Honoring My Fellow Veterans On Veterans Day

Defender

USAF 1966-1970

Basic, Lackland AFB,

Navy See Bee School. Point Mugu/Port Hueneme California

Survival/ Combat Training, Field 2, Eglin AFB, Florida

Sent to Danang Vietnam July 1967- July 1968

Sewart AFB, in Smryna TN

Last 7 months at Berkstrom AFB, Austin TX.

Thanks for your service also! 

• Like 1

Great post Dave. Thanks

Edited to add; I had a cousin there on Omaha. Most decorated man of WWII in Kentucky. He had 9 purple hearts. Claude Jack Reed was his name. I spoke at his funeral a few years ago. His wife told me he never had a good nights sleep, after he came home, unless he was medicated which he refused. He would sleep a couple hours, get up, and listen to the radio, and drink coffee. He was a good man. 

I worked at the Post Office and a co worker, whos husband worked at the local VA Hosp, and for all intents and purposes was a draft dodger hiding in college rather than getting drafted, said all those patients were just drug attics and drunkards.  

It infuriated me. I turned around and told her she had no Idea what she was talking about. I told her she couldn't imagine the things some of these men seen, and done to mankind, and as a result the daemons floating in some of these men's heads as a result.  I told her not to judge them too harshly. 

Edited by pop pop
  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.