Windows 7

DaveTN

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gun Geek
Linux is better than both.

Linux is ok, but not for your average computer user. They need something that works and does certain things from time of install. Linux you have to build and tweak to get it just right. I like linux but then I know what I want the software to do and how to get it to do it. That being said it is not something that I would recommend for business use or the average user. Also keep in mind that most major software companies do not support linux. So the common software that everybody wants doesnt work on Linux.

• Administrator
Linux is better than both.

Nope. OS-X murders Linux. It's a *Nix operating system with real-world support from a major manufacturer and the entire software industry. Linux will never enjoy that.

I run Windows on my PCs and Snow Leopard on my MacBook Pro. I love them both for different reasons.

It has to be aged a few years before they can uncork it.

Windows 2007...that would be Vista....me no tinks I wanna uncork that!

Mine is on its way. :)

Awesome!

Not sure if Im gonna get it or not myself,although I need to replace my ucked up machine...just don't wanna fork out moi gun money.

If I do,Ill prolly replace that tower with this one > :)<

Guest Gun Geek

No way I still think that the best case ever made as the Antec 900, well as far as a gaming case without liquid cooling goes. Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

That Big A&^ fan on top does wonders for cooling. Plus up to 4 additional 120mm fans. I've built many gaming PCs with that case and if I was still building I would use that one.

Not sure if Im gonna get it or not myself,although I need to replace my ucked up machine...just don't wanna fork out moi gun money.

If I do,Ill prolly replace that tower with this one > :)<

I bought this partly due to the fact that yesterday they had a $399 Laptop that sold out before I could convince my fiance I needed it. FAIL. :)

As far as that case goes, I'd just get a window kit and maybe some leds.

I know someone who got this case, I didn't know they made fans that big.

Edited by jtluttrell

I'm running Win 7 pro on my laptop

Vista Ultimate on my desktop

XP Home on my netbook

Vista Business on my OQO

Don't really have a problem with any of them doing anything other than VPN on the 64 bit machines.

Actually I'm hunting for a decent VPN client to connect to Netgear VPNs on Vista 64 bit if any of the geeks want to chime in.

Safepoint HAD a client, but now the link has been pulled from their site

Nope. OS-X murders Linux. It's a *Nix operating system with real-world support from a major manufacturer and the entire software industry. Linux will never enjoy that.

I run Windows on my PCs and Snow Leopard on my MacBook Pro. I love them both for different reasons.

I plan on running Windows in a VM since I need some apps for work that don't run on Mac OS.

That Windows 2007 is like a fine wine.

Yea, it tastes great today, but just leave it overnight and it turns to vinegar. :meh:

No way I still think that the best case ever made as the Antec 900, well as far as a gaming case without liquid cooling goes. Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

That Big A&^ fan on top does wonders for cooling. Plus up to 4 additional 120mm fans. I've built many gaming PCs with that case and if I was still building I would use that one.

I have this case along iwth the extra fans. The case itself is pretty quiet if the fans are on med or low. My GTX 275 on the other hand is not.

Guest Gun Geek
Who can OC? I have an i7 + ram that I think should be running faster.

There are tons of overclock programs out there that are very simple. Have a look around I'm sure you'll find one.

Not a gamer,or hard PC user so extra cooling isnt a main concern...but price is,and that 40 dollar case looks allot better then then the 90 :D

Saw this commercial a minute ago,and I'm still laughing

Lets hope it isnt true! :up:

just got an evaluation copy of windows 7 32 bit. I like it better than Vista, but wish i had the 64 bit version. Don't guess anybody's got a 64 they would want to trade for a 32 huh? If i had know when they were given them away i would have gotten it. But i didn't and my buddy had an extra 32 bit one since he downloaded like 20 of them but only a couple 64's.