The Great #$&!-My-Life Firearms Sell Off!

Ladies and Gentlemen!! Hear ye, hear ye… 2023 is kicking my butt. At first, I was selling off items from my collection because of the annoyance of some medical bills from a broken leg, surgery, and PT... and twin girls getting braces this coming Spring.  BUT LAST FRIDAY... a drunk/drugged driver - unlicensed and uninsured - came across 4 lanes of highway and hit me head-on.  I am fine, all of the safety systems in the car worked, airbags deployed, the car crumpled and took most of the energy. Amazingly, I was not hurt - chalk up 1 for the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L I was driving. But I suspect my car is a total loss, and now I am going to have to replace that once my insurance company gets around to their determination. I am not looking for your sympathy… no… I am looking for your money. LOL. But NOT charity! The charity is coming from my end on where I am with some of this stuff.

I have had these listed individually, but I figured why not throw up a comprehensive list. I reduced the price on several of these previously, and have dropped more now. This is bottom-out pricing, I have no more blood left to give.  I cannot accept trades of any kind (unless you own a car dealership and want to talk about this as a down payment on a new SUV or truck. LOL).  I am borrowing a car at the moment - I do not have the ability to travel outside of Knoxville.

Check back on this list…  I may add to this as I contemplate what I can live without, or need to add.

RIFLES

Briefcase Breakdown AR Rifle - Remember in the movie Pulp Fiction where every time someone opens the briefcase, the light shines up in their face?  It's kind of like that when you open it...  Breakdown AR Rifle with TWO barrels, 5.56 and 300 Black-Out. Carbon Fiber handguard, very lightweight. Breaks down into the briefcase as pictured below. $2800.

Mosin Nagant M91/30 – 7.62x54R – Nice Mosin with beautiful dark reddish stain PLUS a 440 round spam cam of 7.62x54R ammo.  I will even throw in a can opener with it, because I am such a swell guy. $800

Winchester Model 94 AE Lever Action Rifle with scope, chambered in .307 Win. Beautiful checkered walnut stock. The research I did puts the serial number at around 1988-1990 production. Simms Pro Hunter 2-7x32 scope mounted.  Will include 40 rounds of mixed ammo with it. $1400.  Look up sales of this rifle on Gunbroker or anywhere else.  This is a steal, and a heart breaker, as this is a really nice rifle my father left for me.  I just don't get time to hunt.

**** I have an additional 18 boxes of Winchester .307 Win ammo, 1 box of 150 gr, 17 boxes of 180 gr. I will give the buyer of the rifle first option to buy some or all of it.  Then I will open it up to an open sale if they don't take it.

HANDGUNS

Sig Sauer P220 Elite Platinum - .45 ACP. From the Sig custom shop, this is the Platinum Elite model with  aluminum grips, adjustable rear sight, night sights, two-tone frame and slide, 2 magazines - I bought as a collector piece, I have never fired it. $1300

Springfield Defender 1911 - .45 ACP.  This is a cool piece.  This is a commander sized 1911 that was modified as a race gun by one of the gunsmiths at Guncraft when they were in Knoxville in the 90s.  Adjustable rear sight, Chip McCormack internals, compensator, extended slide bolt, trigger work, 4 magazines. Shoots like butter. $800

Ruger Super Blackhawk - Magnaport Customs "Predator"- .44 Magnum, 4 5/8" barrel, stainless.  This model has compensator ports cut into the top of the barrel, a crowned barrel, adjustable rear sight, high-vis front sight, velvet hone finish. $1300

ACCESSORIES/PARTS – Can ship for actual cost of shipping.

Meprolight Tru-Dot Tritium Night Sights for Glock 9mm, 40sw, 357 sig & 45 GAP pistols.  Green front/Green rear. $80

Truglo Brite Site Tritium/Fiber Optic Night Sights for Glock 9mm, 40sw, 357 sig & 45 GAP pistols. Green front/Green rear. $100

1911 Custom Wood Grips. 1 set in Bubinga wood (lighter color, African Rosewood), 1 set in Wenge wood (darker, native to Africa and Guinea).  I had a friend who hand-made these in Knoxville and was selling them in local gun shops back in the 90s.  Beautiful work.  $70 per set.

20231204_175814.jpg

Spr Def 1.jpg

Rug BlackHwk1.jpg

Sig 220 Plat.jpg

20231209_135040.jpg

20231209_134850.jpg

Edited by BerettaBri
Updates
  • Like 5
  • Wow 2
  • Moderators

⚠️ Safety Reminder for Buyers and Sellers ⚠️

This is an automatic reply meant to protect you as a buyer and a seller on TGO.

