My Kahr=crap

nolo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree about the tolerances of the gun needing to be excessively tight, but I also say that is a bad thing. If dirt, gunk etc gets in there and messes with those tolerances, you are looking at a less reliable gun, period. <etc>

Well, I agree to a certain extent.

The trade off with Kahrs, especially the PM series, is to get the incredibly compact size in 9mm, .40, and .45, there must be less "slop" (tech term). And yes, they must be kept cleaned and lubed.

I've often said that a Kahr is not for a gun slob or a new shooter that isn't going to be fairly religious about firearm maintenance.

There's no reason why a Kahr won't do 10,000 rounds or better before springs or something or other need to be changed out (and any number do), but it's not a Glock or XD that will generally reliably function regardless of neglect. It is not a "combat" or even "duty" firearm.

- OS

I think Kahr will make things right and personally would trust the gun more after a thorough factory inspection and repair. My understanding is they have great customer service.

The big question is what are you going to get for your troubles? I hope at least an extra magazine (or two). Breaking in a CW40 is not cheap, nor will it be again.

If you or anyone else needs Kahr mags, here's where I got a spare for my CW9. Best price I could find. http://www.ivanhoeoutlet.com/shop/index.php?action=category&id=13&subid=36

Guest HVAC Worker

Nolo,I own 2 Kahr CW 45s and love them.If you feel the need to sell yours contact me .The gunshop that sold you yours ought to exchange out weapons,you spent the money for the weapon and it didnt work.Time for a refund or exchange.Where did you get it from?

I bought a Kahr P9 a year or so ago. The ejector blew out of it on round 17. The shop I bought it from gave me a choice. Refund or factory repair. I chose repair. They sent it back. When I got it back in about 4 weeks, it had a new set of Night Sights and the feed ramp was polished. Everything was very smooth. It has performed flawlessly since. I think this was the best thing that could happen. My personal pistol professional worked by the factory armorers.

I worked on a gun today that blew the extractor, extractor pin, and spring on the 2nd round.

PITA to fix, but pretty simple once we found a diagram. Apparently it's a common issue with the CW series pistols.

But the warranty and exchange program they have is top notch.

I'm not going to drag the shop through the mud over this. I am sure that when I get it back they will work with me if something is wrong. They are going to cover shipping to Kahr. I've bought several guns from them and will buy more in the future. They gave me a more than fair price for my trade in (more than I paid for it). It actually makes it worse knowing that I traded a perfectly functioning S&W 642 for a POS.

Guest eyebedam
I'm not going to drag the shop through the mud over this. I am sure that when I get it back they will work with me if something is wrong. They are going to cover shipping to Kahr. I've bought several guns from them and will buy more in the future. They gave me a more than fair price for my trade in (more than I paid for it). It actually makes it worse knowing that I traded a perfectly functioning S&W 642 for a POS.

Its not dragging them through the mud. They should swap the gun for a new 1 & handle the issue with khar. If you only had it 2 days it's the right thing to do. Why even start this thread to begin with if you won't let the rest know who not to deal with?

Guest TNTgill

I sure hope they make it right. I recently acquired a P40 covert and haven't had time to shoot it yet but if something is wrong it will be nice to know that Kahr makes everything right. On a side note I might not even shoot the thing. I really want the PM9 and might try to replace the P40 this weekend at the show in knoxville.

one would think that if you paid the high price for a kahr it would work right out of the box like a glock. no 200 plus rounds break in,, just work.

I agree. I paid just as much for the Kahr as I did for my last glock, which was bought at a discount. I expected the same quality.

I just bought a new CW40. I was putting the recommended 200 rounds through it and it started malfunctioning around number 150. It was not loading the next round. It would not chamber the first round when I put the magazine in. The slide stop got bent during the firing and now the slide is just locked and won't move. The slide started to shave polymer off the front right slide rail too. It's on its way back to Kahr now. Think they will replace it with a new one or at least a factory refurbished one?

It's a shame because half way through the shooting I liked the gun as well as my Glocks. That's the last Kahr I will ever buy!

It has been my experience that the 40's from Kahr have a 40%+ failure rate from what I've seen. We've even done our best to stop carrying the guns chambered in 40 because they are so problematic. Now, the 9's and 45's seem pretty solid, but I dont think they ever quite worked the kinks out of the 40.

Guest abailey362

i have had no issues out of my 40. the only hiccup i've had at all was the slide not going forward on a fresh mag, but that was fixed when I stopped riding it down (user error once again)

Guest TennFarmer

I was looking at buying the CW40, I need the small frame gun. I hope they make it right for you. Just curious, what is the best price you all have seen on one. Cheapest I've seen was $449 + tax+ background

I was looking at buying the CW40, I need the small frame gun. I hope they make it right for you. Just curious, what is the best price you all have seen on one. Cheapest I've seen was $449 + tax+ background

Might not do much better...Bud's online was $403-414 + shipping + FFL, and will probably be more when they get them back in stock.

- OS

Guest Grout

I had one several years ago.It would not even chamber hollow point ammo.Maybe if you complain loud enough they will offer you a membership to the Moonie church,complete with a free wife.;)

• 3 weeks later...

I called Kahr today and they haven't looked at my gun yet. They are estimating another 4 weeks. That's some bull****. I'm going to call them twice a week for the next 4 weeks until I get it back.

I called Kahr today and they haven't looked at my gun yet. They are estimating another 4 weeks. That's some bull****. I'm going to call them twice a week for the next 4 weeks until I get it back.

You must not want your gun fixed, huh?

-Jason G