Sig Sauer P365 AXG Legion Announced

Defender

5 hours ago, Whisper said:

Yep, looks like it.  Nice idea, for those lovers of the Macro.  I prefer the XL myself, but more options are usually a good thing.

Cheers,

Whisper

I  just dont know if I need another 365.  I'm happy with my Spectre Macro so far.  But of course I immediately liked it and wanted it, lol.

On 10/31/2023 at 12:47 PM, JustEd said:

Would prefer the barrel go out to the end of the slide (do away with comp).  If it the gun is going to be that big, make good use of the size...imo

They are making use of the size by mitigating recoil with the comp, trading the velocity of the barrel length for the quicker follow up with the comp. No idea if the comp integrated in the slide is as effective as a barrel mounted comp, but that is the intent I guess.

• Like 1

Yeah, not going to make any claims on that type of comp.  Somebody online said they didn't think it was very effective...BUT...that is online.

I will say that it is probably easier to clean .  Might cycle better than the traditional ported barrel designs.  Those seem to gunk up really quickly....in MY experience.

• Administrator
14 hours ago, JustEd said:

Yeah, not going to make any claims on that type of comp.  Somebody online said they didn't think it was very effective...BUT...that is online.

I will say that it is probably easier to clean .  Might cycle better than the traditional ported barrel designs.  Those seem to gunk up really quickly....in MY experience.

The comp is the same one they use on the Macro and on the Spectre Comp XL.  It works fine.  It's not as effective as a comp from someone like Parker Mountain Machine, but it works better than no comp at all.

• Like 1

Not to dull the OP's enthusiasm, I look at the P365 only as a edc firearm.  If interested in something for sport shooting, get a different gun, p320 for example.  I don't feel a comp is as important on a carry gun as is pistols conceal-ability.   And if one is comfortable with the larger profile, go for barrel length.  The comp does not make sense to me as don't foresee ripping 12-13 rounds at a attacker.  I do worry that any expanding bullet has enough velocity to do so reliably, particularly through heavy clothing.

So now that I have stated my opinion, let me don my fire retardant PJ's.  😄

On 11/5/2023 at 12:13 PM, JustEd said:

Not to dull the OP's enthusiasm, I look at the P365 only as a edc firearm.  If interested in something for sport shooting, get a different gun, p320 for example.  I don't feel a comp is as important on a carry gun as is pistols conceal-ability.   And if one is comfortable with the larger profile, go for barrel length.  The comp does not make sense to me as don't foresee ripping 12-13 rounds at a attacker.  I do worry that any expanding bullet has enough velocity to do so reliably, particularly through heavy clothing.

So now that I have stated my opinion, let me don my fire retardant PJ's.  😄

Get the best of both worlds and get a 365XL and a parker mountain machine comp/barrel and slap a regular 365 grip module on there.  Get the benefit of velocity and the comp while also getting the concealability of the smaller grip length.  Throw in some 15/17rd mags and you get "full size" gun for a duty/training class rig that is very similar to your EDC gun. 

• Like 2

Respect your point of vie.  To me, a longer barrel with comp is not as concealable as the original P365.  My OPINION is either go EDC sized, or with a larger practice/comp gun.  Some may accept the compromise thinking it makes them more capable.

My first and best trainer was a State Dept contractor ...yes they use those.  He was German and had up close and personal personal security experience.  He taught me much in four days of one on one training.  The points which stand out the most are:

1). "if you ever use your weapon, it will be up close, brutal and VERY FAST. 

2). I can still hear him yelling...."Move...get off the dime...EDVARD, learn to run if you move that slow."

If you want to spend more money, get some serious training...including empty handed drills...and for heck sake get a good holster.

END of RANT. 🤣

Edit  changed Secret Service to State Dept  my bad

Edited by JustEd
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2023 at 11:28 AM, FrankD said:

Get the best of both worlds and get a 365XL and a parker mountain machine comp/barrel and slap a regular 365 grip module on there.  Get the benefit of velocity and the comp while also getting the concealability of the smaller grip length.  Throw in some 15/17rd mags and you get "full size" gun for a duty/training class rig that is very similar to your EDC gun. 

I have an XL and considering going this route.  How does your comp impact the muzzle rise and the follow up shots?

12 hours ago, CyFi said:

I have an XL and considering going this route.  How does your comp impact the muzzle rise and the follow up shots?

I think it is an improvement, I would NOT say it turn the gun into a recoil-less wonder pistol but it is an improvement.  PMM's marketing material shows 20-30% improvement which seems lofty

• Like 1

So torn between the XL and the Macro, comp no comp. My biggest concern with the Macro is concealablitly. Any challenge vsl the XL? 

The new Legion version is tempting. I much prefer all metal guns even with the added weight. 

1st world problems... 

Edited by 22lr
On 10/31/2023 at 5:50 AM, Whisper said:

Yep, looks like it.  Nice idea, for those lovers of the Macro.  I prefer the XL myself, but more options are usually a good thing.

Cheers,

Whisper

I run the XL and loving it but was tempted to switch to the macro.  Why do you prefer the XL over the macro?

19 hours ago, CyFi said:

I run the XL and loving it but was tempted to switch to the macro.  Why do you prefer the XL over the macro?

The XL and the Macro have the same barrel length and handle pretty much the same, but you're going to get less velocity from bullets thanks to the "compensator" on the Macro.  The P365 is already a little gun; I don't want any features that will slows the bullets down even more.  🙂

Cheers,

Whisper

• Like 1

My best set of golf clubs took me many years, too many rounds and way too much money to finally get what was best. (For me) I own guns that have never had a part replaced or a gunsmith’s touch that are marvelous shooters and great EDC. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve also got some guns that I’ve spent a small fortune to get them to shoot like I want but it just ain't happening.  In short, shoot what you shoot best, carry well and it doesn’t matter if it’s a big box store special or the meanest, tactical military grade, updated and approved one to be found. And by all means spend every dang dollar you can doing it. 

5 hours ago, Whisper said:

The XL and the Macro have the same barrel length and handle pretty much the same, but you're going to get less velocity from bullets thanks to the "compensator" on the Macro.  The P365 is already a little gun; I don't want any features that will slows the bullets down even more.  🙂

Cheers,

Whisper

Hard to argue with that logic 🤓 thanks for the insights 🤫 

On 11/7/2023 at 3:04 PM, JustEd said:

If you want to spend more money, get some serious training...including empty handed drills...

You'll wreck the firearm economy with that crazy talk, everyone knows new and better equipment result in better shooters and self defense practitioners.

That's probably why most trainers are hundredaires.

• Haha 1