Say no to Best Buy?

Guest db99wj

Guest mustangdave
That's a good one! Tell that to the polygamist Mormons! No, I must disagree with your statement.

Mormons?....Whadid we do now?:tinfoil:help me dropkick....:squint:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're almost 200 years too late for your comment to make you look cool.

I'm sorry that you're not able to deductively reason. The statement was made earlier in this thread that we have freedom of religion. My statement was pointing out a religion that does not have that freedom. The government in Canada does not allow preachers to preach Biblical doctrine regarding homosexuals, as it is classified as "hate" speech. It could happen here, as well.

Try sticking with facts in your posts, otherwise it makes you look asinine.

BTW, I could care less about who/what you think is "cool".

I'm sorry that you're not able to deductively reason. The statement was made earlier in this thread that we have freedom of religion. My statement was pointing out a religion that does not have that freedom. The government in Canada does not allow preachers to preach Biblical doctrine regarding homosexuals, as it is classified as "hate" speech. It could happen here, as well.

Try sticking with facts in your posts, otherwise it makes you look asinine.

My anger has blinded me RAWR! I totally misunderstood your comment. I'm sorry. And yes, it did make me look asinine.

And I was already going to lay one down about how you like Glenn Beck and he's a polygamist Mormon too. Ha!

My anger has blinded me RAWR! I totally misunderstood your comment. I'm sorry. And yes, it did make me look asinine.

And I was already going to lay one down about how you like Glenn Beck and he's a polygamist Mormon too. Ha!

No hard feelings, Drop. Have a great Thanksgiving!

well,I could really care less.

Alright guys, if you COULDN'T care less, it means you don't care at all, and retain no care in the matter.

If you COULD care less, then you are retaining some amount of care in the matter.

Sorry, just had to clear that up...

However, I'm sure you guys COULDN'T care less :)

Alright guys, if you COULDN'T care less, it means you don't care at all, and retain no care in the matter.

If you COULD care less, then you are retaining some amount of care in the matter.

Sorry, just had to clear that up...

However, I'm sure you guys COULDN'T care less :P

Obviously I could care less or I wouldn't care to comment on such matters that I could care less about or else I wouldn't care less about caring about the things I couldn't care less about :blink:

Oh and one more thing that bugs me more than anything about this and there are others out there, is that this is all about political correctness. There are a lot of people in this country that are becoming soft, they are becoming wussies because they are "afraid they will offend someone".

Unless I know who you are, what you're beliefs are and I see you, I am going to say Merry Christmas. If I do know, I am going to be respectful to your belief. If I don't know, and you are not wearing a pin that says, Hi, I'm <insert belief> Don't be offended, if you are, so what, not my problem.

:blink:

The whole political correctness thing is out of control. Thanksgiving is an American holiday. Why does a group (muslims) get "protected status" just because they attacked us?

It's also Day of Proclamation in Mongolia. It's Independance day in Suriname. It's Independence day in Albana and Mauritania. It's Republic Day in Chad. The list goes on.....

The only recognition I will give Islam on Thanksgiving Day is to be thankful that I am not a part of it.

Oh and one more thing that bugs me more than anything about this and there are others out there, is that this is all about political correctness. There are a lot of people in this country that are becoming soft, they are becoming wussies because they are "afraid they will offend someone".

Unless I know who you are, what you're beliefs are and I see you, I am going to say Merry Christmas. If I do know, I am going to be respectful to your belief. If I don't know, and you are not wearing a pin that says, Hi, I'm <insert belief> Don't be offended, if you are, so what, not my problem.

Me too. I celebrate Christmas, so that is what I wish folks. If that offends them, then they have issues they need to address. In the attitude, you can wish me whatever you want, cause I don't care.

People care to much about things that are meaningless.

Ok, here is MY problem with teh whole deal.....

Yes we have freedoms here that other countries don't have. Yes, the Muslims have as much right to celebrate whatever they want, as I do as a Christian.

As far as the BB add though......well....BB took a stance in 2006 as a company not to offend those folks that do not celebrate Christmas, and since 2006 the company policy of BB is to not wish anyone a "Merry Chistmas". This is where my problem lies. It is a matter of ethics. They do not want to upset anyone with a "Merry Christmas", but when folks get upset about a Muslim holiday greeting, it's ok?

