Applebees may not be HCP friendly

Guest dizzielizzie

Guest dizzielizzie

Was at the Applebees in Columbia Sunday night and asked the manager (who was very nice) wether they will be posting no handguns or not, and she said they will be posting a no handgun carry sign and this decision is coming from corporate...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
Thats a big loss, now I can't go eat <insert mediocre at best food here> at Applebees! Whatever shall we do!

Walk by the hostess desk at Applebee's with a wad of cash, on your way to Ruby Tuesdays. Then carry your 'large' RT food and drink receipt in and ask the hostess to give it to the manager.

Just sayin'...

(Daniel, y'all got any Golden Saber .45ACP in 230gr??)

Guest clownsdd

Got a suggestion. Quit asking the restaurants about this. Leave it alone. It get's them thinking. Kinda like pointing out non complying signage.

Sure, if you see proper posting, bring it to the attention of the operator that you will not patrionize the establishment and will encourage your friends to go elsewhere. JMHO.

+1 on keeping our collective mouths shut. :-x

+2.... why cant we just wait and see what happens.

Someone should have said to the manager..."Well I'll enjoy this lunch as much as I can, becasue it will be my last trip here"....

Im not so sure I believe her. Whats funny is they didnt in other states so why Tn?

Guest GLOCKGUY
applebees food and service sucks anyways, now we know their policies do too.

I have to agree. I think their food taste like microwaved food. :-x

Agreed. Just let it go. These restaurant managers aren't allowed to think for themselves at these large chain restaurants. They clear everything through their chain of command and it goes to the top. Then Legal Counsel. Get the picture? By asking, it appears to them that you may be concerned.

Guest blackbeltchick

I agree, wait and see who post and who doesn't, and go from there. Applebee's has never been on my list anyway. No big lost here.

It's best to leave well enough alone and not ask a restaurant or any business what intentions they may have in allowing HCP holders to carry firearms within their establishments.

Making it an issue may backfire and result in properly posted signage.

If a place posts and I like the place, I'm stashing my piece and going in. Property owners have far greater rights than the few, very few HCP holders in this state.

And if I never set foot in Applebee's again, or any other chain restaurant for that matter, wouldn't miss is at all.

Edited by Garufa

Well, what about these chains in other states? I've got to think a chain is going to be consistent across all "carry states". Maybe a franchisee gets away with doing his own thing? I hate Applebees anyway. Now if any Chilis here in Mempho posts, I will go into a deep depression.

On these same lines, I was talking to a guy today who works at Centennial Medical Center. They have been Improperly Posted, and have not made a big deal about Concealed Carry, get it? Concealed. It seems that some Moron has been busting their chops about their Improper Signage (pistol with the circle and a line through it). Now they are Properly Posting All Entrances (some were not posted at all). I subscribe to the "Keep you mouth shut and your pistol concealed" crowd. Just my thoughts.

On these same lines, I was talking to a guy today who works at Centennial Medical Center. They have been Improperly Posted, and have not made a big deal about Concealed Carry, get it? Concealed. It seems that some Moron has been busting their chops about their Improper Signage (pistol with the circle and a line through it). Now they are Properly Posting All Entrances (some were not posted at all). I subscribe to the "Keep you mouth shut and your pistol concealed" crowd. Just my thoughts.

+1.

Was at the Applebees in Columbia Sunday night and asked the manager (who was very nice) wether they will be posting no handguns or not, and she said they will be posting a no handgun carry sign and this decision is coming from corporate...

My bet the manager was making this up... I've been to Applebee''s in 3 or 4 different states that allow CCW/HCP holder to carry and not a single one has been posted.

Stranger things could happen, but I seriously doubt you'll see any major chain ban carry.

Got a suggestion. Quit asking the restaurants about this. Leave it alone. It get's them thinking. Kinda like pointing out non complying signage.

Sure, if you see proper posting, bring it to the attention of the operator that you will not patrionize the establishment and will encourage your friends to go elsewhere. JMHO.

+1 on keeping our collective mouths shut. :D
+2.... why cant we just wait and see what happens.

Someone should have said to the manager..."Well I'll enjoy this lunch as much as I can, becasue it will be my last trip here"....

Im not so sure I believe her. Whats funny is they didnt in other states so why Tn?

Agreed. Just let it go. These restaurant managers aren't allowed to think for themselves at these large chain restaurants. They clear everything through their chain of command and it goes to the top. Then Legal Counsel. Get the picture? By asking, it appears to them that you may be concerned.
I agree, wait and see who post and who doesn't, and go from there. Applebee's has never been on my list anyway. No big lost here.
It's best to leave well enough alone and not ask a restaurant or any business what intentions they may have in allowing HCP holders to carry firearms within their establishments.

Making it an issue may backfire and result in properly posted signage.

If a place posts and I like the place, I'm stashing my piece and going in. Property owners have far greater rights than the few, very few HCP holders in this state.

And if I never set foot in Applebee's again, or any other chain restaurant for that matter, wouldn't miss is at all.

The OP may have just been going by what our Admin suggested in another thread..

In the meantime, I highly suggest that all of you consider approaching the manager at whatever venues you frequent and ask them to please NOT post their location as an area where carry is prohibited. Explain that if they do, you will be forced to take your money elsewhere and that you will encourage your friends and family to do likewise.

Come back here and post your results! We need to recognize the places that WON'T post as much as we need to out those that will.

My bet the manager was making this up... I've been to Applebee''s in 3 or 4 different states that allow CCW/HCP holder to carry and not a single one has been posted.

Stranger things could happen, but I seriously doubt you'll see any major chain ban carry.

She may have assumed the question was coming from an anti POV and she was just placating a customer. That's what managers do.

Guest GhostHunter

Had a bad experience at Applebee's with their service a few months ago. Walked out and went to O'Charley's. Got back home and sent a complaint to Applebee's corporate stating I would never darken their door again. I had thought about maybe going back and giving them another chance, but by not being HCP friendly, they just drove the last nail in their coffin for me.