We don't need no stinking plumber!

Sam1

I spent all day New Years Eve under my kitchen sink snaking the drain below the floor, replacing the old under sink drain, and installing a new disposal.  After watching that complete and total cluster, I feel much better about it now, thank you!

Looks like he learned the hard way that duct tape loses it adhesion once it's wet.

• Like 1

Apartment for rent, newly refurbished.  

Why didn't they just turn the water off at the main valve?  I saw the line about $150 water shut-off fee, but there's got to be a valve. That's one of the first things I look for in any new place... where's the main water valve?  And yeah, that's probably $20,000 in damage. 

I have never experienced plumbing problems before until about 10 years ago, my leak was no where like that, but I did learn how to turn off the water coming into my 1st house.  For my 2nd house, before I made the offer, I already knew where to turn the water off.  Just common sense to me. 

• Like 1

If the landlord didn't want to pay the fee, my tools wouldn't have come off the truck. Written estimate first.

Looks like the angle stops were bad. Otherwise none of that made sense. If it was the lines in the wall, the main water shut off was the only option. However a pair of shark bites and some pex would have fixed it all in about ten minutes.

However idiots like that make me lots of money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I discovered that here in Dandridge that it is illegal for me to turn my own water off at the meter at the road. Go figure. Not that that would stop me if I had a problem that I could not deal with by turning off the valve in my entry line. The water dept. has also started charging a .50 cent fee for line breakage insurance, citing that there are many seasonal homes that are not occupied year round and some have had water main breaks go undetected for a period of time and resulted in outrageous bills that the owner  did not feel responsible to pay.

Now, as for this plumber not wanting to pay the 150 shut off fee I think he better have good insurance to cover his mistake. It looks like a fairly big apartment complex so you just don't shut off the water to a bunch of apartments because you want to change a faucet.  Pretty funny anyway.