Springfield XD SC

Justbo1901

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XD SC9 was actually the 3rd heater I bought to carry. The other two are fine pieces and I'll always keep them, but the XD is it, been toting it daily for about a year and a half. After I started carrying it, they upped the flush mag design to hold 13 instead of 10, so it got even better.

Just about any XD discussion will eventually involve the grip safety. It was a big plus for my decision to go with it.

tt1.jpg

Chunky little sucker, like all double stacks, and weighs exactly two pounds loaded with 13+1. If one is comfy carrying 6 or 7 +1 there are lighter and thinner options, but this baby just feels solid and comfy to me. Really built. Unlike many small carry options that are made to be carried much and shot little, the XD SC is a pleasure to shoot.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
add'l info

Great choice. I am on my third XD (early in my gun life, I sold things quickly) and I regret getting rid of my first two. Some fantastic pistols and you can't go wrong with them.

And since Oh Shoot mentioned it, I have never understood people arguing against the grip safety. If you hold the gun properly, you don't even notice that the safety is there.

G26 baby.

I've carried both, and I think both have their strengths. I like the XD for the ergonomics, trigger, and capacity, but I like the G26 because (and this might be my imagination) it's a tiny bit easier to conceal, I like that it has fewer parts than the XD, and I'm a little bit more accurate with the G26.

Honestly - I would carry either one, both are excellent guns. And for me, it seriously came down to which one I could find in stock first. I had a hard time finding either in stock for about 4 weeks. I ended up seeing a G26 in stock and I just nabbed it.

Again, can't go wrong with the XD, it's an amazing gun.

I like mine. It's easy and comfortable to shoot. It conceals easily.

The XD SC was my first handgun purchase since the Clinton Administration...think how long ago THAT was. :tough: And I hadn't shot handguns in several months. I rented the XD at a local range and liked it so much, that I changed my mind from getting another handgun to getting the XD.

OS said it well.

SA XDs/c is also my EDC(.40S&W).

It ultimately comes down to what feels right to you.

That being said I LOVE MINE. Great feel, & build. I love the ready to go design, as well as the backstrap safety (works great unless you're looking for a case of GLOCK ARSE:cool:, or maybe trying to squeeze off a few rounds with you're pinky toe)

Also don't let people tell you the fotee cal:D is uncontrollable, IMO as that is not the case. I find the recoil VERY Manageable. Put em right where I want em. Every time. Never had ANY ISSUES with mine.

Good luck in whichever direction you choose.

I love mine and highly recommend it. I have owned many Glocks and I feel like the XD is as accurate and better ergonomically (for me anyway........don't want to start war with the Glock guys or anything......;):up:). I was very surprised at how accurate a 3" sidearm can be...............almost as accurate as the full size. Keep in mind that this is not a pocket gun in my opinion (thickness and weight issue)...........if you are looking for something to carrry in your pocket then look at the Ruger LCP or something along that lines or buy both :D.

Can't go wrong with the xd/sc! I've had one in 9mm for about a year and love it. VERY accurate. Easy to hold and shoot. And I too like the grip safety. I've been getting into 1911's for the last few years so I don't really notice it. I'm into my third xd now and haven't found anything that holds and shoots better. Except maybe my SA LT Operator in 45.

Anyway, got off track. My father-in-law was given an xdsc 9 for his birthday last year and he, his son, and I went out to shoot it and several other guns that day. I didn't get really impressed until I shot it. I was stunned at the accuracy from that little 3'' gun. And the feel was great. We went to several shops that afternoon until I found one. Took it home that day. Great little gun.

Great choice. I am on my third XD (early in my gun life, I sold things quickly) and I regret getting rid of my first two. Some fantastic pistols and you can't go wrong with them.

And since Oh Shoot mentioned it, I have never understood people arguing against the grip safety. If you hold the gun properly, you don't even notice that the safety is there.

I have an xd 40 bitone that I carry daily. I like it. It is definitely an upgrade from the sigma. I used to have a sigma 40ve and it doesnt hold a candle to the xd.

Amazing how many parallels you find here. I'm also on my third XD (technically, two XD's and an XDm). I still have an XD9sc and XDm in .40. I got into XD's after getting rid of my Sigma, which as Alpha so aptly put it, doesn't hold a candle to the XD. In all fairness, it's a couple hundred dollars cheaper, so what do you expect?

OhShoot, what type of holster is in your pic? I have been thinking about IWB, and that looks like a nice one.

XD SC9 was actually the 3rd heater I bought to carry. The other two are fine pieces and I'll always keep them, but the XD is it, been toting it daily for about a year and a half. After I started carrying it, they upped the flush mag design to hold 13 instead of 10, so it got even better.

Just about any XD discussion will eventually involve the grip safety. It was a big plus for my decision to go with it.

tt1.jpg

Chunky little sucker, like all double stacks, and weighs exactly two pounds loaded with 13+1. If one is comfy carrying 6 or 7 +1 there are lighter and thinner options, but this baby just feels solid and comfy to me. Really built. Unlike many small carry options that are made to be carried much and shot little, the XD SC is a pleasure to shoot.

- OS

more info on this holster please. have a g27 that is about what im looking for.

OhShoot, what type of holster is in your pic? I have been thinking about IWB, and that looks like a nice one.

It is. TT Gunleather. The Slim Uncle Mike's Special version, "slim" means no trim, "Uncle Mike's" has little more cant. Under $100 delivered, but took six months to get, though.

D.M. Bullard another of my top pics (avatar).

I only ordered the TT 'cause I always wanted to try a quality one with leather belt loops, didn't like the Broomeland I handled and, yep, turns out I like them better.

Guess I oughtta change the avatar.

- OS

sorry for the thread hijack. thanks ohshoot.

now back on topic.

i love the springfield xd line. have the 45 compact and it is the best shooting gun i own.its a little big for every day carry though. decided it was time for a subcompact and the xds did not feel right to me in the small package. went with a glock 27. best advice is go to a gun shop look around and hold everything in the store. its all about what fits best in your hand.

Amazing how many parallels you find here. I'm also on my third XD (technically, two XD's and an XDm). I still have an XD9sc and XDm in .40. I got into XD's after getting rid of my Sigma, which as Alpha so aptly put it, doesn't hold a candle to the XD. In all fairness, it's a couple hundred dollars cheaper, so what do you expect?

Dont get me wrong I enjoyed the sigma while I had it and even used it to qualify with my hcp. Anyone who ever said sigmas arent accurate apparently dont know how to shoot correctly.

now back on topic.

i love the springfield xd line. have the 45 compact and it is the best shooting gun i own.its a little big for every day carry though. decided it was time for a subcompact and the xds did not feel right to me in the small package. went with a glock 27. best advice is go to a gun shop look around and hold everything in the store. its all about what fits best in your hand.

If fondling guns was a crime id be a registered gun molester.

now back on topic.

I personally own and regularly shoot both the XDSC-40 and the G27 and to be quite honest they are probably my two favorite guns to shoot at the range. Either would be a great gun, and yes I know they are both .40 and not 9mm but I would think the comparison would be the similar. Not trying to start an XD vs Glock battle as I really enjoy them both, but I, for whatever reason, seem to be a little more consistent with the G27. Would I buy another XD-SC if one came around that I liked? Absolutely. It's a great shooter.

The XD-40 SC is what I carry everyday IWB. Great gun. Grip safety is a plus.

The DM Bullard Dual carry holster (OS's avatar pic) is super comfortable. I think having a metal lined belt also helps me not notice that I am carrying this around all the time. I don't even feel it 98% of the time.

Highly recommend the XD-SC in 40.