• Use the Buyer/Seller Feedback feature to research who you are dealing with.   Please come back and leave feedback for each other after the transaction is complete.  Your experience will help others.

• Never agree to use an electronic form of payment to buy or sell a gun!  None of the electronic payment services will protect you against fraud in a firearms transaction.  They all have terms of service FORBIDDING the use of their services to buy/sell guns.  DON'T DO IT.

• Be very wary of anyone who insists on brokering a deal in private or outside of TGO.  Scammers almost always prefer to operate out of the public eye.

The complete Trading Post Rules and also some more helpful suggestions can be found by clicking this link.  Everyone should read them at least once!

~~~ This was an automatic reply ~~~

16 minutes ago, molov said:

Sorry to hear about your accident but happy to hear you are doing ok. If I end up swinging through Knoxville then I'll let you know. I have my eye on a couple of your pieces but I rarely go through that side of TN. GLWS!

Thank you, Molov.  If I can get enough stuff together and organized with anyone else who wants anything, I would work up a meet between Knoxville and Nashville early one day on the weekend. Maybe around Cookeville on I-40. If anyone wants to try for that, PM me and we can see what a collective of us might be able to arrange!  

15 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

Glad you are OK. And everyone wonders why insurance rates just keep climbing and climbing. I have no sympathy for people in this situation. Sad part is they'll be back on road not giving a flip and nothing will happen to them until they kill someone. 

That is the truth.  What is crazy is, this is the second time THIS YEAR I have been hit by a criminal with a revoked license and no insurance.  Back in March, a woman threw her car into reverse and hit the front end of my Camaro.  She was high - I got a picture of the big bong in her front seat.  She fled when she got wind that the police were called - turns out she was on parole, and then got picked up not only for the crash scene, but also got caught stealing from her employer. 

• Wow 1
20 hours ago, BerettaBri said:

That is the truth.  What is crazy is, this is the second time THIS YEAR I have been hit by a criminal with a revoked license and no insurance.  Back in March, a woman threw her car into reverse and hit the front end of my Camaro.  She was high - I got a picture of the big bong in her front seat.  She fled when she got wind that the police were called - turns out she was on parole, and then got picked up not only for the crash scene, but also got caught stealing from her employer. 

This was me back in 2017. F150 nearly totaled by a guy trying to make the interstate split, hit the median, and flew right into us. Wife was side swiped on 440 and the car that hit her fled. The cherry was me totaling my 2016 cbr1000rr (with less than 1000 miles on it) after some strung out lady in her busted car turned left and failed to yield to me. I almost went under her rear tire and she still drove off. All that within 6 months. Stay safe, sir!

4 hours ago, molov said:

This was me back in 2017. F150 nearly totaled by a guy trying to make the interstate split, hit the median, and flew right into us. Wife was side swiped on 440 and the car that hit her fled. The cherry was me totaling my 2016 cbr1000rr (with less than 1000 miles on it) after some strung out lady in her busted car turned left and failed to yield to me. I almost went under her rear tire and she still drove off. All that within 6 months. Stay safe, sir!

It really is absurd.  We have a state law that says you have to have a minimum of Liability Insurance coverage to drive a car - Yet it goes unchecked.  We walk into a County Clerks office, pay for a new sticker, nothing is qualified for you to get it.  It is illegal to operate a vehicle without a license.  It doesn't seem to get enforcement other than a "hand in the cookie jar" fine if a person is pulled over and cannot produce their license.  On the hit-and-run I went through earlier this year, I received a summons from the Knox County court to appear and make any claims for restitution when her court date came up.  The problem I had at the time was that my car had not even been to the collision center yet.  So I didn't even know what I didn't know at the time I needed to make a claim for restitution. I didn't miss work, I wasn't injured, my insurance was paying for the car repairs under my uninsured motorist clause.  All I could ask for was my $200 deductible.  

3 hours ago, RED333 said:

What magazines does it use? They can be configured to use different makes.

The CX 4 storm uses the same magazine as the PX4 storm pistols.  It will NOT use the . 40 mag that goes in the 96FS models.  I don't know why Beretta went and messed around with a magazine system that had worked perfectly for soany years. 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Update - thanks to anyone her who bought something from me and others who gave well wishes and motivational support!  I got set up with a vehicle at the end of December, after much confusion at the insurance company where the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing for completing my claim settlement.  I was able to raise enough cash through my "fire sale" plus my settlement to purchase a nice used truck.  I still have the items listed above for sale.  I figure I have already separated myself from them, so I will continue with selling those off to now get in front of my kids' braces this Spring. LOL

• Like 1