Am I the only person that remembers CTD ripping us all off?

It seems like more and more people are comfortable ordering from these fear mongering, panic inciting, overpriced dirt bags that tried to overinflate worries about Obama and generally priced everything through the moon. I wont forget the $79 per box .380 and the $40 boxes of 9mm :D I surely wont forget their panic blurbs they put on the front of every magazine...f*ck those a$$holes at "Cheaper than Dirt"...I dont care if they are cheaper then every other retailer online...I would never purchase from them again. *off soapbox*

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am in ft. worth for christmas and just left the actual ctd store and couldn't help but laugh at their ammo prices. $7.97 for wolf 7.62X39, $26+ for the 525 round bulk packs of .22lr that are $16 at wal-mart, $19+ for wwb 9mm 50 round boxes.

cabelas does have 7.62X39 ammo for $4.49 per 20. i picked up a few hundred rounds.

my step-dad did pick up a dpms stripped lower for $99 which ain't bad.

Edited by brooksjr
You only got ripped off if you purchased from them. If they are high don't buy. It's your choice. If they are cheaper than every other retailer online, then you are not getting ripped off.

pretty much how I feel about it too.

No one made you order from them.

You only got ripped off if you purchased from them. If they are high don't buy. It's your choice. If they are cheaper than every other retailer online, then you are not getting ripped off.

Or, we can purchase goods from folks like Hero Gear who didn't try to take advantage of folks during the recent boom. You know, rewarding companies with principles instead of simply trying to save a buck...

Or, we can purchase goods from folks like Hero Gear who didn't try to take advantage of folks during the recent boom. You know, rewarding companies with principles instead of simply trying to save a buck...

Hero-Gear is simply too far away from me for any accessories. I will reward companies when they have the lowest price for the same item, simple as that. It is definitely about saving a buck, as I am far from wealthy!

If you boycott a company that has the lowest price of any internet retailer, then you are ripping yourself off.

Edited by extremescene
Hero-Gear is simply too far away from me for any accessories. I will reward companies when they have the lowest price for the same item, simple as that. It is definitely about saving a buck, as I am far from wealthy!

If you boycott a company that has the lowest price of any internet retailer, then you are ripping yourself off... I guess you still have your pride though.

I have a $9,000 rolex that I will sell you for $500. It is real, it is the lowest price out there. Don't worry about where it came from..

The problem with CTD is their unethical business practices. During the first few months after Obama got elected, they ran adds that used scare tactics of "Get it why you can" "Shortages, but we have limited available" type advertising to scare people into buying items at extremely increased sale prices. If you chose to do business with unethical business, that is your business, but I think most people on here try to avoid those types at all costs.

Guest bkelm18

I bought from CTD before they went crazy during the election. Never got ripped off by them. But it was extremely obvious they were trying to profit with the fear mongering surrounding the election and I have since refused to deal with them anymore. Plain and simple.

Guest Gun Geek
but I think most people on here try to avoid those types at all costs.

I know I do, I was definitely upset at businesses who did this. Not just CTD, but all that participated in that kind of advertising and price gouging. And those that did it, wont receive my business ever again. Its more than pride, its about keeping reputable, honest companies in business and letting those that have, lets just say less than honorable practices, fade away.

The problem with CTD is their unethical business practices. During the first few months after Obama got elected, they ran adds that used scare tactics of "Get it why you can" "Shortages, but we have limited available" type advertising to scare people into buying items at extremely increased sale prices. If you chose to do business with unethical business, that is your business, but I think most people on here try to avoid those types at all costs.

This is/was my main problem with them. And I didnt let them rip me off...I didnt buy anything from them, but at the same time im not going to compromise my pride to save $.02 per round I have quite the long memory and I dont forget when people try to f*ck me.

I know I do, I was definitely upset at businesses who did this. Not just CTD, but all that participated in that kind of advertising and price gouging. And those that did it, wont receive my business ever again. Its more than pride, its about keeping reputable, honest companies in business and letting those that have, lets just say less than honorable practices, fade away.

Big +1

Guest Gun Geek
This is/was my main problem with them. And I didnt let them rip me off...I didnt buy anything from them, but at the same time im not going to compromise my pride to save $.02 per round I have quite the long memory and I dont forget when people try to f*ck me.

:D

exactly what is a tat, where do I find one, and how do I trade it for the other thing?

Tit for tat... Let me see if I can help you out here:

Here's both. Hopefully, you can figure out which is which. :D

titsntats.jpg

As for how to acquire or trade one for the other... well, you're on your own there.

Good luck in your quest.

J.

I have a $9,000 rolex that I will sell you for $500. It is real, it is the lowest price out there. Don't worry about where it came from..

Are you saying that CTD sells fake items? If so, that is a blatant ripoff, but I haven't heard of this before. I beleive they are selling genuine products but if this is not true, please share your experience.

Are you saying that CTD sells fake items? If so, that is a blatant ripoff, but I haven't heard of this before. I beleive they are selling genuine products but if this is not true, please share your experience.

Never said they were fake, but exploiting peoples fears and promoting untruth's are just as bad. Maybe not the best comparison, but if your read the whole post, you get the idea.

Edited by db99wj
Is it just me or does it appear like her throat has been cut. Sorry to go off topic but it was the second thing I noticed.

You were looking at her throat??? :D

After looking again, and at a different area this time, I have to say that yes, she does appear to have had some surgery, or a piercing gone wrong, or some other less-than-pleasant encounter with a sharp object. :D

One can only hope it wasn't a shaving accident....

J.