I need a nerd, say that with respect !!!

dpkdavis

Not sure this is the place but i just got took for 200.00 purchasing a law tactical adapter, i used paypal to google pay, I'm older and not that big on all the internet stuff, I know paypal is anti gun my problem is not with them, its not the money i just hate being a victim, all i have is a gmail email address to go off of its also his or hers google pay address, we have any nerds cops or both out them, you get all money recovered and i have a basement full of gun stuff and ammo to offer and no it wasnt this site, the adapter is still up for sale, i contacted them with a different email address and they agreed to sell it to me i offered to meet or mail a money order but no it had to be google pay, contact me here, thanks 

Being gmail, its almost certainly untraceable.  The google account is probably tied to a burner phone, the money disappears as fast as its transferred.  Google pay and related online services are fast becoming the internet equivalent to the old Western Union wire transfers, the preferred method of scammers.  While I'm sympathetic to your plight, the very nature of these accounts makes them virtually impossible to track ...

It might just be a mistake on my part, but I use PayPal on every online/internet purchase I can.

I've had to dispute only one purchase in about 5/6 years, and PayPal was right in there with me on it.

Now that might bite me in the "Buetoocks" at some point, but good so far.

As you say though, PayPal is restrictive on firearms and some related items, but had no problems with them yet. Wait...I did get a refusal when I tried to pay for a GunBroker purchase when I first started using it.

Amazon's Chase Card also dislikes firearms and other items, but I use mine all the time for my FFL dealings. No refusals yet.

• Like 1

Dont take this as prying, but you should provide the info about the website / forum and seller so folks here know. If it is a forum, they will have mechanisms to at least pull it and ban the user outside feedback.

Sorry you got taken. I've been lucky over the years, but for the most part only work with various forum users with history. The only time I've been ripped of was by a retailer who also operated an online store called Desert Warrior Products owned by a thief named Gregory Carr. He had the best prices on Sage EBR stocks at that time (6to 7 years ago), and was known to be slow with reports of 3 to 6 months. Not uncommon as Sage stocks were not alwasy easy to get then. Turns out he did the rob Peter to pay Paul kind of thing as he was cash basis with most vendors. When I told him I was contacting my credit card company he sent me about $200 of product on an @1100 order. never got the stock, too long for my credit company to dispute. $900 poof.   

I now check any retailer out thoroughly and avoid any that dont have spotless current forum mentions saying good to go.