Went for a little helicopter ride this weekend

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GT_Rat
I didnt realize the 278th had miniguns mounted on their 60s.

The Hawks my father-in-law is on in the 278th don't. He's using 240's if I recall correctly. He's in Ft. Sill right now about to deploy to Iraq in the next couple of days.

Guest Jcochran88

Joe you suck! Should have know this thread was not just your normal helicopter ride. Looks like you had a good time.

Guest redbarron06
Man, that mini is looking rough! I see the mount is outside the crew window. Is that an Air Force Hawk?

EDIT- Just saw your Avatar name. I'm assuming that a Army hawk in Korea.

Actually it is a HH-60G pavehawk from South Ga. They provided PJ support for us in Aghan 2005-06. When this was taken we were out at a FOB using the 60Gs and AH-64As to provide MEDEVAC support for the Aussies SAS.

This is how I was rolling at the time. I got transfered to MEDEVAC last Nov.

DSCN1082.jpg

Guest redbarron06
I didnt realize the 278th had miniguns mounted on their 60s.

278th dont have hawks any more. They lost all of there AC back in 06. The Aircraft are now 1-230th. But no the TN guard hawks dont have minis one them.

Guest redbarron06
The Hawks my father-in-law is on in the 278th don't. He's using 240's if I recall correctly. He's in Ft. Sill right now about to deploy to Iraq in the next couple of days.

Who is your daddy inlaw? You can just give me last name. If he is a hawk driver in this state I know him.

So that was you we saw fly over us while working on the mountain Sunday.

We were putting up posts for a new pavillion on Bear Hollow WMA when we heard then saw that bird go over.

Looked like a fun ride.

Yep, that was us.

We were using an LZ out at of Round Cove.

Guest GT_Rat
Who is your daddy inlaw? You can just give me last name. If he is a hawk driver in this state I know him.

He's a crewchief (if I remember right again) not a pilot. I PM'd you his info. He transferred to Smyrna within the last year I believe. He was working in Jackson on Apaches for several years before that.