AMMO REPORTS

Guest SUNTZU

Glad you Nashville fellas get to buy ammo at Wally World. Doesn't last more than a couple of hours in Knoxville - if it even makes it to the shelves.

Haven't seen a box of .45 around here in months. Not to mention .22 bulk packs.

Got tons of 9mm & .40 though. :rolleyes:

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nascar22
Not to mention .22 bulk packs.

Turkey Creek had 3 boxes of 555 win. as of 10 pm.

$15.97 a box i think.

I almost bought a box but I feel bad about buying the last 3 boxes I saw there a month ago and I haven't gone through that.

Can you have too much .22LR?

BTW They went up to $9.47 box on the Fed 9mm. Was $8.97.

Franklin always limits me to 1 box of any kind... did they lift that rule? Everywhere else in Nash tends to be 6.

That's what I asked and wifey said the little boxes (50) were limited but when she asked about the mega-pak, two was no problem. Wish she'd had gotten three but then I'd be greedy, huh. :D

Guest nascar22
Turkey Creek had 3 boxes of 555 win.

Correction it is 555 count Federal and it is $15.47.

I went to get some baby formula and just happen to walk past the ammo. :poop:. Any body else here "volunteer" to make runs to wal-mart?

The guy in front of me got the last box of .45 WWB, but I did stock up on the 9mm. When I left they had 2 boxes of the 555 FEd 22lr and about 10 boxes of 100 count 9mm WWB. Also plenty of .40 in Fed and WWB.

Also a box of 100 count WWB 38 special left.

Locally, I think the ammo hype is uncalled for. Within less than an hour away, there is an ample supply of common, frequently used ammo. When there are posts about one box here and one there, then the common reaction is to rush out and get that last box. The supply isn't that bad, if you're willing to drive a bit to get it. Wal-Mart all but stopped carrying any kind of ammo a few years ago, so it's not uncommon for them to have a scarce supply to begin with. Maybe I'm missing something.

Depends on the Walmrat you frequent. If they still sell firearms, they generally have a wider selection of ammunition and first dibs on what's available at their warehouse hubs. Least that's what I've heard, but what do I know. Welcome to the forum, by the way.

I just came back from the local Walmart at Walker Springs....and walked out with two boxes of .45 that "get stashed in the back by the other cashiers." I'm going to frame them and hang them on the wall.

Guest canebreaker

Everywhere I visite, it's seems that I end up in a walmart of that area. They tend to be stocked for what area your in. Large stocks in some stores of duck hunting items, some trout, some catfish. Some will be stocked heavy with shotgun shells while others are stocked with rifle rounds. Then it seems that just before a hunting season opens, they will have restock for the hunt.

I can find lots of .25 auto, .32 auto, something I don't need.