Weather UPDATE

Raoul

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nutcase you just drop me a line in the morning we are at 4"+ and I cant see my trucks.

we will be sleding or tubing down the hill tomorrow.fill frre to cotact me just dont be embarrest if Im in my underware.Im a little redneck see and dont much care if I embarase the neighbors.

CJR OUT

Sounds like a good youtube :tough:

Some time after 12:00 we got 4-5. From what little I can see the Airport road is not too bad.

Memphis is covered with black ice since the sun has gone down, there will be ton of wrecks tonight. I went and got food and it was interesting driving....especially stopping!

I LIKE DOING DONUTS!!!!!

Here in Tellico Village Loudon County we lost power for about 4 hours last night due to tree limbs.

I learned my house looses about one degree per hour at 32 degrees. :)

Finally got to drag out all the LED lanterns for awhile.

26 so far tonight and a few pellets. A Loudon County Plow just went by, the first I have seen.

This will all be over soon. Cracks another beer.

Watched seven movies today.

Guest jackdm3

Went to La Delicias, and Paradiso Movies. Saw "Leap Year" for the lady. Totally formulaic. "Edge of Darkness" with Mel Gibson creeping back into the limelight. And "Extraordinary Measures" with Harrison Ford. Formulaic Lifetime TV-type crap shot on crap-TV-quality video. The wrong medium for movies. Easy drive home.

Saw something today that I never would've guessed would happen in a million years: Three snowmobiles tearing down the middle of my road, flying past the house... :hyper:

Didn't know there was even one of the damned things in this area, much less three of 'em.

Summer ain't gonna get here soon enough....

J.

Saw something today that I never would've guessed would happen in a million years: Three snowmobiles tearing down the middle of my road, flying past the house... :hyper:

Didn't know there was even one of the damned things in this area, much less three of 'em.

J.

Musta been some of them there outatowners.

I did actually see a snowmobile in someones garage a few months ago.

Boy, do I miss a good day of snowmobiling. One of the very few things I miss about the north.

Musta been some of them there outatowners.

I hope so, 'cause I see too many more of 'em, and I may have to move...

( I've always said I would never live anywhere that snowmobiling, skiing, or dog sledding were major pass-times. )

J.

Saw something today that I never would've guessed would happen in a million years: Three snowmobiles tearing down the middle of my road, flying past the house... :lol:

J.

Just how far north of Nashville are you? :stare:

Snowmobiles in Tennessee...wow.

Guest Jcochran88
Saw something today that I never would've guessed would happen in a million years: Three snowmobiles tearing down the middle of my road, flying past the house... :lol:

J.

Only time I have ever seen one around here a buddy of mine had it and we played in the mud not snow. He moved down here from Minnesota.

Had about 6-8 inches of snow fall Friday afternoon up on Flattop Mountain. Had to take Polaris Ranger about a mile down our low traffic, secondary road to pick up my grown daughter who couldn't get to our homes due to four vehicles in the road and/or ditch blocking the road. Snow coming down heavily. Also took one man home about a half a mile away because his vehicle couldn't get up a hill. Fun ride back home with the daughter in a Ranger with no windshield and heavy snow. Wrapped daughter up in one of my extra heavy coats and a blanket over her head for the ride home. I will put the windshield in the Ranger this week.

Ice and sleet fell Friday night. Covered everything. Electricity went out about 3 AM Saturday morning. Just got electricity back on again at 1:30 PM today (Sunday). Ice just starting to fall off of trees.

It sure is fun living on a mountain.

Superposed

Just got back from clarksville. the sun really did the roads good today. All highways were clear and secondary roads are in good shape too. My gravel road is still covered but everything esle is passable by just about anything.

Guest Sgt. Joe

Jackson made 37 today, and nothing else fell. Just got warm enough to slush things up real good. But then dropped quickly starting about 4PM......it is now 25 and temp. still falling.

All snow and or ice is still on ground and should be pretty froze solid in AM.

I have not ventured out to check main roads but live on a highly traveled secondary road and it is still a slushy mess.

This storm and last years early Mar one are the only times I have seen people drive anywhere near the speed limit on our road, they have been in creep mode all day.

Schools are closed again for tomorrow, except ours which is at home, the kids are not so happy about that.:)

I really hope we get temps high enough to at least melt the stuff off the roads as I will have no choice but to get out in the next few days.

Front wheel drive van does not do well on ice, not that many vehicles do but these are times I wish I had a 4 wheel drive jeep.

I also noticed the radar images seemed to be a few hours behind yest, odd as the NHC ones are usually right on, but yest they were showing all clear while it was still falling last night.

YOU BET TGO ROCKS......If ya cant find it here ya probably dont need to know it:p