Dear Glock, why so confusing?

Erik88

With you on that, Sgt. Joe. Took me years to get past the "plastic" part. Finally met a Glock fiend (yeah, I said "fiend" -- his opinion is that Glock is the ONLY one out there) ... at the range, and shot his. Just didn't fit me. My boy bought one. Shot it. Didn't like it. Just doesn't fit me.

The kid just got an XD, though, and I LIKE it! Maybe I'm finally getting past the plastic part. Glock just doesn't fit though.

I wonder ... is the XD grip similar to a 1911? Might be why it fit so well ... I shot it better than my Springfield ...

For all the Glock fanatics ... tickled you like them. I don't. But, Sgt. Joe, I don't want to be on the other end of one, either!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should call Gaston.

Maybe they'd sell more if they named new models stuff like Eliminator, Eradicator, Terminator, Destroyer, Vaporizer, KaBoom, and the like.

- OS

OS, I can never tell if you are being serious or sarcastic. Who/what is Gaston?

Keeping up with Glocks is no harder than any of the other manufacturer's products. Sig comes to mind. :cool: S&W - particularly semi-autos, etc, etc.

At least with Glock they only make the one dang gun, it just comes in 3 sizes and an assortment of calibers. ;)

Keeping up with Glocks is no harder than any of the other manufacturer's products. Sig comes to mind. :cool: S&W - particularly semi-autos, etc, etc.

At least with Glock they only make the one dang gun, it just comes in 3 sizes and an assortment of calibers. ;)

The examples I provided would disagree with that. But I do see what your saying, S&W has a million models. I just think Glock could have done a better job.

How about caliber and then Small Medium Large

G26= G9S G19=G9M

G27=G40S G23= G40m

Agree with you on Sig though, the majority of the guns(p238 excluded) are pretty confusing

How about caliber and then Small Medium Large

G26= G9S G19=G9M

G27=G40S G23= G40m

Exactly what I was thinking....40 Glock - Full, Compact, Sub-Compact.

Could care less about accomodating RTF or whatever else they're trying to do in keeping up with the Jones'. :cool:

Edited by Garufa

Smith is the one that is impossible for me to keep up with. I read somewhere that they were so bad in the 50's they used to issue a dial to dealers so you could turn the dial to a model number and it would give you the specifics of that model.

I don't really think Glock's are all that bad.

Costello: "So, what kind of gun do the cops around here carry?"

Abbott: "Glock 22."

Costello: "What?! Why in the world would a cop wanna carry a .22?"

Abbott: "It's a .40."

Costello: "You mean to tell me Glock makes a gun that shoots .22 and .40?!"

Abbott: "No, a Glock 22 shoots .40."

Costello: "What?! Next, I guess you're gonna tell me that a Glock 38 shoots 9!"

Abbott: "No, a Glock 38 shoots .45 GAP."

Costello: "WHAT?!?! What the heck is .45 GAP?!"

Abbott: "It's a .45 that's the same size as a 9."

Costello: <nearly faints> "So, you're tellin' me that a Glock 22 shoots .40?"

Abbott: "Yep."