• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj
What rank is an admirable? :P
It's relative.

hahaha

:middlefingersmilie:

:P I'm going to blame it on the iphone...

Hey, at least I spelled it correctly.....

Screw you guys, I'm going home...:)

As I understand it, they're going to shrear it off, then make a clean cut right at the top of the blowout preventer, then lower the cap over the clean cut. The oil will flow unrestricted until the cap is in place.

They predict a max flow increase of 20%. But, as we know, their predictions have been pretty worthless. Oh yeah, and they tend to lie like dogs about flow rate.

If this one fails, we're gonna have a nice, clean cut nozzle to maximize the flow.

BTW... BP's stock price is headed for the toilet today.

They need to slap a gigantic saddle valve on that puppy then cap the mainline. We need to hook BP up with a good plumber, then, they'll get the job done and have the worlds largest plumbing bill

There's a reason they didn't crimp the pipe. My guess is that the well tube won't handle the pressure.

Fletch: "Awww, come on guys, it's so simple maybe you need a refresher course. [leans arm on hot engine part, then jumps away] Heyya! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads, and I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State."

Holder just launched a criminal investigation into the oil spill. I expected that at some point.

Shrewd move, all right. We certainly want to keep alienating BP to the max as I'm sure it makes their fix/cleanup efforts so much more efficient. :)

- OS

Shrewd move, all right. We certainly want to keep alienating BP to the max as I'm sure it makes their fix/cleanup efforts so much more efficient. :)

- OS

I read more since that post. Not investigating just BP. It's everybody involved. I hope BP knows better than to feel alienated. Copping an attitude would make their lives much harder. So far, I can't see that anybody has mistreated them.

I read more since that post. Not investigating just BP. It's everybody involved....

Sounds to me like de gummit's own MMS division of Interior Dept. or whatever it is could be as culpable as anyone else.

Like that office penciling in the correct response for BP to ink over and sign, little things like that.

But of course when the government investigates itself, well...

- OS

Guest 6.8 AR

Holder is screwing up, like OS says. It would be a good time for a little cooperation to

get the mess cleaned up. Then investigate until his heart's content.

Holder is screwing up, like OS says. It would be a good time for a little cooperation to

get the mess cleaned up. Then investigate until his heart's content.

FWIW, I agree with both of you about the timing. I expected a criminal investigation, because they're going to find things that directly resulted in deaths.

Still lots of speculation, but I've seen enough to believe that there had to be some willful negligence on more than one occaision. I don't know if Holder is just beating his chest, or if he has seen elements of the current investigation that he can start acting on. It will be interesting to watch

Sounds to me like de gummit's own MMS division of Interior Dept. or whatever it is could be as culpable as anyone else.

Like that office penciling in the correct response for BP to ink over and sign, little things like that.

But of course when the government investigates itself, well...

- OS

They've already lopped off at least one head in MMS. They ain't done.

Guest 6.8 AR

Maybe to preserve the facts(documents and evidence). Announcing an investigation

is just political rhetoric, though. If the Fed was so concerned about this spill, why didn't they get involved earlier. The press conferences with that Admiral made more excuses about studies to determine whether they need this or that at the gulf and just showed their unwillingness to do anything except waste the bureaucratic time and money.

Instead of saying "Plug the damned hole", our fearless leader should have asked

"What can we do to help?". Just a good political opportunity to stop offshore drilling,

for his radical friends. James Carville the crazy man, even turned on him, and he helped get him elected.

This is Obama's "Katrina" and he politicized it, immediately. He had the perfect political

opportunity and blew it, just to appease the radicals.

Edited by 6.8 AR
add
Maybe to preserve the facts(documents and evidence). Announcing an investigation

is just political rhetoric, though. If the Fed was so concerned about this spill, why didn't they get involved earlier. The press conferences with that Admiral made more excuses about studies to determine whether they need this or that at the gulf and just showed their unwillingness to do anything except waste the bureaucratic time and money.

