2011 Kia Sorento EX V6

My family has been in need of a 7 passenger vehicle for a year or so now. My wife and I decided we were either going to go with a new Honda Odyssey mini van or a new Toyota Sequoia or GMC Yukon, I never thought I would be saying this but we bought a 2011 Kia Sorento with every option available and I absolutely love it! When I found out that the 2011 Sorento was built in the US in Georgia I decided to go to Carnival Kia and check them out, in all honesty I paid right at $30K for it and could not be happier, Sorry just had to tell someone :hiding:

2010_kia_sorento_press_images_001.jpg[/img]

Edited by willis68
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pjblurton
My family has been in need of a 7 passenger vehicle for a year or so now........... in all honesty I paid right at $30K for it

Congrats on your new purchase!

(Damn I'm glad my kids have all moved out!)

• Admin Team

I think this is kind of the American story in a sense. Once you've been here for a while, you kind of get fat and happy - and start slacking off. Hyundai and Kia both seem to understand keeping costs low and delivering value. They really seem to have gotten their quality control dialed in, and are set to be significant players for some time to come.

Hyundai especially deserves credit for their Purchase Assurance program last year where they would buy back your car if you lost your job. I heard an interview with their President in which he said they sold 435,064 cars in 2009 and bought back 109 of them.

Marketing genius.

I'm amazed at what is considered affordable these days. 30k! Not begrudging anyone for paying it (unless they borrowed it :D), just amazed at what these things cost. I am glad Kia is out there with good options, it just makes me sick to see the window stickers of any new vehicle.

Edited by Smith
$30k a value? come-on. paying 30k for a vehicle no matter what options it has is anything but a value. I don't care who makes it.

I will put it to you this way, My brother in law owns a Lexus crossover that he paid over $50K for and even he is thinking about selling his to buy one like mine. Yes 30K is a lot of money but I got all the bells and whistles for that money, built in Navigation, Leather seats, Rear Back up camera, rear DVD entertainment system, automatic climate control for front and back, heated seats and several more things,They do have them a lot cheaper not as loaded but considering I was prepared to spend $40 to $55K, I feel that I got a bargain and am very happy :drool:

Edited by willis68
I've got a 2005 Sorento and have never had a bit of trouble out of it. Still love it. Did you get the panoramic roof?

No, I have grand kids and we take road trips, we got the rear DVD entertainment system instead, if it was not for that I would have gotten the roof

Nice looking vehicle. I know several people that have the Honda van and that have put mulitiple transmissions in them. Next door neighboor traded his off 2 weeks ago becasue the trans was failing for the 3rd time.

Honda still cant perfect mating a V6 and automatic transmission...its common on the vans, and the accords...I think maybe the newest accords they have finally fixed the issue. In all honesty though most of the 99-05 Odysseys should have been recalled.

Congrats on the purchase...however I might be biased(since im a used car guy) but I would think you would have gotten a better value had you bought one that was just a year old since depreciation on the KIA's is still quite high.

I will put it to you this way, My brother in law owns a Lexus crossover that he paid over $50K for and even he is thinking about selling his to buy one like mine. Yes 30K is a lot of money but I got all the bells and whistles for that money, built in Navigation, Leather seats, Rear Back up camera, rear DVD entertainment system, automatic climate control for front and back, heated seats and several more things,They do have them a lot cheaper not as loaded but considering I was prepared to spend $40 to $55K, I feel that I got a bargain and am very happy :screwy:

Hey.. I'm not knockin the vehicle.. I just have a hard time calling 30k a bargain. I stole my harley at just under 20k but I would never call that a bargain either.. lol

more like the fleecing of america..

Edited by lowbud
Hey.. I'm not knockin the vehicle.. I just have a hard time calling 30k a bargain. I stole my harley at just under 20k but I would never call that a bargain either.. lol

more like the fleecing of america..

I here you on that, Hell the Harley I wanted and almost bought was like $25K :D

Honda still cant perfect mating a V6 and automatic transmission...its common on the vans, and the accords...I think maybe the newest accords they have finally fixed the issue. In all honesty though most of the 99-05 Odysseys should have been recalled.

Congrats on the purchase...however I might be biased(since im a used car guy) but I would think you would have gotten a better value had you bought one that was just a year old since depreciation on the KIA's is still quite high.

Magic, I know what you mean, It depreciates as soon as I drive it off the lot but it has been several years since I bought a new car and it was a good feeling. I bought a 2007 FJ cruiser with 300 miles on it in 07 and that was the closest to new in over 15 years

I am glad to see people buying the new cars and you have a nice one. Take care of them so people like me can have something to drive 6-7 years from now. Hopefully some little old lady is buying a black crewmax 4x4 tundra with a sunroof today. Don't drive it too much ma'am :D

I have owned several Kia's. We have used them in business and personal. The company I work for does the Factory Auctions for the area. There quaility has been good since the 2003 model year. My wifes Mom just got a Sorento last year. They are a bargin at the Auction.

Glad you got what you wanted. Nothing like a new car smell! lol