranges. It is his example to set.

Edited by 6.8 AR

Wishing he would cut the crap and quit being the next in line for a liberal propagandist's career would suit me, but

he made his bed. He will have to sleep in it. That means he gets no slack from me. :D

You made the example of if it were yours or my dog. Okay. Are you or I in the public arena? He put himself there.

Don't compare apples to oranges. It is his example to set.

I agree with you, but I think it's fair to say "He" didn't lose control of the dog.  If anything, he was the one who actually helped get the dog off of the seal.  Again, I don't have to agree with his politics, but I don't think "He" did anything wrong other than try to probably protect his kid which again I think most would do, public figure or not.

• Like 1

I agree with you, but I think it's fair to say "He" didn't lose control of the dog.  If anything, he was the one who actually helped get the dog off of the seal.  Again, I don't have to agree with his politics, but I don't think "He" did anything wrong other than try to probably protect his kid which again I think most would do, public figure or not.

“In Control”, “protect his kid”???? The daughter was walking a dog that she obviously couldn’t control. Who was protecting those three women that were trying to stop the attack? They could have been seriously injured in a second.

I own a 100 pound Doberman (that I can control) and if that were me I would have been cited for violating a leash law and allowing my dog to kill a protected animal. Dirt bags like that give the rest of us responsible owners a bad name.
  • Like 3

He is a hypocrite that wants to infringe on your constitutional rights. 

Ban his dog, then sue the breeder out of existance and make him carry insurance and pass a background check before he gets another one.  The seal was an innocent bystander.  How many more seals have to die?

• Like 2

I disagree with the sentiment you are proposing for this guy.  As the others have said, it took minutes for him to get the dog off, what would have happened if the switch in that dog flipped on a baby wading in the water with its parents?  Would that be acceptable as long as he helped get the dog off, or not acceptable for the sole reason it was a child?

Dogs require responsible owners just like guns do.  

• Like 2
I think Mark Kelly is a hypocrite. He owns a dog that is every bit as dangerous as a loaded Glock in the right conditions. It was about to turn on him in my opinion when he shook it loose. I'll also go on record as saying lying is never the right thing to do for any reason, even lying to get your daughter out of trouble for breaking the law. It just shows he WILL tell a lie for something he feels is important......like guns for instance.

Anybody else would have been charged and paid the price rather than be allowed to walk. Edited by Randall53
  • Like 1

I disagree with the sentiment you are proposing for this guy.  As the others have said, it took minutes for him to get the dog off, what would have happened if the switch in that dog flipped on a baby wading in the water with its parents?  Would that be acceptable as long as he helped get the dog off, or not acceptable for the sole reason it was a child?

Dogs require responsible owners just like guns do.  

It wouldn't have mattered if it was baby because you are inferring that he was responsible for "control" of the dog.  We don't know who was in "control" of the dog before this happened, but boy is it nice to say it was him to fulfill our desire of him as the Devil.  The fact is, it wasn't a baby, so making up "what if" scenario's make you no better than the Dem's "what if" scenario's.  In either one a life could be lost, so which is worse, you making up what if's or them?  I realize no matter what I say that most in this forum hate him because he has a vastly different opinion about guns.  Again, I disagree with him on that, but I am not going to hang him on this.   It's easy to crucify someone when it fits your prerogative.  It's a lot harder to show empathy for someone you vehemently disagree with on a specific topic when I am sure he wouldn't have wanted this to happen anymore than you.  We can agree to disagree on this, that's ok.  I am not trying to convince anyone as you won't me, but I just have a different opinion on this specific issue.

He is responsible for the death, no matter what. If it had broke a lead, jumped a fence, even bit someone in his home he'd be accountable. Whether he tried to save his kids or not, he's the adult that owned the dog.

However, I think the cameraman is hilarious. When he was yelling, "bash his head in!" I thought it was myself talking out loud. Lol

I wonder why it took him so long to get over there? What was he doing? I guess he was " lost in space" and finally realized his dog was getting all True Blood on some innocent pair of living shoes. I do commend him for just walking away. He never even said a word, just stone colded it! Lol If it was me, I would have totally just GTFO of there. Then again, I'd like to believe, (like everybody), that I would not have let this happen to me!

Then the world would see three women attempting to remove a dead seal from a dogs mouth.  The dog clearly focused on its prey and causing no harm to the women is shot in the head by a random guy with a serious dislike for the dogs owner.  The focus goes from "Family pet eats seal"  to " Crazed maniac endangers hundreds with automatic beach clearing body vaporizing hand cannon".

I understand that the dog could have turned on the women at a moments notice.  I also understand that a larger seal or maybe even a shark could have come up and caused just as much harm to the women.  Yes, the dog should have been on a leash and under control, but in the absense of that the dog was just being a dog.  I hold more ill will toward the guy in the backgroup yelling "kill the f*&^%ing dog".

He is responsible for the death, no matter what. If it had broke a lead, jumped a fence, even bit someone in his home he'd be accountable. Whether he tried to save his kids or not, he's the adult that owned the dog.

Then again, I'd like to believe, (like everybody), that I would not have let this happen to me!

1. You are correct concerning the owners responsibility.

2. Correct again, because nobody on this forum has ever had a misfortunate event befall them.

Girl's bout a buck twenty, not likely she has the strength to hold a 65lb bully breed that's determined. Should've had a breakstick or ammonia ampules on the lead. Love those dogs but they're not for everyone especially those that won't educate themselves on handling & proper care. It's a wonder komifornia doesn't have bsl on the beach, that's a posh area.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
  • Authorized Vendor

He is a hypocrite that wants to infringe on your constitutional rights. 

Ban his dog, then sue the breeder out of existance and make him carry insurance and pass a background check before he gets another one.  The seal was an innocent bystander.  How many more seals have to die?

Dude.....you are sooo right on the money. :up: