Lee stuff works great; just less expensive than other brands.

You did well to buy a manual before you went out and bought a bunch of gear. You'll find a lot of good info in that book.

Do you have any particular questions?

Tell us where you are, and I'd bet there'll be someone here near you who'd help you get started.

Oh yeah....welcome to the forum.

If possible, find someone you know that reloads and get them to walk you through the basics. It will make what you are reading much more easy to understand. Barring that, or in addition to it, watch a bunch of YouTube videos of people reloading. This is just to better illustrate the process. Don't necessarily take anyone's word for what is right though. Always stick to published data.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum as well.  I've got the Lee "Kit", and used it to produce some very accurate ammo for one of my rifles, so it's possible/doable.  I just started the trip down the reloading rabbit hole this year as well.  Take it slow, read and read some more, and hook up with an experienced reloader if possible, or take a basic reloading class to get the general ideas needed to be safe.  And continue to ask questions for clarification when needed.  GL

• Like 1

Welcome. As others have said, try to find a buddy who reloads to give you a little hands on training. It's not too difficult once you get started. I prefer RCBS  reloading equipment due to their outstanding warranty and customer service, but the Lee is adequate and inexpensive.

Welcome to TGO, Lee user here as well but any brand will put out good ammo.  As been said, get with someone who reloads but confirm what they show you through the manual, other reloaders and some YouTube videos.  As for the equipment, my suggestion is one of the turret presses that are sold as kits.  It will give you most of what you need until you get to know the process and can decide what you "need" to upgrade.

• Like 1
On 11/24/2016 at 7:24 AM, Raoul said:

Welcome. As others have said, try to find a buddy who reloads to give you a little hands on training. It's not too difficult once you get started. I prefer RCBS  reloading equipment due to their outstanding warranty and customer service, but the Lee is adequate and inexpensive.

Can't argue with RCBS support. From what I have seen, they are second to none. Lee's support is also great.

On 11/26/2016 at 10:47 PM, deafdogdief said:

+1. My first read through as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey I just noticed that if you are an Amazon Prime member, this book is free in the Kindle library.  Not real handy to use while reloading, ,but easier to carry around and read on the go than the 800 page paperback. Plus you can see if you are really interested before laying down the cash to buy it.

• Like 2