You First Shotgun

Chief07

Stevens 16 ga double. I think it is a mod 530a. My dad bought it new in the fifties I think. He was a big rabbit hunter back then. I don't think this gun has a SN. He gave it to me around 1968. It is still a great shotgun. I still have it and will have it until I turn it over to one of my sons.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Single shot 410 shotgun, don't remember name.

First Auto, a year or so after the 410, was a Remington Model 11, with a Browning Bar Pat style receiver. From what I remember, they were built for John Browning before he launched Browning. It was my grandfathers, my fathers, than mine to be passed on one day. Need to do a history on it.

It is a 20 guage, it looks like this one, not as good of shape. Mine also had a twist choke on the end of the barrel.

attachment.php?attachmentid=202038&stc=1&d=1225847514

Number 1.Mossberg 20 gauge 3 round bolt action with Poly Choke. Still have it. Took a few rabbits and pheasants with it.

Number 2. 20 gauge 870 Wingmaster vented rib, 3 inch mid 70s. It has taken dove, quail, duck, pheasant and chukar. Still have it. There isn't anything you can't do with it.

Number 3. A5 Belgium Browning. I couldn't stand to take out in the field. It's in the safe and looking like new.

In 1996 my folks got me a Remington 870 LW Magnum 20ga. Beautiful, smooth, sweet shooting gun. It's still in my safe and will remain in my family for eternity. It's killed most of the usual small game hunted in East TN, powdered thousands of clays, and given me hours of enjoyment along side my loved ones. It's probably why I have a must buy obsession with 870s.

Mine was a Mossberg 500A 24barrel camo pattern. Bought it when I was 18 sold it when I was tight on cash. I still have the first 12g hull I ever fired though S&B 00buck. Wish I had it back I never even cleaned it while I had it ran like a champ with any cheap shell.

Mossberg 500 Persuader, 12 gauge.

Early January.

The first shotgun I got to shoot was a nameless over-under .22WMR/20 gauge. And then a Fox (Savage) BSE Model H SxS 20 gauge.

• 1 year later...

to be honest i don't know what make the gun is but my first shotgun was my great great grandpas its a old double barrel 4-10 it was givin to my dad at age 17 and i got it when he past in 2007 its in my uncles gun safe i will check and see and post what exactly it is

It was actually my dad's shotgun that he gave me. A model 97 Winchester, 12 gauge, modified to shoot skeet: opened up to I.C. (marked as modified choke), recoil pad to make it a little longer, riffled barrel, trigger work... probabily about 3 - 4 lbs. but I never checked it). My cousin got it when I joined the Navy... I REALLY need to find him and get it back!