EXTREMELY disappointing encounter with someone with a badge

Guest Glock23ForMe

Guest Glock23ForMe
Ok, here's the deal....

... remains that you got to go home, physically intact, and had a nice dinner with your date. You won. Not him.

Understand completely, and thanks for changing the title. And for the record, I was carrying, probably the reason I just walked away and got back on the phone and just kept going. I'm at all times an avoiding person, I always try to be the bigger one and just walk away. And I'm pretty sure if I would have said I was on a first date it wouldn't have changed his mind.

And I did win.. :2cents:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not realized it until I read this thread, but the fact that I was carrying at the time, and didn't want to jeopardize that right for me or for other CCW holders, has made me walk away from more than one confrontation. It would be hard to quantify how much violence carrying has prevented without a gun ever having been drawn.

I wish, more than anything, I would have walked up to the window, got his name, department and badge number, because I would have personally walked my butt down to that station and spoke to the chief in person and plainly stated that if this is the way you are to conduct your self around the general public when you're out of uniform... Go on somewhere else.

I wish you would have simply taken down his license plate number and then at a more convenient time, walked your azz into Franklin PD and made a complaint. Then when you made an internet story out of it; we would know if it was a cop.

Because right now all we know is that two not very smart people met in a parking lot. One got his feelings hurt and one got a parking space.

All that matters is this…. Did the badge story save face with the new chick? :drama:

I have a feeling that some, not most, not all, but some, of the officers that wear their badge for a crown have forgotten all about the "To SERVE and protect" that is written on the side of the cruiser.

You got all that from this parking lot incident? :2cents:

Guest Glock23ForMe
All that matters is this…. Did the badge story save face with the new chick? :drama:

You got all that from this parking lot incident? :2cents:

Umm.. Yeah, she thought it was funny and laughed. Kind of a good icebreaker when she says, "That guy almost hit you," and she got my side of the story.

I've been thinking about that for a while, but it was solidified last night.

And, yeah, I go to MTSU and a year or so ago, some chick stabbed another girl over a parking spot... cause it was for class and it was legit.

You should've got his name/badge number... Most departments frown highly on their officers "throwing their weight around" or using their position as some sort of power trip.

A well-written letter to his chief would have him thinking again before he pulled that again...

Forget the badge. Forget the A_ole. Parking is first come first served. I get it that you wanted your sweetie to get a spot but the fact is... Dude was there first in his car and ready to park it. Get out of his way and let the a_hole park. It was his space you can't just stand there and claim it for yourself without a vehicle.

Guest BEARMAN

Much better to walk away with "hurt feelings" than to possibly be walking away with a bloody nose, or worse, carried away with a gaping wound in your chest...over a parking spot, no less.

Badge, or no stinking badge...the consequences aren't worth it. IMO

I for one, think you handled it well, Glock23...considering you were carrying and had your new date with you.

Congrats on keeping your head screwed on straight, my brother. :2cents:

Guest Glock23ForMe

Thanks Bearman. And I believe that is the first response from a LEO. It was a fun night though, and this just adds to the story part of it

Guest Glock23ForMe
so get to the point, did you hit it?

My dad always taught me not to kiss and tell.....

When David said that I won. He was correct.

Guest Sgt. Joe
Forget the badge. Forget the A_ole. Parking is first come first served. I get it that you wanted your sweetie to get a spot but the fact is... Dude was there first in his car and ready to park it. Get out of his way and let the a_hole park. It was his space you can't just stand there and claim it for yourself without a vehicle.

Generally I agree with the above post....

However, from the OP...I point at a car coming toward the parking spot and say "Waiting for her."

If you could see her coming then so could the Jerk, IMO any decent gentleman type person would have let the lady have the parking spot. I know I would have and I am a grumpy ole son of gun;)

This is just a reflection of the society we live in these days, too many people are self consumed. The fact that the Jerk proclaimed that he was a Police officer and showed you a badge tells me that he probably is and knew that was all he had to intimidate you into getting his way.

But that is in no way a reflection on his Dept. or any LEO's in general. This Jerks actions tell me he would be a Jerk with or without any badge.

