Ramjo

Trying To Find My Grandads Rifle

I was pretty sure there was a website dedicated to this, but I have not been able to located it online for some reason. I have his Marine corps shooter log with the rifle serial number and would like to pursue it further to see if it can be located.

That's great you want to get that piece of family history.  http://usriflecal30m1.com

has some database tracking, but its centered on the M1 Garand. You looking for a 1903 or M1? Of course, stranger things, you could put some details here, you never know...

Contact CMP all of them went through there,they should be able to tell you if it was sold or still at CMP.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Will said:

Contact CMP all of them went through there,they should be able to tell you if it was sold or still at CMP.

CMP is definitely the place to start, especially their forum where this question will probably get much more traction, but not all of them went through the CMP and it’s predecessor DCM.

• Like 1

Yes, by all means go to the CMP Forum and join up (no cost).  Then once approved, post your "trying to find M1 serial number" message.  If any of us members have it, you will soon know.

Good Luck!!