Glock Store

bobsguns

9 hours ago, Johnny Rotten said:

Do you know the secret handshake?

Nope.  😆

Don't own a single Glock nor plan to. I'm strictly a H&K and FN guys all the way. But I do have a buddy or three who are Glock guys & thought I'd pass the info along. 

My curiosity is: do they have more options than the Glock accessory guys do at the gun shows? Do they sell a variety of aftermarket triggers, for example? Barrels?

7 hours ago, pop pop said:

Just purchased a new in box model 19 gen 5 9MM from Outpost Armory and paid 460.00 plus tax and $10 background check. Got a deal because I am a veteran. Had to show my DD 214. Saved me a bunch. Get-ch-ye-some!   

Coulda got a VP9 instead....................   😉

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

Let's see: 100% better trigger, better accuracy, better ergos. Not quite sure how you arrive at "settling" with those improvements?

My reply was in fun, but you seem to have taken it seriously.  So, I'll play along.  🙂

All of those are subjective, even your belief that it is more accurate.  I've owned several VP9s.  They did nothing that the Glock 19 doesn't do.  Both are likely capable of being more accurate than you are capable of being with them.  The only thing the VP9 excels at is costing more money and, up until recently, being a 15rd gun in a 17rd form factor.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, TGO David said:

My reply was in fun, but you seem to have taken it seriously.  So, I'll play along.  🙂

All of those are subjective, even your belief that it is more accurate.  I've owned several VP9s.  They did nothing that the Glock 19 doesn't do.  Both are likely capable of being more accurate than you are capable of being with them.  The only thing the VP9 excels at is costing more money and, up until recently, being a 15rd gun in a 17rd form factor.

You remember when MAC tested the VP9 and it stopped working when it got wet?  Pepperidge Farm remembers. 

• Like 3
  • Administrator
52 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

You remember when MAC tested the VP9 and it stopped working when it got wet?  Pepperidge Farm remembers. 

Yep.  To be fair to the VP9, that problem can be resolved by installing an aftermarket slide end-plate that does away with the striker indicator hole.  Also to be fair to the VP9, the Glock striker can hydrolock too, but it takes a lot more to make it happen.  Glock developed the Maritime Spring Cups to mitigate it.

I always liked my VP9s but came to the conclusion that they did nothing my Glock 19 or M&P 9 couldn't do just as well for a lot less money.

Owning it because you like Heckler & Koch is a fine reason, though.  I own a lot of stupid crap that costs more money than capable counterparts, just because I like whatever the thing is.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 5
  • Administrator
56 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

Also, didn't MAC throw his against the tree after that?  😄  I need to go watch that video again.  It's been a long time since I last saw it.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Yep.  To be fair to the VP9, that problem can be resolved by installing an aftermarket slide end-plate that does away with the striker indicator hole.  Also to be fair to the VP9, the Glock striker can hydrolock too, but it takes a lot more to make it happen.  Glock developed the Maritime Spring Cups to mitigate it.

I always liked my VP9s but came to the conclusion that they did nothing my Glock 19 or M&P 9 couldn't do just as well for a lot less money.

Owning it because you like Heckler & Koch is a fine reason, though.  I own a lot of stupid crap that costs more money than capable counterparts, just because I like whatever the thing is.  🤷‍♂️

"Because I wanted it" is my favorite reason to buy something.  I don't really care about other people's opinion at that point.  I made up my mind and I'm good with my choice.  

But I didn't waive the right to tease folks about their stuff or to be teased about my stuff.   At least in friendly discourse.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

"Because I wanted it" is my favorite reason to buy something.  I don't really care about other people's opinion at that point.  I made up my mind and I'm good with my choice.  

But I didn't waive the right to tease folks about their stuff or to be teased about my stuff.   At least in friendly discourse.   

That's me, to a T.  🙂

• Like 3
21 hours ago, TGO David said:

Not terribly seriously, I assure you. 😉

19's are selling on GB for $539 in their base design. VP9's are $679 or so but do have the 17rd mags that are flush fit. 

But honest Injun, I've had Glock owners take my H&K's for their very first time & shoot smaller groups than they could with their own personal Glock. 

The VP9 trigger is much, much better than the Glock design as well. Even Glock owners tell me that. 

While their triggers aren't necessarily better than Glock's, the FN striker guns are much more accurate as well. 

For the record, I've owned about a 1/2 dozen Glocks in my lifetime. None were 17's or 19's, oddly enough. I've sold every single one of them sooner or later. 

H&K poor.jpg

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, TGO David said:

So you're saying you couldn't get more accuracy out of your VP9 over the Glock or S&W? That's incredibly surprising. 

I've found the M&P series to be struggling to reach mediocrity when compared to the other major brands. Even the newcomers like Canik are leapfrogging the M&P line, IMO. 

20 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

Well said!

Although I do take into account other shooter's opinions before I buy something so I don't waste my $$$. I've dodged buying several pigs that way over the years.