Doctors Office Posted

Went to my doctors office today for a check up and there was a sign on the door saying no firearms allowed. Not the legal sign though. He is part of the Summit Group. The office next to him is also in the Summit Group and it was also posted.

After we were finished I told my doctor that it was not a legal sign He smiled and walked away. The whole thing is starting to get to me.

Bob T

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Now they will go find a 'legal' sign.

Mission accomplished.:cheers:

Ya, agreed.

But, smile sounds like might have been rather enigmatic, doc could maybe know the score. Like maybe sign mandated by the corporation, but he hip on the law, knows it isn't compliant. No way to know.

My doc (large partner place + walk in clinic) has a simple "no concealed weapons" sign. So yeah, I've been tempted to OC there. :blush:

But have decided not to mention it at all. I usually have a pack with me, so I put heater in pack, and carry it in; matter of fact, last two times I've been by there, I've been on foot. I generally have to take shirt off anyway, so why make it a blatant issue?

Don't ask, don't tell applies in majority of places I go.

- OS

Yeah,

I was up at Rhea Medical center the other day and it had the sign incorrectly posted but I didnt run to ken croom (head honcho) and say hey dude your sign is posted incorrectly here is how it should be posted or at least close to this.

PURSUANT TO 脗搂 TCA 39-17-1359, THE OWNER/OPERATOR OF THIS PROPERTY HAS BANNED WEAPONS ON THIS PROPERTY, OR WITHIN THIS BUILDING OR THIS PORTION OF THIS BUILDING. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS PROHIBITION IS PUNISHABLE AS A CRIMINAL ACT UNDER STATE LAW AND MAY SUBJECT THE VIOLATOR TO A FINE OF NOT MORE THAN FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500).

Guest manofsteel

Last time I was at the cookeville Hospital it was posted at the ER entrance.Their were no sings or posting at the main doors. So I go in the main entrance that way im good to go.

One time I saw my doc walking into a gun show. On my next visit we talked about the show, told him I reloaded and found out he did too, ask me if I had carry permit and said he was going to soon take his. He told me he was at the point to where he trusted no one these days. Hum......sounds familiar, even the elite professional types are getting the picture. Good for him, don't think his office post, didn't notice and they are part of Summit Medical Group.

Guest mikedwood

My doctors office is part of Summit Medical but I get the feeling that my doctor and his nurse are cool with guns. Last time I was thier his nurse found out I was from Oak Ridge and we talked about ORSA for quite awhile. Her and her jusband go there a alot she said :love:

I believe a lot of times it is corporate policy or the policy of someone who has some control and a " No firearms " sign is put up even though it is known to be a non-legal binding sign.

If you see one of these signs just keep quiet and stay out of trouble. No need to push this into someones face and get a correct sign posted.

Don't ask, Don't tell !

Edited by DWARREN123

Thanks to the newspaper over in Memphis, I have a list of everyone that has their permit. I discovered my old doctor and his wife have their permit, and therefore will be visiting them again when I need to. Also noticed a few of the local lawyers on the list if I were ever to need their services. I know a lot of people hate the fact of it being a public list, but am thinking that shopping for firearm friendly places around my local town, it is pretty handy.

I wouldn't tell anyone. I briefcase or something is good at the DR if you have to take X Rays or something. I don't care for anyone but a select few to know that I carry a gun. It is none of my DR's business.

Guest mustangdave

LOL...It never ceases to amaze me how WE try so hard to shoot ourselves in the foot. You see an improper posting shut the hell up...90% of the SHEEPLE don't know the difference. IF it wigs you out that they "might" be anti 2A...just cease patronising the place...no explaining needed....no need to continually add fuel to the anti's fire.

I work at one of the big hospitals in Chattanooga, the entrances are all incorrectly marked but Im sure as Hell not going to be the one to tell the idiots about it. It makes me smile inside everytime I was past their little no guns sign.

Edited by pitt2magic
Guest spoolie

My doctor has saved my life...I'm not losing her and going through the hassle to find another good doc that my insurance will pay for. And the office is improperly posted, but I'll just leave it in the car for the 30-45 mins 4 times per year.

You've got to pick and choose your battles...yes it's legal, but the hospital police will hassle the hell out of you and the doc may cancel/drop you for the problems. Not worth it in that situation....especially if you have a great doctor.

Guest mustangdave
My doctor has saved my life...I'm not losing her and going through the hassle to find another good doc that my insurance will pay for. And the office is improperly posted, but I'll just leave it in the car for the 30-45 mins 4 times per year.

You've got to pick and choose your battles...yes it's legal, but the hospital police will hassle the hell out of you and the doc may cancel/drop you for the problems. Not worth it in that situation....especially if you have a great doctor.

BINGO...We have a WINNER