lower prices dropping

Guest Mugster

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Xring04

I can find the lowers for a pretty good deal, but the parts kits are the hard thing to come by now. Anyone have a line on those?

Centerfiresystems.com is advertising Doublestar? lowers for $99. We're back!:tough:

AR-15 Doublestar Lower Receiver Part #ARLOWER

AR Lower Part #ARLOWER

ARLOWER-LEFT-B.jpg

Regular Price: $119.99

Price: $99.99

You Save: $20.00

Part Number: ARLOWER

Quantity:

* Whole number only

Email this page to a friend

CURRENTLY SHIPPING DOUBLESTAR AR LOWERS.AR Lower is machined from high tensile strength 7075T6 aircraft quality aluminum forgings. “NOT CAST!”

•Made to U.S. military specs.

•Made from aluminum forging identical to those used by the US government contractors.

•Aircraft Aluminum - 7075 Aluminum with T6 Configuration.

•Hardcase anodized finish to US G.I. specs.

•Glass beaded prior to anodizing for the best quality finish.

•CNC machined for the utmost in quality.

FFL REQUIRED

CANNOT BE SHIPPED TO CALIFORNIA

Yep. and I hope that the consumers all remember the dealers that jacked prices on Mags, Lowers, ARs, etc.

Those dealers should be rewarded for their customer loyalty and integrity during the big Gun-Scare of Winter 09.

Absolutely agree. They'll have some story about how much more it cost them to get it in stock :D. I saw one local dealer that was trying to sell primers for $70 / 1000. Hell, he had never really carried reloading supplies before that. They'll never get my business again.

From another retailer's site:

I spoke with my account rep yesterday. He tells me that all those ARs that were backordered are now getting delivered. When dealers backordered they had to pay in advance for them. He just shipped another dealer 50 Rock River Arms rifles. At about $900 a copy do the math.

Dealers are steamed because demand has gone to almost zero on those guns.

I asked him what they would do (orders cannot be cancelled, btw). He said they would have to put them out there cheap just to maintain cash flow.

So I think within a month anyone considering an AR will be able to find a pretty good deal on one.

Hopefully they will get ridiculously low for a little while. Now where were all those guys who argued with me about market correction? :D

Yep. and I hope that the consumers all remember the dealers that jacked prices on Mags, Lowers, ARs, etc.

Those dealers should be rewarded for their customer loyalty and integrity during the big Gun-Scare of Winter 09.

True that. Joe you will be getting a call from me soon.

I have a long memory about what I saw and the way I was treated at someplaces. :rolleyes:

Edited by R1100R
..... heck joe even had stuff that was pretty much "unattainable" at the time

Well lets test that.

Hey Joe!

Do you have any of those "unattainable" MAGPUL UBR stocks for sale? :D

I need one in Black to finish a new 3-Gun.

Getting back on topic - - - I saw the same price jacking back when the 94 AWB took affect. I still won't deal with some folks because of what they did back then.

whats sad is some dealers werent price qauging they had no choice but to overpay wholesale prices to be able to simply supply their customers with products... now they will get stuck with them.

I tried my best to keep our prices as low as possible. I even dropped two distributors I'd done buisness with for over 15 years because they were taking advantage of the market. It will get better... but look out for fall on handgun ammo... were hearing its going to be getting alot worse when the big ammo guys start makeing hunting rounds. They cant make everything at once.

*One thing to remember; some manufacturers jacked their lower prices to the dealers last winter.

I can tell you that Spikes Tactical jacked their price 50 bucks per unit.

So yeah, im sitting on around 300 of just their lowers (we have more from other manufacturers as well) that were purchased at the "new and not improved" price of old cost +50 bucks.

Its a crazy market right now, and like Phil said; there were manufacturers (Spikes for example) distributors (Lew Horton for example) and dealers (many...) that jacked their prices to take advantage of the hysteria.

I sucked it up and paid the extra premium for 500 Spikes lowers, but I will tell you that I doubt I will be reordering large quantities from them in the future.

I no longer do business with a couple of distributors because of the same thing Phil mentioned; gouging to dealers.

I also think that those dealers that tried to take advantage of their customers during uncertain times should be made very aware of their sins.

I just spent an hour on the phone talking with a buddy who works at the largest distributor in the industry.

He said that he as dealers in free fall right now, and many that will not make it.

They overpaid and overcommited and their markers have been called.

Scary stuff for sure!

Another indication that this industry is clueless and retarded:

I had a manufacturer call me on Monday to let me know my SHOT Show order was ready to ship.

I said great, how much of it?

His response? ALL of it!

Huh? So let me get this straight; You are calling me in JULY to tell me you are shipping 50k worth of ARs that I ordered in Jan, and you are shipping the order COMPLETE.

They could have certainly shipped partials for the last 6 months like most of the other manufacturers, but no....you guys let rifles sit on a shelf until you had the entire order ready to go.

Really smart! Great way to screw your dealers. lol

I quit ordering stuff from Spike's Tactical after their pricing fiasco. The day of the election they jacked the price.

I only order from them if someone almost begs me to. I won't do it on my own.

I usually order from YHM as they kep decent pricing on their lowers and can deliver on time.

I quit ordering stuff from Spike's Tactical after their pricing fiasco. The day of the election they jacked the price.

I only order from them if someone almost begs me to. I won't do it on my own.

I usually order from YHM as they kep decent pricing on their lowers and can deliver on time.

Yep, been working with YHM for well over 3 years and they have been nothing but top notch.