When to use deadly force

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3

Anybody wonder why a crowbar was sitting under the newsbox? It must really be his corner. Seems almost staged. Reminds me of that comment a few threads back about how a crowd of people won't do anything, but you add a camera to the mix, and it's on! I'd nail him at my window. Forget which option that was. "THUG LIFE!"

Guest jackdm3
soon as that sob got at the drivers window he would have been blasted with several rounds. at that point it is justified in my opinion.

I really want to see the silly sumbitch that thinks it's not.

Guest mac_05evo
It's a really old video. Looks like North St. Louis, so a little gunfire wouldn't be considered unnusual. Neither would a dead crackhead. One of my cousins was a cop in that neighborhood for years.

That's in Las Vegas.

This is why you don't ever let yourself get trapped at a traffic light. You ALWAYS have an escape route. If that means not being in the middle lane, then that's what you have to do. EVERY TIME. Situational awareness is not optional.

Until the thug gained access to the interior of the vehicle, the driver's life was not in imminent danger. Leaving an escape route and using it would have been the most prudent course of action.

I think any of you who would shoot through the window just might find yourself up on a murder charge. Never underestimate the stupidity or ignorance of the 12 who will judge you.

Guest broncobuddha

Yep, as soon as he started on the windows (any of them) that's your cue to run him over or shoot him. Or both.

Unfortunately, this was a parking lot and there's probably going to be a car or two in front of you trying to turn onto a busy street like that. Can't help it if someone gets in line behind you. Key is to leave enough room in front to maneuver around if necessary.

Coming at me wielding that hammer, the first swing at my car or myself, I would fire until he fell and didn't get up. with no provocation, isn't that justified?

Thats when OFFENSIVE driving comes into play. After that, call Humane Control and tell them to come scrape the dead animal from the road. :)

If you've ever been to Vegas, then you would know that it's not possible to have an "escape route" at every street light, stop sign, and side alley. There are just too many billboards, light poles, hookers, hecklers, tourists, and cars. It's easy to say "always have an escape route", but when trying to navigate the hectic and congested roads of an insanely populous city - it's just not possible. my2cents

soon as that sob got at the drivers window he would have been blasted with several rounds. at that point it is justified in my opinion.

The only thing holding me back from shooting at him through my window is the fact that there are people in cars right behind him, and if you miss(you will miss) or the bullets go through him then your facing a lot of liability.... I personally would have done everything possible to run his ass over....

Lots of real tough talk on here. Have those of you who say you would blast the guy even thought about the aftermath and the legal implications? If you haven't, you better.

DaddyO, if he was coming at me, I don't think it's tough talk. I'm not going to let some crazy do something like that to me or my family or property. Of course I would try to avoid a conflict, but if can't, I would defend myself. Be stupid not to.

I've been close enough to conflicts to usually stay away

from areas that they occur, but things like the guy in the video, how do you deal with that? Call it what you wish.

If he has a weapon or is bigger than me and is acting

aggressively towards me, without my knowing why, yes

I will have to defend myself. Why do you think we're talking about this? We must be a bunch of badass gun toting rednecks. No, I value my life. Do I want to hurt

anyone? No! But don't come at me with a damned

hammer in your hand swinging it and cussing. Touch my car with your hammer and test that theory if you wish.

I'm not thinking about the aftermath while this is happening. I'm staying alive and that's what I will tell the cop.

DaddyO, if he was coming at me, I don't think it's tough talk. I'm not going to let some crazy do something like that to me or my family or property. Of course I would try to avoid a conflict, but if can't, I would defend myself. Be stupid not to.

I've been close enough to conflicts to usually stay away

from areas that they occur, but things like the guy in the video, how do you deal with that? Call it what you wish.

If he has a weapon or is bigger than me and is acting

aggressively towards me, without my knowing why, yes

I will have to defend myself. Why do you think we're talking about this? We must be a bunch of badass gun toting rednecks. No, I value my life. Do I want to hurt

anyone? No! But don't come at me with a damned

hammer in your hand swinging it and cussing. Touch my car with your hammer and test that theory if you wish.

I'm not thinking about the aftermath while this is happening. I'm staying alive and that's what I will tell the cop.

Frankly, there are some here who talk like BA rednecks and I don't get the impression that they have the foggiest notion of the responsibility that comes with the carry permit and the weapon.

When you have nothing between you and him, no door, no glass, and there's no room to escape, and you GENUINELY FEAR FOR YOUR LIFE, then it's justified. Not just because he messed up your car. Last time I checked, you can't drop someone just because they are destroying your property.

If you kill him and the police or the jury determines that you were not in imminent danger of losing your life, then get ready to say hello to Bubba in your new jail cell.