So a guy with a HCP drives up to a convenience store.

So a guy with a HCP drives up to a convenience store. He notices the properly displayed “No Guns†signs and leaves his gun in the car.

He goes into the store to purchase some beer to drink when he gets home.

While at the beer cooler a BG enters the store and attempts to rob the place with a gun.

The owner of the store, the one who posted the “No Guns†signs has a shotgun behind the counter.

The only person in the store without a gun is the person with a permit.

Does this seem wrong to anyone?

This can't be right. Something has to change.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exactly why HCP holders shoudn't have any restrictions on where they can carry their weapons. I don't see that happening because way too many people think guns don't belong in specific places. :)

well unless your a bg and don't give a :)

Guns are everywhere. bg's are everywhere. why can't we protect ourselves everywhere.

This is why many say that will not patronize a place they can not carry.

There must be another beer store in the area that is not posted.

My exact sentiments. If they don't want me to be armed in their establishment, then they don't deserve my business. I'll patronize other businesses that respect my right to defend myself.

The business owner has the right to ban weapons from his property.

The only way that the state can take away his right is to acknowledge that a citizen has a right to carry under the 2nd amendment of the Constitution. And that is not going to happen.

If you don’t feel safe; don’t go in.

Man, if I were to try to find a sign like that on the front of a convenience store, I would be there all day. Seriously, there are hundreds of signs on the store fronts of convenience stores, I ain't read'n all dat.

But anyway, never seen one posted, it isn't right, but it is the law that we must follow. And yes, just go across the street and buy.

Edited by db99wj
Me either.

In fact in the years since the 39-17-1359 law was passed I can count on less that one hand all the even close to proper signs I have seen anywhere.

I've only seen a couple, Baptist East Hospital Women's, and Huey's and one other place that I recall.

So a guy with a HCP drives up to a convenience store. He notices the properly displayed “No Guns†signs and leaves his gun in the car.

While at the beer cooler a BG enters the store and attempts to rob the place with a gun.

The owner of the store, the one who posted the “No Guns†signs has a shotgun behind the counter.

The guy with the HCP should call a time out and show the other two guys the sign on the front door. Obviously they didn't read it.:hiding:

Guest bowfish12

Are you talking about Rise and Shine on 149 or Papa Rock in Dover? I've asked employees at both of those stores why they have the sign up and it was to keep the BG's from robbing them.:hiding: And they felt that a HCP holder could be just as crazy and come in there shooting up the place.

It's called file suit against the store owner for the emotional distress for being held up without access to your firearm for protection.

Him having a firearm in the store for protection will weaken any arguments against carry, my guess in this state, they'd want to avoid a jury trial and would settle.

Businesses who post will only stop doing so when they realize it hurts their pocket books.

Are you talking about Rise and Shine on 149 or Papa Rock in Dover? I've asked employees at both of those stores why they have the sign up and it was to keep the BG's from robbing them.:rock: And they felt that a HCP holder could be just as crazy and come in there shooting up the place.

Rye's and Shine on Hwy 149 is posted.

I'll take a pic in the morning and try to post it.

Edited by aquaman67
I've asked employees at both of those stores why they have the sign up and it was to keep the BG's from robbing them..

Can you blame them? Someone that is going to commit armed robbery might think twice if it is going to be compounded by adding a misdemeanor.

leaving.gif

And they felt that a HCP holder could be just as crazy and come in there shooting up the place.

Must have met some of the forum members. :rock:

This is why many say that will not patronize a place they can not carry.

There must be another beer store in the area that is not posted.

Exactly. The last thing I want is to trample all over the rights of others just so I can exercises my "rights". I have earned the "privilege" to carry a handgun in Tennessee and have the right to shop somewhere else if an establishment is posted. Just my :D, flame me if you must.

Guest Republican

What is the big deal. Either someone is going to rob a store or they are not going to rob a store. The gun has nothing to do with it.

Maybe they should put up a sign that says "no pockets" to discourage shoplifters as well.

Guest 1817ak47
I'm sure they are out there but I have never seen a properly posted convenience store.

ther eis one here in knoxville on northshore dr it is a gas station with a mcdonalds in it. it is near I-140 and it is across the street from kroger. I has one of those clearly visable signs on the front door. that was my last visit there

ther eis one here in knoxville on northshore dr it is a gas station with a mcdonalds in it. it is near I-140 and it is across the street from kroger. I has one of those clearly visable signs on the front door. that was my last visit there

Has something close to proper wording, or just a big picture?

- OS

I haven't seen one of those signs when at a gas station. I hope you conceal your handgun b/c it cuts down on scoping out signs. Maybe they are out there and I don't know or maybe I need a new set of RX lenses. My handgun stays on me hidden from everyone. I've never been patted down and stripped searched when walking into a gas station. If it gets to that point, I probably won't go to that gas station. Now if I see some sort of sign that catches my attention, I normally take business somewhere.....but sometimes you have to go to the gas station to use the can! Now what if you see this sign and you really have to go bad and you have your gun on you????....I know I'll be running to the bathroom before I run to my car!