Had your date's car not already been in sight I revert back to the quoted post. First come first served.

You did well young man.:rolleyes:

The Jerks actions if they continue will catch up to him some where some day.

Guest walkingdeadman

There is always going to be "that" cop out there that thinks his :poop: doesn't stink. I have an uncle that is a rescue officer for the sheriffs dept here in town and he loves to flash his badge. Funny thing about it is, he isn't even a real cop. Losers. They don't get any slack from me. And to think I wanted to be a cop at one time in my life. :hat:

No disrespect to any officer on this forum, unless this was you, and if it was... I'd like to hit you in the face with something heavy, hard and extremely blunt.

I was going out on a date tonight, first date I might add, and we were going to a nice restaurant in Franklin. We got to the restaurant and the parking lot was full, I had never met this girl in my life and didn't want her to have to drive around for 15 minutes because they have a small parking lot. So, I started walking around and found a parking spot, because she was pulling into the restaurant. About 20 seconds before she got to me, this guy starts backing into the parking spot I'm standing in. Being a 6'1" 230lb guy, I know this is no mistake. He stops less than 2 ft away sticks the top half of his body out of the window and says, "What are you doing?" I point at a car coming toward the parking spot and say "Waiting for her." He replies sharply with an, "This one looks empty to me, so why don't you move." I follow that up with an, "I'm standing right here, so go find another one." He goes into his car, comes out sharply, so I scoot to the right to where I can see him before he sees me. He pulls his wallet out of his car, opens it, shows me his badge and says "How bout you move now, before I make you move." Not wanting to cause a confrontation with some idiot, I move and my lady friend calls me and says "What's that guy doing?" She says she found another one and I walked over there to her, blowing steam out of both of my ears.

My question is this.. I realize that it's a parking spot, but what's the difference in than and saving seats at an open seating movie, theater, etc? Honestly? What kind of person, even an OFFICER, can be so provoked to start a confrontation over a parking spot. IMO, these are the types of officers where their badge is a crown and the general public should bow down, just because they made it through academy. Grant it, he does put his life on the line whenever he goes on duty, and I appreciate that, but he makes himself, and his department, look like a large ass whenever he shows his ass, off duty, outside of a restaurant. I wish, more than anything, I would have walked up to the window, got his name, department and badge number, because I would have personally walked my butt down to that station and spoke to the chief in person and plainly stated that if this is the way you are to conduct your self around the general public when you're out of uniform... Go on somewhere else. I have a feeling that some, not most, not all, but some, of the officers that wear their badge for a crown have forgotten all about the "To SERVE and protect" that is written on the side of the cruiser. Why not act like a human? All that a citizen sees is, when you flash your badge to intimidate someone in order to get what you want, is a big ******* who has a large ego and needs a plastic surgery procedure to shrink your head.

Sincerely,

Concerned Citizen and Parking Spot Saver

Guest Straight Shooter

All the "Did you hit it" and "sounds like he hit it" posts are so crass,if one of you asked that to my face youd get the back of my hand,and more.

And all those of you who are sooo HYPER-SENSATIVE to ANY criticism of the police, especially when warranted, make me want to puke. Theres good/bad in most every profession...cops, truck drivers, PRIESTS, ect. They need to be pointed out each and every time. If the shoe dont fit...why should you worry? The poster went out of his way to say he was not anti-cop, on the contrary. Some of yall get on here just LOOKING for something to bitch about.

All the "Did you hit it" and "sounds like he hit it" posts are so crass,if one of you asked that to my face youd get the back of my hand,and more.

And all those of you who are sooo HYPER-SENSATIVE to ANY criticism of the police, especially when warranted, make me want to puke. Theres good/bad in most every profession...cops, truck drivers, PRIESTS, ect. They need to be pointed out each and every time. If the shoe dont fit...why should you worry? The poster went out of his way to say he was not anti-cop, on the contrary. Some of yall get on here just LOOKING for something to bitch about.

?

Guest clsutton21

Wow. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. :hat: