Official Thread for TN House / Senate Override of HB0962 Gubernatorial Veto

Guest HexHead

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

Restated for emphasis and importance.

Sen Jackson verified LAW GOES INTO EFFECT JULY 14, 40 DAYS FROM TODAY, DON'T GO CARRYING UNTIL THEN

burks didn't even vote? what a douche. YAY!!!

Uhh...she is not present because she is at home mourning the death of her great-grandchild.

Senator Jackson did a great job...I wonder how much of his speech will make it into the papers.

Guest pws_smokeyjones

Yep. Looks like I was wrong about the 40 days thing. I am glad Sen Jackson cleared that up on the floor.

Guest illumina
Wasn't Burke the one that had a moment of slience for because of the death of a grandson?
I wasn't watching at that time. I thought he was the one saying he wasn't going to support the bill and was very against it prior to Jackson closing. Seems like he should've voted nay if he was so against it. I may be mistaken, and if I am, I retract my douche statement.
Guest db99wj
burks didn't even vote? what a douche. YAY!!!
Wasn't Burke the one that had a moment of slience for because of the death of a grandson?

Yes, Burke is out due to her grandsons death.

Guest themark712
stick that up your ass Bredesen. 7-14-09.

+1 ... also per Naifeh, Slupass, the Tennessean, the Comical Appeal, etc., etc.

Sen Jackson made me a fan today - he spoke the truth regarding rights vs privileges. It's nice to hear a legislator who understands these basic truths.

Thank you, Sen Jackson and all those who supported this veto override!!!

Sen Jackson made me a fan today - he spoke the truth regarding rights vs privileges. It's nice to hear a legislator who understands these basic truths.

Thank you, Sen Jackson and all those who supported this veto override!!!

Bravo!!! Excellent speech! :up: