DB380

Steelharp

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't want it.

If I were to buy a .380, it would be for the small size.

Not sure why they left all that "plastic" on the back strap area.

I can't say I blame them on copying the "Glock" pattern.

As we know the Glock design is proven. So they didn't have to do alot of R&D.

All they have to do is produce and sell.

Guest Todd@CIS
Well, I don't want it.

If I were to buy a .380, it would be for the small size.

Yeah, if I want a 380, it's not gonna be the size of my G26...whas the point?

Am I missing something?

It's almost identical in size and weight to the KT P-3AT.

DB380

H 3.77"

W .75"

L 5.2"

Weight 8.8oz

P-3AT

H 3.5"

W .77"

L 5.2"

Weight 8.3oz

DSC00088.JPG

Thanks for posting Steelharp.

Edited by Todd@CIS
Guest Tenngunner
Any bets on how long before Gaston sues 'em?

Not too likely, really-the patent on Glock's design ran out, about a year-or-two ago. That's why so many 'copy-cats' since then.

Todd:

You might have a potential (suit) there, but again-doubtful-the internals sound a lot different. Most people who go into manufacturing these days consider that possibility, even in the concept/design stages. This company has some CNC machinery, so I highly doubt it's Joe and Stumpy working off their back porch in the swamplands of Fla. ;>)

Thank you, sir-for the posting.

Edited by Tenngunner
Added content.
Guest Todd@CIS

Todd:

Quote:

You might have a potential (suit) there, but again-doubtful-the internals sound a lot different. Most people who go into manufacturing these days consider that possibility, even in the concept/design stages. This company has some CNC machinery, so I highly doubt it's Joe and Stumpy working off their back porch in the swamplands of Fla. ;>)

You missed the point of my entire post.

It was obviously a response to the people that I quoted in the same post.

But thanks for the lesson on Joe and Stumpy's back porch.

;>)

Edited by Todd@CIS
Guest Tenngunner

Todd:

You missed the point of my entire post.

OK-apologies, then-it's rather hard to get a 'sense' of things, sometimes-on these boards. I was referring back to the original post, more so than yours. Just making some comparisons to the competition/design clues. It's an interesting weapon, but would have to be pretty super-duper to compete with the other same-size .380s-unless their 'target' is more along the lines of the Kahr, for example. The $400 SRP is a bit pricey/suspicious.

I know you didn't mention a suit, so I wasn't implying that you did-just used your mention of KT to refer back to the original thread (opening) comment.

I saw one of these at the gunshow a couple weeks ago. I'd never seen or heard of Diamondback so I didn't know what to think about it. It seems to me the guy was asking $400 for it.

I'm interested in hearing anyone's first hand experience with it.

I saw one of these at the gunshow a couple weeks ago. I'd never seen or heard of Diamondback so I didn't know what to think about it. It seems to me the guy was asking $400 for it.

I'm interested in hearing anyone's first hand experience with it.

My new DB380 arrived today. I'll probably be shooting it tomorrow. :)

I will post the results.

Well.. This is an official first believe it or not. I have a 100% bonified jam-o-matic here. I really like the way this thing feels and shoots. the recoil is much easier on ya then a P3AT or LCP but.... I've tried one hand, two hands, WWB and magtech guardian gold +p JHP (that's all I have at the moment) and the sucker will barely get through a mag without a FTF/FTE

official jam-o-matic boys and girls.......

just got off the phone with diamondback and she's going back for repair. Hopefully they'll work out all the bugs becasue it's a really nice pocket gun.

Anyway.. I'll keep ya posted.

Well.. This is an official first believe it or not. I have a 100% bonified jam-o-matic here. I really like the way this thing feels and shoots. the recoil is much easier on ya then a P3AT or LCP but.... I've tried one hand, two hands, WWB and magtech guardian gold +p JHP (that's all I have at the moment) and the sucker will barely get through a mag without a FTF/FTE

official jam-o-matic boys and girls.......

just got off the phone with diamondback and she's going back for repair. Hopefully they'll work out all the bugs becasue it's a really nice pocket gun.

Anyway.. I'll keep ya posted.

good to hear the report, looking forward to seeing how their CS is and if it gets fixed

• Admin Team
are you sure it was the gun not the shooter?

There were two buddies shooting in two different lanes. One had the DB, one had a G17. Both seemed to shoot the G17 fine. Neither could seem to hit anything consistently with the DB - one of the shooters was definitely better than the other, but neither posted great results. It reminded me of a little Tomcat .25 a friend of mine used to have - he could go through a whole box of rounds at 15 meters and maybe put one on target.

Sorry to hear about the FTF/FTE issues, Lowbud. There is nothing more frustrating than getting something new, only to have it fail to work reliably. Let us know about their customer service and follow up on fixing the issues.

There were two buddies shooting in two different lanes. One had the DB, one had a G17. Both seemed to shoot the G17 fine. Neither could seem to hit anything consistently with the DB - one of the shooters was definitely better than the other, but neither posted great results. It reminded me of a little Tomcat .25 a friend of mine used to have - he could go through a whole box of rounds at 15 meters and maybe put one on target.

Sorry to hear about the FTF/FTE issues, Lowbud. There is nothing more frustrating than getting something new, only to have it fail to work reliably. Let us know about their customer service and follow up on fixing the issues.

yeah.. the tech on the phone was like I don't think it's the gun. I replied with well, maybe not. but I shoot the same ammo and use the same hands/wrists in/on the P3AT and Ruger LCP and never NEVER had this issue with either, and I have had several...

He then replied with well if you want to send er in we'll have a look at it.

So we'll see how it goes. I'm really not frustrated. I sorta expect these things out of a new company and new firearm. They may have gone to market just a little too quick.

However the reviews are mixed.. some good, some bad. I wish I had other ammo to try before sending it off. oh well...

yeah.. the tech on the phone was like I don't think it's the gun. I replied with well, maybe not. but I shoot the same ammo and use the same hands/wrists in/on the P3AT and Ruger LCP and never NEVER had this issue with either, and I have had several...

He then replied with well if you want to send er in we'll have a look at it.

So we'll see how it goes. I'm really not frustrated. I sorta expect these things out of a new company and new firearm. They may have gone to market just a little too quick.

However the reviews are mixed.. some good, some bad. I wish I had other ammo to try before sending it off. oh well...

Thanks for letting everyone know about this... I saw one of these at a dealer a few months ago and I was tempted. I like the idea of a true "pocket gun" but I've not found one I like enough to actually put down cash for.