Jump to content
Ramjo

Bought an MG42 Parts Kit

Recommended Posts

Thought I’d give this a try. I’m not sure whether I want to make it semi auto capable or just have a display or dummy gun. 
Has anyone else on here built one of these or done similar work? 

5F4496FA-FF71-492D-A38C-1C3269F23184.jpeg

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You need to talk to the resident gun machinist around here EDIT:  XTRIGGERMAN....he is the king of cool Frankensteins and putting together stuff the ATF torched in half.

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
xtriggerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ramjo said:

Thought I’d give this a try. I’m not sure whether I want to make it semi auto capable or just have a display or dummy gun. 
Has anyone else on here built one of these or done similar work? 

5F4496FA-FF71-492D-A38C-1C3269F23184.jpeg

Hey man, you got the time?:bowrofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen a build on ARfrom in the GD section, maybe search for it, it was a cool FA build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can't shoot it, what's the point?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2020 at 8:39 AM, peejman said:

If you can't shoot it, what's the point?

For me, especially with these SMG and LMGs that is something that doesn't really bother me much. I like having my own personal museum that I can go and pick something up and fondle it, just to own it is exciting for me! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ramjo said:

For me, especially with these SMG and LMGs that is something that doesn't really bother me much. I like having my own personal museum that I can go and pick something up and fondle it, just to own it is exciting for me! 

It's all good, I like unique stuff too. Unfortunately I do a lot more fondling than shooting these days. But it sure would be cool to send a few 8mm downrange with one of those. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The MG42 is a pretty cool piece. In the build, at least theres no piston arrangement to deal with. Im not familiar with building any of those. I took the easy way out and did an RPD / semi DSA rec. with a number of my own mods. Best thing to do is read everything here at the Guild on them if you haven't all ready.

http://www.weaponsguild.com/forum/index.php?board=25.0

If it wasn't for the crematory, I'd have then put this in the box with me... :) LOL

2RleykIl.jpg

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, xtriggerman said:

The MG42 is a pretty cool piece. In the build, at least theres no piston arrangement to deal with. Im not familiar with building any of those. I took the easy way out and did an RPD / semi DSA rec. with a number of my own mods. Best thing to do is read everything here at the Guild on them if you haven't all ready.

http://www.weaponsguild.com/forum/index.php?board=25.0

If it wasn't for the crematory, I'd have then put this in the box with me... :) LOL

2RleykIl.jpg

What kind of links are you using or is that a link belt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The links are OEM RPD link belts. They are direct descendants in design of the MG42 belts. In this case I modified the 100 round drum hook up to take M249 saw nut bags as you see it. They comfortably hold 75 rds of 7.62x39. The drums are super clanky with the belted rounds in them and worse with some of the 100 belt hanging out of the gun. The saw bags are whisper quiet no matter how much belt is left in there.  Here I welded new rails to accept the clip in saw bags. Way better on/off than of the original drum hook up.

Gnkhnhll.jpg

 

lDBdnw2l.jpg

ZGifVicl.jpg

Edited by xtriggerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a friend that has an MG42. I hope to shoot some day. The closest thing I’ve got to fire was a Bren.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines