The New Midway Catalog Arrived!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine yesterday. I actually got a personal e-mail from Larry when I fussed about them being out of bullets and primers last summer.

It’s true, we are having trouble keeping items on the shelves, particularly reloading components, anything that might be affected by another “assault weapons” ban and loaded ammo. I think this is due to a combination of factors, including wartime demand for munitions that are made on the same assembly lines as commercial ammunition, the meteoric rise in raw materials that have raised ammunition prices so high that there is an influx of new reloaders buying more reloading equipment than the factories projected and course the big reason, the recent election that has a lot of shooters very concerned. The factories have all added additional shifts and are operating at capacity, but the demand does not seem to be slowing down. If everyone would just buy what they need, we could get thru these shortages quickly, but people are upset they can’t get ammo like they usually do, so they are making the problem worse by trying to stock up even more. Please accept my apology for the lack of stock, and I appreciate your patience as the supply lines catch up with demand. I am sorry I can’t give you a reliable arrival date on primers; we have them on order is all I can verify. The arrival dates keep getting pushed back, or we just get partial orders. I suspect they are being diverted to make more loaded ammo, as the factories make more money on that then they do components. It is troubling to me that we are a nation of over 60 million gunowners and 14 million hunters, yet membership in the NRA hovers around four million. Instead of panic buying in fear that politicians are going to infringe on our rights, we need to get our heads out of the sand and join the NRA. We need to use the political process to make our voices heard, and until we organize and do that, I think we will always have the danger of politicians trying to ban guns.

Thanks for Your Business,

Larry Potterfield

President/CEO

MidwayUSA

NRA Benefactor Member

I like doing business with them!

Edited by Worriedman

I got mine Monday as well, and received my first shipment of 2010 from them yesterday. For me their website has been great, but you still can't beat being able to thumb through a catalog and see pictures of things you didn't realize you needed. When I go online, I generally only look at specific things that I need, where with the catalog I'm looking at everything for every gun. My g/f has been making fun of me because I've been getting in bed early just so I can lay there and look through the catalog every night. It's great to get a catalog this size that is full of color pictures. It's kinda like the old Sears Christmas catalogs that I use to love to look at when I was a kid. Only thing different now is the type of toys I'm looking at.

If they backorder anything, you can sometimes expect it to take several months to come in, but other than that I love dealing with them.

Edited by MCSCOTT