AMMO REPORTS

Guest SUNTZU

Guest jimdigriz

I was at Walmart in Lebanon (off Cumberland) this morning and picked up 9mm, 22 LR, and 32 ACP. The clerk said they have "tons" of 9mm that they got in last night. They had Winchester white box and some Federal.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 70below
AIM has 500rds of golden bear for $139, which is pretty good for brass reloadable ammo.

Golden Bear isn't really brass, its just brass plated steel. Its also still berdan primed and isn't reloadable. I haven't shot Centurion before, but have heard good things. PMC is great stuff, but I think its true worth is in the $320-350 per K.

I know alot of people don't like Remington bulk pack .22 ammo, I love the stuff though, its flawless in my P22, and have only very rarely had one not go bang.

Golden Bear isn't really brass, its just brass plated steel. Its also still berdan primed and isn't reloadable. I haven't shot Centurion before, but have heard good things. PMC is great stuff, but I think its true worth is in the $320-350 per K.

I know alot of people don't like Remington bulk pack .22 ammo, I love the stuff though, its flawless in my P22, and have only very rarely had one not go bang.

Thanks, I didn't realize that it was only brass plated. AIM lists it as Boxer primed, but if it is steel then its a moot point anyway. I agree about the PMC.

I bought two hundred rounds of Winchester white box 9mm on the 4th of July at the Walmart in Humboldt. I was by there tonight and they still have some. In fact the ammo shelves are filling up again and it is beginning to look like it did before the election.

Walmart near Wolfchase had several boxes of .40 and 9mm. They had some .22LR and one 50rd box of Winchester .45ACP 230gr JHP. This was as of Sunday the 12th at 3:30PM

Guest SUNTZU

I bought two boxes of .45 at the Walmart at Walker Springs in Knoxville. 50 round boxes at just under $30 each! :tough: I will resist shooting the .45 at the next shoot.

Guest SUNTZU

I saw Garufa there last night. And I agree, anytime I ask about ammo that they say they are getting ready to bring out of the back, they act like I've been kicking their kid's puppy and tell me how I'm not allowed to know and they can't just tell EVERYbody about ammo. When I asked them who ARE they telling, the lady clammed up. I figure its someone in management who lets a few boxes through occasionally. Finding it is next to impossible at that store.

Guest Spuds
I bought two boxes of .45 at the Walmart at Walker Springs in Knoxville. 50 round boxes at just under $30 each! :tough: I will resist shooting the .45 at the next shoot.

Yeah, but they are JHPs, aren't they? The FMJs are closer to $19-$20.

When I asked them who ARE they telling,

I figure someone who works there is snatching it up or telling their buddies. Once the buddies show up they pull it out.

Ammo is bad around here at all Walmarts I look at, but not like it is at Walker Springs.

Guest SUNTZU
Yeah, but they are JHPs, aren't they? The FMJs are closer to $19-$20.

Yes, they are, after checking them again. Oh well, at least I replaced what I shot last week.

Strange things are afoot at the Walker Springs Walmart.

When I saw SUNTZU there yesterday evening I was only there for some Hoppe's #9. There were out of it. :tough:

Did talk myself into a couple boxes of that Federal 325 count .22 super auto match target ammo however. They had a bunch of that along with some Federal 9mm as well.

Bet it's all gone now.

While I was having my tires rotated at sams this morning I walked over to the Walker Springs to see if I might luck out on some 9mm ammo. The shelves didn't have any on them, but the sports counter lady walked by and I just flippantly asked if they had any 9mm. She said they had plenty and reached under the counter and grabbed 3 boxes for me. I also asked if she had any .22lr bulk packs and she had some Federal 325 count boxes for $14.99. Not the cheapest .22lr you can get, but it was available!

Matthew

yup, they keep a buncha stuff under the counter at both the walker and OR walmarts. The best walmart I've had luck with is maryville. They had some .40s&w but said they hadn't had a shipment of anything in over a week. I've gotten over 1000 rounds of .45 there in the last month though.

While I was having my tires rotated at sams this morning I walked over to the Walker Springs to see if I might luck out on some 9mm ammo. The shelves didn't have any on them, but the sports counter lady walked by and I just flippantly asked if they had any 9mm. She said they had plenty and reached under the counter and grabbed 3 boxes for me. I also asked if she had any .22lr bulk packs and she had some Federal 325 count boxes for $14.99. Not the cheapest .22lr you can get, but it was available!

Matthew

Based on that I'm going to have to start asking...I usually just glance on the shelves. That Federal AutoMatch is great stuff for semi-autos...I've never had a FTF in my P22.

Based on that I'm going to have to start asking...I usually just glance on the shelves. That Federal AutoMatch is great stuff for semi-autos...I've never had a FTF in my P22.

I think it's coated in wax or something 'cause it's mighty slick.

Too bad I am using it in a bolt rifle that I don't even have a magazine for!:confused:

It does fire nicely and there's nothing like the crack when the round goes super sonic!

Matthew

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up yet......but I was told something interesting at the Morristown Walmart today. The lady behind the counter said that they would no longer be carrying any Blazer Brass ammo at Walmart. I asked if that was all Walmarts and she said "I think so."

So has anyone else heard anything about Walmart not carrying Blazer Brass anymore? :confused:

Guest m&pc9
I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up yet......but I was told something interesting at the Morristown Walmart today. The lady behind the counter said that they would no longer be carrying any Blazer Brass ammo at Walmart. I asked if that was all Walmarts and she said "I think so."

So has anyone else heard anything about Walmart not carrying Blazer Brass anymore? :confused:

The walmart in seymour had federal ammo instead of Blazer on sunday. But it was the same price 8.97. But IDK if they will have blazer again.