What pistol do you regret getting rid of?

Guest logicprevails

Mine pales in comparison to some of the sentimental/rare firearms in this thread... but I sold a perfectly mint Springfield XD45 with trijicons on it for $400.00 to a friend, all to finance another 1911 that I wanted. I then turned around and decided that I didn't want to carry that new 1911, so I had another one built, and then, because it was so nice, I ended up buying an M&P 45. I'm an idiot, but I've got some nice firearms!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Colt King Cobra 4" in satin stainless that I bought new in '96 for $450 from Leo's Gun Shop in Morristown. (Heck, I miss Leo almost as much as I do that gun! He was a good guy and always treated me right.)

It now belongs to a fellow TGO member that traded me his custom Yugo AK-47 for it.....which I sold to buy my Springfield Armory EMP.

I'm keepin' the EMP! :)

Let one go???;)

What he said. ;) Well actually I did just get conned out of my really clean post war Garand. My sons name sake wanted it really bad. I gave it to him. A few days later he gave me a pre 64 M70 in .270 and a FN Browning Safari grade in .373 H&H. I think the Browning is his attempt to butter me up to get my M1 Carbine. LOL If he straight up asks for it, I'd give it to him though. So Garand is the only weapon I have ever let go, and I do not regret it.

Oops, I meant to add that I still have every handgun that ever got.

Edited by buck1032
For content

In 93 sold a Ruger SBH 10in. , put a lot of 44s down range at metallic chickens when I lived out in Bakersfield in the early 80s. Miss that long barrel, an 1lb. trigger !!! Don't think they made too many, had'nt seen one in years!!

Guest Muttling

S&W 4006. It was in perfect condition and they don't make them anymore. All of them I've seen since have been old police side arms with a lot of wear on them.

Smith and Wesson model 638 bodyguard. it had a recessed snag proof hammer so it was a perfect blend of a 642's inability to snag and i still had the option of SA if i wanted a smooth shot. bought for ~300, sold for 400. now i regret it and haven't found another one for under 500ish.

Guest GatorsRule1976

Ruger SuperBlackHawk .44Mag

I had bought it off my father-in-law for $250. Was needing cash really bad, so sold it back to him for the same amount. He since then has gotten rid of it as well.:biglol: