dsc00547z.jpg

My CMMG upper finally came in :D

CMMG complete m4 upper 16"

Tactical Innovations lower with DPMS parts kit

Magpul MOE front hand guard

Midwest Industries rear flip up sight

DPMS Pardus Stock

Government issue mags

Trying to keep this baby as light as possible...might replace the grip down the road with something more comfortable.

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
dont know why I originally said handguard...its stayin!
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's with that blemish on the mag well?

I figure your kidding, but its a piece of paper to cover up the serial # :hyper:

The MOE handguard seems to be a very well built piece, but we shall see how it holds up with some rounds down the tube....I will try to get some better pics with lighting tonight or tomorrow...these were hastily taken this morning.

Poak-i planned on keeping the AR I built so thats why its taken so long to get it together....i have more patience then money and didnt wanna pay the markup to get my parts faster.

TI lower with DPMS parts kit ~$230.00 ftf

CMMG Complete upper ~ $547 shipped

Magpul MOE handguard ~$28 shipped

DPMS Pardus stock with commercial tube ~$70

Contractor mags/c-products ~$10 each

roughly $885.00 total depending on mag count.

Quck question magic, the rear of that handguard looks to fit the standard delta ring of an AR, what is the front set to "mount" to?

Basically I'm asking if I can remove the standard handguards from the RRA uppper I have on order and just slip those on?

I probably won't order the MOE until I get the upper and see if there are any alterations to it as I ordered it with the Weaver front gas block instead of A2 sights. There may be some differences in the fit

Smith thanks for the link, i definitely want a different grip and for the money that one you posted cant be beat.

Rightwinger the MOE is pretty sweet....it slips right on...just pull back the delta ring and pop the old roundies off and then that one comes together in two pieces and goes right in place....super easy.

Guest goomba

congrats & nice job. I've been thinking about those MOE handguards myself....as well as a MIAD grip. dont like the Mil-spec pistol grip on my bushmaster.

The Hogue AR grips are your friends gentlemen!

It's the first option I check when I order an LPK from Rock River. 20 bucks an worth every penny. Can't store anything in them but the feel fantastic.

Magic, I have to wait until I see the front end config on the RRA upper but I think those are the ticket. I have never seen the interface of the weaver gas block with standard handguards. I would think its the same round frame but would hate to have the MOE sitting here ready to go on only to find some other type of mounting device behind the gas block. If anyone has a RRA Middy with their factory mounted weaver gas block, post up a pic for me!

What I really want is the new combo free float aluminum rail that is half smooth for hand grip with no rail covers and the front half is 4 rail. You seen that one yet? 130 bucks though prevents that from happening right now.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/images/hghalfqd.gif

Sounds pretty sweet, but since my goal was lightweight i didnt want to tempt myself with any rails lol.

Yeah, I've got a YHM quad rail on my middy. I like it, but I want to build a lightweight "ranch rifle" EBR sometime in the near future.