Instead of saying "Plug the damned hole", our fearless leader should have asked

"What can we do to help?". Just a good political opportunity to stop offshore drilling,

for his radical friends. James Carville the crazy man, even turned on him, and he helped get him elected.

This is Obama's "Katrina" and he politicized it, immediately. He had the perfect political

opportunity and blew it, just to appease the radicals.

C'mon man. You're better than just quoting Fox. The feds were all over this as soon as it happened. "Obama's Katrina" is the kind of Fox, Limbaugh, Beck BS that accomplishes nothing, and is 99% fabrication.

No reason to drag up Katrina. As with 911, the government learned and became more prepared. It's easy for Carville to come in there and run his mouth. Major disaster response always starts out shakey, because they have to build their lines of communication on the fly.

All the politicians are going to politicize it to some extent. Doesn't mean they aren't working on the problem at the same time.

The Exxon Valdez spilled less oil, and coated everything with it. The folks in the Gulf aren't doing such a bad job.

I'm pretty sure just plugging the damn hole would have blown the whole thing. We saw yesterday that they have the tools to just crimp the pipe shut.

Guest SUNTZU

I find it amusing that you consistently downplay any conservative news but turn around with a quick appeal to listen to the current administration and offer up an excuse for what they are doing which can only be based on liberal news sites. I'll listen to both sides and seek truth from the morass of "reporting" but sometimes your posts make me chuckle with the obvious love you have for Dear Leader.

I find it amusing that you consistently downplay any conservative news but turn around with a quick appeal to listen to the current administration and offer up an excuse for what they are doing which can only be based on liberal news sites. I'll listen to both sides and seek truth from the morass of "reporting" but sometimes your posts make me chuckle with the obvious love you have for Dear Leader.

Not exactly that. Little catch phrases like "Obama's Katrina" are strictly political. Has nothing to do with the news. I'm getting 99% of my information on this thing by watching the players, not listening to BS commentators from EITHER side. It's easier to get it from places other than Fox, because the rest aren't pushing as much BS.

EDIT: And as far as Obama goes, I'm not sure it's anything close to love. He's a liberal with some weaknesses. He certainly isn't the messiah. He is also not Hitler, as much as the "Conservative Jounalists" try to convince you that he is.

Edited by mikegideon
Guest 6.8 AR

They did learn some things from Katrina. I just think it would been more appropriate to offer assistance earlier on, instead of letting this fester, and that does look very political.

I don't have anything against a criminal investigation at all, but the timing stinks. He did place a six month moratorium on offshore drilling, didn't he? You want to bet he makes it permanent?

It was before.:)

I've said before I would give him credit if he did something in the country's

best interest, but he doesn't appear to be looking out for the country by

letting the bureaucracy do things at a snail's pace when there are resources

available to assist in cleaning and repairing that spill. Isn't that just common

sense? I haven't been watching Fox too much, lately. Fixing my central air

unit. This house is still a bit warm. Maybe today:D Heck of a way to spend a vacation.:(

Guest SUNTZU
Not exactly that. Little catch phrases like "Obama's Katrina" are strictly political. Has nothing to do with the news. I'm getting 99% of my information on this thing by watching the players, not listening to BS commentators from EITHER side. It's easier to get it from places other than Fox, because the rest aren't pushing as much BS.

Can you PM me some places you are looking? If its objective, I'd be glad to look at it. Anything to cut through at least some of the crap. I WILL say that as much as Obama has constantly blamed Bush for the last year and a half he deserves the call for Obama's Katrina. Having troops on the ground from Day One while he pissed and moaned about Arizona and played golf is NOT being "in charge from Day One." As much as we had to watch Bush reading a schoolbook after 9-11 and listen to bitching Obama deserves his time under the lens.

And just to head you, or anyone else, off at the pass...I'm neither Democrat or Republican. I don't remember you doing it, Mike, but I laugh at the race card. I look forward to hearing from you.