No, we are not a Christian only country, but this country, and it's laws are based on Christian priciples.

You do not have to be a Christian to have a Merry Christmas, or to celebrate Christmas. It is just a day that has been set aside to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. For many Christians, it isn't even about gifts and paper and lights and whatnot. Alot of us just go to church, and spend time with family. A very simple day set aside for us.....Of course I have to work every Christmas...so what do I know right?

Best Buy sucks because of prices. Ever since Circuit City went under their prices have gone way up. Was there this week to kill some time, saw a DVD with a "sale price" of $24.99 that I bought on Amazon last week for $16.99 with free shipping.

As for the ad, Im sure it pissed a few people off. Im not upset about it but I think it would be wise for them to not single out any one religion whether it be Christian, Jewish, Muslim, not a smart marketing plan.

Guest HexHead

Yep. People should be more like me. I don't give a **** who I offend. :blink::D:D

I actually like BB,and have always enjoyed just browsing the store.

they have allot of different stuff,and reasonable prices with very friendly staff.

What's not to like there?

The only reason I haven't been there in some time is because of abailey,and HHGregg ;)

As far as them wishing a happy Eid Al Adha...well,I could really care less.

This isn't a Christian only country (anymore). I respect that,and respect others holidays.

It isn't like they left out Thanksgiving,they just added something to it :rolleyes:

Fixed for accuracy

I guess the pilgrims came to "America" for the great scenery.

Guest HexHead

The only recognition I will give Islam on Thanksgiving Day is to be thankful that I am not a part of it.

I'll be putting strips of bacon on my turkey before it goes into the oven in their honor. :rolleyes:

Sorry guys but I love Best Buy,

I spent a bunch of money in the Mt Juliet store today, I bought the LED Samsung 55 inch 240 Hertz with a 4 year protection plan and a whole lot of extras, let me put it this way I saved over $650.00 on the TV alone (price difference in store and online) HH Gregg across the street wanted $1000.00 more than what I paid for my new TV

and I still have several reward zone points coming to me. The only downside is that it will not be delivered and set up until Dec 5th, I also got my little girls a 32 inch HD LCD TV that I just setup it in their room. anyway I am one very satisfied customer :D

Edited by willis68

You do not have to be a Christian to have a Merry Christmas, or to celebrate Christmas.

you were heading in the right direction here then you took a wrong turn.

It is just a day that has been set aside to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.

I celebrate Christmas as a time to give gifts to familly and spend time with them. I doubt I think of christianity all day.

Fixed for accuracy

I guess the pilgrims came to "America" for the great scenery.

This land that is now a country was already inhabited by non christians you may recall. the 110 religous freedom seekers that came here came because their homelands restricted the way in which they worshipped to the way that the rest of their country did. Hmm wonder what that sounds like.

you were heading in the right direction here then you took a wrong turn.

I celebrate Christmas as a time to give gifts to familly and spend time with them. I doubt I think of christianity all day.

regardless of what your opinion is about Christmas or how you or others celebrate it it IS a christian holiday. i really don't care about your beliefs but don't try to change what Christmas is really about and it isn't trees and gifts. our society is so caught up with the commercial side of it but it is about the birth of Jesus Christ. if you don't like it then don't celebrate.

regardless of what your opinion is about Christmas or how you or others celebrate it it IS a christian holiday. i really don't care about your beliefs but don't try to change what Christmas is really about and it isn't trees and gifts. our society is so caught up with the commercial side of it but it is about the birth of Jesus Christ. if you don't like it then don't celebrate.

Or I will continue on as I choose.

Humanism is a perspective common to a wide range of ethical stances that attaches importance to human dignity, concerns, and capabilities, particularly rationality. Although the word has many senses, its meaning comes into focus when contrasted to the supernatural or to appeals to authority.[1][2] Since the nineteenth century, humanism has been associated with an anti-clericalism inherited from the eighteenth-century Enlightenment philosophes. Twenty-first century Humanism tends to strongly endorse human rights, including reproductive rights, gender equality, social justice, and the separation of church and state. The term covers organized non-theistic religions, secular humanism, and a humanistic life stance.[3]

I wasnt familiar with the term so I looked it up.

quite right I must say though.