Dollar sign placement

Maybe this is my age showing, but what's up with people typing "100$" with the dollar sign at the end? This has gotten pretty rampant over the last year or so. Maybe it's when they're being conversational and trying to say it like "100 dollars" (which should still be $100.

I can't be the only person that finds this annoying, right?

• Like 4

I don't know, I typed it like that the other day by mistake, I fixed it because it looked goofy. Wouldn't it be nice if things were so simple...

2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Well, the dollar sign goes before the number in print, but after the number in speech. Whoever invented the English language was a pekkerhead!

I teach an ESL class at church on Monday nights. I find myself apologizing for all the stupid things we do in the English language every week.

You should see the look on their face when I try to explain the differences in a list of words like: bot, bought, bough, bow, beau or try to explain the rules for carry/carried/carries vs play/played/plays.

• Like 2

Everything your seeing about the dollar probably has something to do with July 23/23 when Biden does away with paper money and minted coins and moves everything over to the digit dollar and the government takes over every ones bank accounts. It gives your bank the power to close and lock your bank accounts https://now.tufts.edu/2022/11/18/digital-dollar-coming-soon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.