Shotgun barrel shorting

A lot more expensive than buying a shorter shotgun, if it's done properly. 

Threading for chokes is the hard part & there aren't many people will do it. If you leave it as a completely open, cylinder choke, it'll basically be useless. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Sleep profit said:

I have a 30 inch shotgun I am thinking about  cutting it down to 22 inch’s and put a new sight on  anyone know what  this should cost never had this done thanks 

What brand shotgun is it?

7 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Made a lot of shotguns.  Do you have a specific model?  Just buy a new barrel.

Yes a Remington special purpose mag 870 . I was hoping cutting it down was going to be a cheaper option.  but now I am thinking new barrel  I bought it used and rough to make a house gun  new barrel will be nicer than gun 

36 minutes ago, Sleep profit said:

Yes a Remington special purpose mag 870 . I was hoping cutting it down was going to be a cheaper option.  but now I am thinking new barrel  I bought it used and rough to make a house gun  new barrel will be nicer than gun 

Honestly, with all the time involved in figuring out who to chop it without  jacking it up, and waiting for who knows how long, finding a replacement may be the way to go.  There’s no shortage of used barrels out there.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Honestly, with all the time involved in figuring out who to chop it without  jacking it up, and waiting for who knows how long, finding a replacement may be the way to go.  There’s no shortage of used barrels out there.

Thanks I will look Saturday at show. Thanks again 

1 hour ago, Sleep profit said:

I bought it used and rough to make a house gun

Goodness, Use some wide tape to get a straight line, Cut it with a hack saw. File the rough edges, Some cold blue and you can have it done in less than 15 mins!

• Like 2

Use a pipe cutter and tighten very,very slowly. Brownells has sight kits. Just take your time. Pm me and I can explain how to get exact measurements on barrel to keep you legal. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 7/13/2022 at 1:34 AM, NGraham said:

I want a rifled shockwave for maximum spread

Rob is 1000% correct here. 

4 hours ago, Handsome Rob said:

No..... no you don't. 

No the eff you don’t. 

The only things to be gained here are negatives. And even the things you think are positives are more terrible than you know. 

31 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Rob is 1000% correct here. 

No the eff you don’t. 

The only things to be gained here are negatives. And even the things you think are positives are more terrible than you know. 

Please elaborate