Holy crap! KFC's potential new food

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of the first time I met the McGriddle. How delicious she was at first. And how she betrayed me by sending me straight to the toilet and then knocking me out for the rest of the day. Our love affair was short but memorable. :)

Guest mustangdave
Reminds me of the first time I met the McGriddle. How delicious she was at first. And how she betrayed me by sending me straight to the toilet and then knocking me out for the rest of the day. Our love affair was short but memorable. :drama:

:up::):bowrofl::bowrofl:McD's :P

Reminds me of the first time I met the McGriddle. How delicious she was at first. And how she betrayed me by sending me straight to the toilet and then knocking me out for the rest of the day. Our love affair was short but memorable. :)

Same thing happened to me when I encountered the Enormous Omlet Sandwich.

050328_burger_hmed_12p.hmedium.jpg

• Moderators
All wrong...:D

Must have gravy...not that brown pasty stuff at KFC, either! :)

And of course....sweet tea. :D

You know for this being the south, have any of y'all noticed how hard it is to get decent sweet tea in a lot of restaurants? I like my sweet tea to actually be sweet !

Guest mustangdave
You know for this being the south, have any of y'all noticed how hard it is to get decent sweet tea in a lot of restaurants? I like my sweet tea to actually be sweet !

You do realize its the NORTHIFICATION...of our most cherished traditions

Guest mustangdave
You are right.

The best places I have found for sweet tea is, Mexican Restaurants. Weird.

Ain't this the TRUTH...as I sip on some of the WEAKEST sweet tea on the planet from Zaxby's

Guest slothful1
You do realize its the NORTHIFICATION...of our most cherished traditions

Indeed... the sweetness is leeching out of the tea and into the cornbread. :koolaid:

• 7 months later...

Newsroom - April 6, 2010 - KFC.com

2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002-1999 April 6, 2010

MOST BUZZWORTHY PRODUCT IN KFC HISTORY? BRAND INTRODUCES THE DOUBLE DOWN, ITS FIRST-EVER BUNLESS CHICKEN SANDWICH

spacer.gif

After Wildly Successful Market Test, World's Largest Chicken Chain Launches New Double Down Sandwich Nationwide on April 12; Donates ‘Unneeded’ Sandwich Buns to Food Banks news_doubledown.gif

LOUISVILLE, KY - It's here – and with this much chicken, there’s no room for the bun! On April 12, KFC is introducing its first-ever bunless chicken sandwich: the KFC Double Down. This one-of-a-kind sandwich features two thick and juicy boneless white meat chicken filets (Original Recipe® or Grilled), two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel's Sauce. And no bun!

During the product's test market phase last year, high consumer interest and demand drove people to travel for miles to sample the Colonel's tasty new creation. From online chatter speculating on whether the sandwich was just an urban legend to late night talk show mentions, the Double Down generated more buzz than any test market item in KFC history. The sandwich, which was previously available only for a short time in two markets, will now be sold in KFC stores nationwide starting April 12.

KFC Donates Unneeded Buns to Food Banks

When introducing a bunless sandwich, the obvious question is: what happens to all the buns? To celebrate the launch of the Double Down, KFC will do some good by donating the “unneeded” sandwich buns to feed the hungry. The brand will donate both buns and funds to food banks across the country, starting with the Dare to Care Food Bank in KFC’s hometown of Louisville, Ky.

“The Double Down created such buzz as a test market item and it already has such high consumer awareness, we toyed with the idea of making a commercial that just said, 'It’s here!,'” explained Javier Benito, executive vice president of marketing and food innovation for KFC. “And to celebrate the national arrival of the Double Down, it’s great to find a good home for some of those 'unneeded' KFC buns at food banks around the country.”

Because the Double Down became such a nationwide sensation during test marketing in 2009, KFC is taking the unusual step of publicizing the product in advance of its arrival in restaurants.

“We don’t typically talk about our products before they're available in our restaurants,” Benito continued. “But we expect Double Down to be in great demand when it becomes available on April 12, and we want fans to have time to arrange their schedules in advance for a visit to KFC to try this legendary sandwich.”

KFC’s Meatiest Chicken Sandwich Ever

KFC is redefining the chicken sandwich with its meatiest sandwich creation ever. Chicken lovers get two 100 percent all white meat chicken filets topped with cheese, bacon and the Colonel's Sauce. Try the Double Down in a combo meal with a side item and a medium drink (Pricing and participation may vary by location.)

Nutritional Information for the KFC Double Down

While last year's test market for Double Down created tremendous buzz, not all of the information making the rounds was accurate. Some media sources speculated on the nutritional information for the sandwich, and published numbers that were inflated. The Double Down contains 540 calories, similar numbers to many of the burgers available at fast food restaurants today. The Double Down is also available in a grilled version, which checks in at 460 calories. For fat, cholesterol, sodium and other nutritional content for the Double Down, see www.kfc.com/nutrition.