A Close Up Look at the New XM 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2024 at 5:17 PM, Handsome Rob said:

Sooooooo it's an M4 with a different barrel & bolt then.聽

Outside the initial cosmetic similarity to the AR platform, the operating system is completely different. It鈥檚 a piston gun with a different recoil 聽system. It carries the bits in the receivers. No buffer tube needed.聽

Think BRN or Foxtrot Mike. But at Sig OMG prices 馃槃

Edited by Erich
1 hour ago, NoBanStan said:

I got to fondle this new Sig lineup at the NRA con last year. They're impressive looking but I will say that all of them felt very bulky and heavy.

Just over 11 lbs (5.1kg) with suppressor and 1 loaded mag. 8.4lbs for the base rifle. Not crazy by any stretch. Maybe a pound over what I would have envisioned considering the 13" barrel.

22 minutes ago, OldIronFan said:

Just over 11 lbs (5.1kg) with suppressor and 1 loaded mag. 8.4lbs for the base rifle. Not crazy by any stretch. Maybe a pound over what I would have envisioned considering the 13" barrel.

That was just my experience while being in a line of people waiting to do the same. Overall i just thought they felt bulky, like the chassis felt overly bloated.

1 minute ago, NoBanStan said:

That was just my experience while being in a line of people waiting to do the same. Overall i just thought they felt bulky, like the chassis felt overly bloated.

Oh it certainly looks a bit blocky/chunky, I agree. I guess you don't want delicate but it could probably be slimmed down some and remain durable.聽

Just now, OldIronFan said:

Oh it certainly looks a bit blocky/chunky, I agree. I guess you don't want delicate but it could probably be slimmed down some and remain durable.聽

I'm willing to bet if they just let me have one I could play around with it long enough to be fully appreciative 馃檪

• Like 2

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I鈥檓 a true SIG HO to a fault but that is uglier than a booger on a dry windshield with wipers on low. 聽

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Quavodus said:

These will be all over Ukraine and Israel. If not already. You know the "Former Vice President" just loves giving things away.

Yeah.... Like our tax dollars.................

• Sad 1

Without the US Ukraine would be Russa again. Would you care about that? One thing that amazed me is how ineffective the Ruskies were in this war. When the opposing Army got more than rocks to throw, the Russian Army turned out to be a paper tiger in front of them. Amazing, and this war was on their border, in their back yard so to speak.聽