TISAS PARTNERS WITH CMP

Gurn

Interesting! Of course SDS is headquartered in Knoxville. I own one their U.S. Army 1911a1s. I found it to be every bit as reliable as the ones I shot in the Army and more accurate.

I'm a bit surprised here. CMP has mostly dealt in genuine U.S. military surplus arms. I've never heard of them offering any commercial firearms except maybe a few .22 Target Rifles. 

I've always heard good things about Tisas. But then again, they just issued a massive recall on many of their 1911 pistols for a safety issue.  The jury is still out for me.  🙄

Gotta admit its a good price. But I wonder what kind of hoops you'll need to jump through to get one? They caught my attention, but I'll wait and see. 

5 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I'm a bit surprised here. CMP has mostly dealt in genuine U.S. military surplus arms. I've never heard of them offering any commercial firearms except maybe a few .22 Target Rifles. 

I've always heard good things about Tisas. But then again, they just issued a massive recall on many of their 1911 pistols for a safety issue.  The jury is still out for me.  🙄

Gotta admit its a good price. But I wonder what kind of hoops you'll need to jump through to get one? They caught my attention, but I'll wait and see. 

The recall is for specific models and skews. You can see it here. 

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2024/02/01/safety-recall-tisas-1911-pistols/

15 minutes ago, Gurn said:

I showed this to a friend of mine and he said it’s for the cheapskates that want a CMP 1911 but don’t want to pony up the dough for a real one. 😂

Honestly, he’s probably right. But this puts money in CMP’s pockets. I’d bet more money, they probably need that money. No one here really believes the current administration in the White House and the Defense Department is a friend of the CMP. My guess is they’d love to see the CMP go away.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
34 minutes ago, Choatecav said:

I don’t know if they’re saying what I am hearing when they call it that. To me, calling a gun “museum grade“ would infer, that while it’s great to look at, you probably shouldn’t shoot it.

• Like 1

As near as I can tell, these will be sold through regular FFLs and not CMP. So its just a copy of the issue 1911A1. Ok, lots of companies make a basic 1911 copy. What's the big deal? 

It even marked “United States Property M1911A1 U.S. Army”. That makes me wonder if some nefarious people will buy these, do some minor reworking and try to pass them off as originals. 

Frankly, I think its a lot of hoopla over nothing. I won't be buying one.  🙄

10 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

As near as I can tell, these will be sold through regular FFLs and not CMP. So its just a copy of the issue 1911A1. Ok, lots of companies make a basic 1911 copy. What's the big deal? 

It even marked “United States Property M1911A1 U.S. Army”. That makes me wonder if some nefarious people will buy these, do some minor reworking and try to pass them off as originals. 

Frankly, I think its a lot of hoopla over nothing. I won't be buying one.  🙄

That is a concern especially if it’s marketed in a familiar CMP hard case.